Penalties, Penalties, Penalties....

SoFlaJets

Are making the watching of these games less enjoyable week after week. It was so obvious what the zebras were doing in trying to keep it close soas to give the Brits "a good show mates". When one team has twice as many yards than the opponent and nearly twice as many flags thrown then you have to start to wonder just how low this league will go. Here's a cool site to peruse with all the data thus far.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

I agree with what this guy had to say in the comment section

Todd Stevens ·

952 penalties in 63 games so far this season. Fifteen per game. Nearly 30 in the Bills-Giants game yesterday. I agree 100% with the other post here. This is unwatchable. I can't even cheer when something happens now; I'm being conditioned to wait until I see the field is free of flags, the next play will happen unchallenged, and the legal process has exhausted itself. Yesterday was the least enjoyable NFL weekend I can remember. And I'm not going to continue wasting my Sundays if this is the return on investment I'm going to get. Wake up NFL, or continue slouching toward Gomorrah.

Are making the watching of these games less enjoyable week after week. It was so obvious what the zebras were doing in trying to keep it close soas to give the Brits "a good show mates". When one team has twice as many yards than the opponent and nearly twice as many flags thrown then you have to start to wonder just how low this league will go. Here's a cool site to peruse with all the data thus far.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

The officials had a heavy hand in trying to influence both the Eagles and Dolphins games for us... and in both cases, it maps to obvious NFL agenda.

Eagles = keeping Chip Kelly, the polarizing Tim Tebow of head coaching, in the national conversation. 

Dolphins = making a good showing in London.

Vince McMahon would be proud.

Todd Stevens ·

952 penalties in 63 games so far this season. Fifteen per game. Nearly 30 in the Bills-Giants game yesterday. I agree 100% with the other post here. This is unwatchable. I can't even cheer when something happens now; I'm being conditioned to wait until I see the field is free of flags, the next play will happen unchallenged, and the legal process has exhausted itself. Yesterday was the least enjoyable NFL weekend I can remember. And I'm not going to continue wasting my Sundays if this is the return on investment I'm going to get. Wake up NFL, or continue slouching toward Gomorrah.

Yup. After my initial cheer for a good play, I immediately stop and wait for flags. ?

Can't cry over spilled milk but we got absolutely jobbed in that Eagles game! Here's what burns my azz, if you watch a Patriots home game it seems they ALWAYS get calls their way. We've all talked about it by stating how tough it is to win there because you also have to overcome the refs.

But that NEVER seems to be the case when we play on our home field? I mean it felt like the refs for that Eagles game were god damn Eagles fans! Like I said before, I watched that game at a Wild Wings in SC & the guy next to me was an Eagles fan. He could not believe that Marshall didn't get the call in the endzone with an Eagles DB literally hanging off his shoulder before the ball got there. Marshalls 6'-5", hard to miss! Then you look at the ticky tack PIs they called on the Jets in London!

The other thing in the Eagles game was the non- holding calls on the Eagles Oline! My god, every replay showed our guys getting tugged & pulled all over the place like I was watching Baylors spread offense in college. The Eagles have played 4 games now & their Oline has looked like SH*T vs every team BUT THE JETS ( a team with a stud Dline) Makes no sense!

Todd Stevens ·

I would add to that... it is reminiscent of a scene from a "MOB" movie where the fix is in simply to cover a spread.  Cant have the JETS win by more than "X".

It really makes you wonder about the refs integrity.  I fully believe they are coached to protect the name brands "Brady, Manning, Brees etc.."

I would add to that... it is reminiscent of a scene from a "MOB" movie where the fix is in simply to cover a spread.  Cant have the JETS win by more than "X".

It really makes you wonder about the refs integrity.  I fully believe they are coached to protect the name brands "Brady, Manning, Brees etc.."

I have long believed that to be the case but as for the penalties you ever notice how they sometimes even it up with a few minutes left so it doesn't look TOO bad? A big part of it is WHEN the calls are being made. That's what happened Sunday morning, the Fins finally started getting flaggd with a few minutes left after the game was kept nicely under control. That same stuff always happens against New England-you have 3 quarters of absolutely criminal behavior by the cheating Zebra crews and then bing bang boom the Jets'll get 3 or 4 in a row that won't really change a thing. While Brady's calls amount to scoring drives

Todd Stevens ·

You get a sense that after any good play there will be a flag. Goodell must think he died and went to heaven. What do you think happens when lawyers run the league? It's what they do....they penalize you for almost anything. Most of the time even the guys doing the commentary are perplexed by these calls which are so arbitrary that they can be right if called or right if not called. Now THAT is lawyerese heaven. Goodell will ruin this league if he is allowed to stay on as commissioner. Then they show they don't even know the rules when Detroit loses possession on a call that was never made.

Maybe they should change the entire penalty process in football.  Go to some sort of modified basketball/football/hockey penalty system when not only are you penalized yardage, but players who commit penalties have to sit out for a certain amount of time (like hockey), say one or two plays.  Then, if a player commits a certain number of penalties he has to leave the game (like basketball), say five penalties.

That would definitely cut down on the number of penalties.

Maybe they should change the entire penalty process in football.  Go to some sort of modified basketball/football/hockey penalty system when not only are you penalized yardage, but players who commit penalties have to sit out for a certain amount of time (like hockey), say one or two plays.  Then, if a player commits a certain number of penalties he has to leave the game (like basketball), say five penalties.

That would definitely cut down on the number of penalties.

No this would cut down the number of players. Not penalties. The NFL is a rigged game now and the refs have complete autonomy to call whatever comes into their scattered little brains.

No this would cut down the number of players. Not penalties. The NFL is a rigged game now and the refs have complete autonomy to call whatever comes into their scattered little brains.

Isn't it sad now how THIS is the whole ball of wax right there. "The NFL is a rigged game now" this is what it has come to, we all know the game is fixed to favor our most hated rival and we still watch anyway, we still sit here and argue about the games and the team knowing full well what is really going on. I guess we hope against all hope that perhaps maybe some day some Gods of the gridiron will feel soory enough for us and throw the Jets a bone and choose US to be World Champs. How hollow would that feel too? Ahh who cares, I'll take it anyway, just so we can all say EFF YOU to the A-hole fans of the cheats

I can't even cheer when something happens now; I'm being conditioned to wait until I see the field is free of flag

so so so so so true.  after revis' int in the endzone I waited a good 10 seconds before cheering

kinda sucks

Archived