Superbowl D

Patriot Killa

Our defense has something that I have only seen from the 2000 Ravens D. Pure instinct. Almost all our defensive starters have a nack for finding the ball. I mean c'mon guys.. When you have 4 corners who have all started games and can fly around the field it makes it extremely hard to feel sure letting the ball go as a QB. Skrine is covering and blitzing and then you have Revis locking up the #1 WR. Our Safety play has been phenomenal. It just erks the hell out of me to know we would be very highly favored Superbowl contenders if we had a great QB. Don't get me wrong. All respect to Fitz because he has played well enough to give us the optimism we have now. But man.. for fun just imagine if we had a star behind center. I think we could win as many games as we wanted. I don't think there is a team out there that would be able to stop us. Our Defense has given our Offense opportunity after opportunity. If we had someone to take advantage of those situations we truthfully could be blowing teams out with scores of high 30's to 40's. This D can take us a long way but our O has to keep up. They did yesterday but they didn't against the Eagles.. And those are games we can't afford to have. We're still undefeated with a good QB.... Maybe 5-0 going into the Patriot game. What do we do to give our team the QB play it needs after 2015/Fitz era? If we can do it before our players get too old... We are on our way.

Dont let the lack of being considered SB favorites bother you. We need to beat SB caliber teams first. I think we've received much more respect after the 1st quarter of the season. I was looking at the talent on this team before the season started yet was looking at people ranking the Jets 3rd or 4th in the AFCE and having as low as a 6-10 record. 

You dont go from that to SB contenders by beating the Fins, Colts and Browns. Lets beat the Patriots, better yet, lets sweep the Patriots. I promise you if we do that you'll hear every sports channel on America putting the Jets in the SB conversation. 

Lets not get ahead ourselves here.  They've played some of the worst offensive teams in the league thus far and lost to one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

Ravens 2000?  They've got a long long long way to go before you can make that claim.  

Our defense has something that I have only seen from the 2000 Ravens D. Pure instinct. Almost all our defensive starters have a nack for finding the ball. I mean c'mon guys.. When you have 4 corners who have all started games and can fly around the field it makes it extremely hard to feel sure letting the ball go as a QB. Skrine is covering and blitzing and then you have Revis locking up the #1 WR. Our Safety play has been phenomenal. It just erks the hell out of me to know we would be very highly favored Superbowl contenders if we had a great QB. Don't get me wrong. All respect to Fitz because he has played well enough to give us the optimism we have now. But man.. for fun just imagine if we had a star behind center. I think we could win as many games as we wanted. I don't think there is a team out there that would be able to stop us. Our Defense has given our Offense opportunity after opportunity. If we had someone to take advantage of those situations we truthfully could be blowing teams out with scores of high 30's to 40's. This D can take us a long way but our O has to keep up. They did yesterday but they didn't against the Eagles.. And those are games we can't afford to have. We're still undefeated with a good QB.... Maybe 5-0 going into the Patriot game. What do we do to give our team the QB play it needs after 2015/Fitz era? If we can do it before our players get too old... We are on our way.

I sometimes think about what it would be like to have a star QB and then I remind myself that we would have to pay him 20 mil a year and likely would not have been able to sign Revis and Skrine.  

Lets not get ahead ourselves here.  They've played some of the worst offensive teams in the league thus far and lost to one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

Ravens 2000?  They've got a long long long way to go before you can make that claim.  

pardon me. I meant we have the same level of player instinct here. We have playmakers. 

I sometimes think about what it would be like to have a star QB and then I remind myself that we would have to pay him 20 mil a year and likely would not have been able to sign Revis and Skrine.  

very true. Maybe the draft can supply us with one.. But that really doesn't help because that said player would still need time to be developed

Dont let the lack of being considered SB favorites bother you. We need to beat SB caliber teams first. I think we've received much more respect after the 1st quarter of the season. I was looking at the talent on this team before the season started yet was looking at people ranking the Jets 3rd or 4th in the AFCE and having as low as a 6-10 record. 

You dont go from that to SB contenders by beating the Fins, Colts and Browns. Lets beat the Patriots, better yet, lets sweep the Patriots. I promise you if we do that you'll hear every sports channel on America putting the Jets in the SB conversation. 

It's fairly simple.  Sweep the Pats and we get our first home playoff game since 2002.  Please, please, please Coach Bowles make this happen.  I don't want Brady/Belichick's retirement to be the reason we finally take over this division.

