Superbowl D

Patriot Killa

I'd love to sweep the Pats but if it doesn't come w/ a playoff app then who cares?  I am happy to be 3-1, I want to enjoy the bye then become 4-1 and we'll take it from there.  I think it's early to be looking at postseason.

Rex Ryan would rather sweep Pats than go to playoffs.   Fact!

Any team that can stop Ivory, and play bend, but don't break D, and put up points on the scoreboard like the Pats will exploit Fitz so bad it's not even funny.

I've said it before, and I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Beli, and Brady will knock a lot of you Fitz fans way back down to earth, and luckily we don't play that beast D over in Denver no way Fitz even puts up points VS that D.

Again hope I'm wrong, but there will be a lot of guys coming down to earth in the next few weeks. 

Every game & every matchup is different in the NFL, that's why one week you see a team dominate & the next they struggle against what some would say is an inferior opponent.

Denver just beat a mediocre Vikings team by 3 at home. Demarcus Ware WAS a great pass rusher. Still is in spurts if you go 3 & out all of the time. Move the sticks & keep him on the field & his age will show. Talib is always one tweaked something away from the bench. Personally I think the Bengals might be the most balanced team, but, their coach is Marvin Lewis,lol.

Just keep winning, get a home playoff game & you never know. The top teams in the AFC, Pats, Broncos, Bengals are pretty much finished products sans injuries. The Jets are a complete wildcard with a new coaching staff, new #1 WR, new QB, 2 new #3 & #4 speed receivers, an entirely new secondary loaded with talent, 2 young OLBs (Reilly & Mauldin), slowly being integrated, a returning ALL PRO top 3 Dtackle in Richardson returning from suspension, a DROY in the making in Leo who can now rotate through the Dline & not play as many snaps so he can stay fresh & learn from 3 really good players in (Mo, Snacks & Sheldon), Who knows how Milliner & Ridley will contribute after weeks 6 & 8? This could turn out to be an EPIC SEASON!

You all arent sweeping the pats. Maybe..just maybe split a game.

I dont even think the jets DLine will be that much of a factor. The bills D, undisciplined but still as talented, if not more talented (depending on who you speak with) than the Jets Dline...sacked Brady only twice.

I can see the jets making the playoffs though. The AFC sucks this year..just alot of bad football all around.

you can already tell what the pats are gonna do against the jets. Make Fitzpatrick beat them w his arm..

Every game & every matchup is different in the NFL, that's why one week you see a team dominate & the next they struggle against what some would say is an inferior opponent.

Denver just beat a mediocre Vikings team by 3 at home. Demarcus Ware WAS a great pass rusher. Still is in spurts if you go 3 & out all of the time. Move the sticks & keep him on the field & his age will show. Talib is always one tweaked something away from the bench. Personally I think the Bengals might be the most balanced team, but, their coach is Marvin Lewis,lol.

Just keep winning, get a home playoff game & you never know. The top teams in the AFC, Pats, Broncos, Bengals are pretty much finished products sans injuries. The Jets are a complete wildcard with a new coaching staff, new #1 WR, new QB, 2 new #3 & #4 speed receivers, an entirely new secondary loaded with talent, 2 young OLBs (Reilly & Mauldin), slowly being integrated, a returning ALL PRO top 3 Dtackle in Richardson returning from suspension, a DROY in the making in Leo who can now rotate through the Dline & not play as many snaps so he can stay fresh & learn from 3 really good players in (Mo, Snacks & Sheldon), Who knows how Milliner & Ridley will contribute after weeks 6 & 8