It's fairly simple.  Sweep the Pats and we get our first home playoff game since 2002.  Please, please, please Coach Bowles make this happen.  I don't want Brady/Belichick's retirement to be the reason we finally take over this division.

if we sweep the patriots then that probably means we sweep the bills too. That's not 100%... but beating Brady and those cheaters is pretty much beating any team in the AFC

Sweeping them would be as sweet as sweeping Marino back in 1998. Actually, it would be much sweeter...I actually have respect for Dan Marino. 

Im not scared of Gronk, though their dark horse is Dion Lewis. We keep those guys in check and we can most def take both games. 

Honestly most of the AFC is terrible this year.

+1 - Love the optimism, we need more of that around here. Saying that some of these old Jet fans are jaded might be an understatement.

This year the AFC has only 3 really strong teams (Patriots, Broncos, Bengals). Past that the AFC is wide open and I believe that the Jets are in that tier of the next best teams.

If this Jets can continue to play complete, complimentary football then this team can do great things. Especially on defense.

+1 - Love the optimism, we need more of that around here. Saying that some of these old Jet fans are jaded might be an understatement.

This year the AFC has only 3 really strong teams (Patriots, Broncos, Bengals). Past that the AFC is wide open and I believe that the Jets are in that tier of the next best teams.

If this Jets can continue to play complete, complimentary football then this team can do great things. Especially on defense.

agreed! I thought we had a decent chance at the playoffs before the season started but after seeing what most of the AFC teams are displaying(Aside from Pats,Cinci and Denver) we can def. make the playoffs. We just need to see more of what we seen yesterday. The score may have only been 27-14 .. We still dominated the game on O and D.

weak year in the NFL I guess.. Lions are too talented to go 0-4. Caldwell should just stick to being a coordinator. 

I like it though. Alot of teams that people wouldnt expect. Arizona is BLOWING teams out of the building, Jets have the 3rd best record in the AFC, Andy Dalton playing like he wants to be top 10 in the league, Matty Ice and the Falcons playing up to their potential, Cam and the Panthers are 4-0 beating teams that they should beat, the NFC east is a mess but also the AFC North and once Luck gets back on the field and beats up on that division he'll be "King of the North" once again...until playoff time :-)

Anyway, its cool when its not just the same names every year and when things are pretty mixed up like this. It makes the last 4 games of the year pretty epic. Its like the playoffs start a month early. Games get pretty real. 

I like it though. Alot of teams that people wouldnt expect. Arizona is BLOWING teams out of the building, Jets have the 3rd best record in the AFC, Andy Dalton playing like he wants to be top 10 in the league, Matty Ice and the Falcons playing up to their potential, Cam and the Panthers are 4-0 beating teams that they should beat, the NFC east is a mess but also the AFC North and once Luck gets back on the field and beats up on that division he'll be "King of the North" once again...until playoff time :-)

Anyway, its cool when its not just the same names every year and when things are pretty mixed up like this. It makes the last 4 games of the year pretty epic. Its like the playoffs start a month early. Games get pretty real. 

i do like the fact different teams are dominating. Its kind of refreshing... Especially given that our team is one of teams doing well. If we sweep the Bills that would be great too. I love shutting those cocky Bills fans up. A lot of them are just now realizing their D has seen regression under Rex.

i do like the fact different teams are dominating. Its kind of refreshing... Especially given that our team is one of teams doing well. If we sweep the Bills that would be great too. I love shutting those cocky Bills fans up. A lot of them are just now realizing their D has seen regressionregression under Rex.

I've always had a place for the Bills, never liked the Fins or Pats. I would love to sweep the division this year. We could do it. Rex is running an asylum up north so we can expect fierce play but zero discipline. The Patriots arent as stout on defense and I think the Jets can scheme well for Gronk to contain him. My concern is Dion Lewis, a guy who is kinda under the radar but he's been tearing it up for the Pats in the backfield. He's very "Darren Sproles" in his game so he's a concern of mine. 

This is going to be a good season. There are 6 AFC spots for the playoffs and from the looks of it the Jets will have a place. I just hope its one of the top 2 spots so we can get a 2nd bye week. 

I believe this team can go 12-4 which is basically 3-1 every month. 

I've always had a place for the Bills, never liked the Fins or Pats. I would love to sweep the division this year. We could do it. Rex is running an asylum up north so we can expect fierce play but zero discipline. The Patriots arent as stout on defense and I think the Jets can scheme well for Gronk to contain him. My concern is Dion Lewis, a guy who is kinda under the radar but he's been tearing it up for the Pats in the backfield. He's very "Darren Sproles" in his game so he's a concern of mine. 

This is going to be a good season. There are 6 AFC spots for the playoffs and from the looks of it the Jets will have a place. I just hope its one of the top 2 spots so we can get a 2nd bye week. 

I believe this team can go 12-4 which is basically 3-1 every month. 

i seen some of Lewis'es play. He's a good back. But with our line I think we can contain him. Those speedy backs always gave us problems though so I am a little iffy on that. I didn't believe we could sweep the division a few weeks back but its looking pretty possible. 12-4 is very possible. I'm sure Bowles prepares harder for divisions games. He knows how important those are. I have no fear we will ever be unprepared for a game. Its all about execution .

respect comes from getting to and winning in January, sweeping the Pats would be great but meaningless if they beat us in January.  we had respect when making those title games, let's do that again and win the damn title game then we'll be praised more than we could ever hope for.  Just win.

respect comes from getting to and winning in January, sweeping the Pats would be great but meaningless if they beat us in January.  we had respect when making those title games, let's do that again and win the damn title game then we'll be praised more than we could ever hope for.  Just win.

Got to get to January first, so sweeping the Pats isnt as meaningless. 

Got to get to January first, so sweeping the Pats isnt as meaningless. 

I'd love to sweep the Pats but if it doesn't come w/ a playoff app then who cares?  I am happy to be 3-1, I want to enjoy the bye then become 4-1 and we'll take it from there.  I think it's early to be looking at postseason.

sorry, but sweeping the Patriots will NEVER be meaningless to us Jets.

if we sweep them and miss the playoffs then who really cares?  we get to say we swept them as they go on another deep playoff run?  I want to sweep them regardless but I'm not going to enjoy it as much as beating them in the playoffs a few years ago if we miss the playoffs.

Dion Lewis is a small guy & has never carried the torch in the NFL for 16 games. The season is a marathon & guys start losing steam as the bumps & bruises add up. The Jets will be the deepest secondary the Pats will face & I think Skrine can "slow down" Edelman. 

We also boast something that is Bradys Kryptonite & that's a bad azz Dline that can push the pocket back into his f*cking lap & get that pussy on the move. It's gonna be interesting because this will be the best well rounded offense we've ever had to face the Patriots. Butler might be playing well but he's a shrimp compared to Marshall, Decker should abuse their #2 & hopefully Owusu will be back & Smith will be getting in the groove by then to stretch those mofos out for Ivory to abuse them in the open field! No turnovers = close games that one play takes it. Pats have faced ZERO adversity, let's be the team that gives them some. I'd like to see us abuse their Oline & get them all trigger happy with false starts ect. That frustrates the sh*t out of Brady.

I'd love to sweep the Pats but if it doesn't come w/ a playoff app then who cares?  I am happy to be 3-1, I want to enjoy the bye then become 4-1 and we'll take it from there.  I think it's early to be looking at postseason.

Sweeping the team that has dominated your division and for the most part your conference almost comes with a playoff invite. Bad teams dont sweep the Pats, pretty much no team sweeps the Pats. 

Any team that can stop Ivory, and play bend, but don't break D, and put up points on the scoreboard like the Pats will exploit Fitz so bad it's not even funny.

I've said it before, and I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Beli, and Brady will knock a lot of you Fitz fans way back down to earth, and luckily we don't play that beast D over in Denver no way Fitz even puts up points VS that D.

Again hope I'm wrong, but there will be a lot of guys coming down to earth in the next few weeks. 

very true. Maybe the draft can supply us with one.. But that really doesn't help because that said player would still need time to be developed

The best is that rare situation (like Luck or Wilson) who gets it right away and you get them on their rookie contracts for a few years.

Let's start with one win against the Pats.  Then we can worry about the second.

Sweeping the team that has dominated your division and for the most part your conference almost comes with a playoff invite. Bad teams dont sweep the Pats, pretty much no team sweeps the Pats. 

no one has swept them in the Brady era but Miami has had high hopes the last 2 years and has beaten them each year, what did it matter?

Archived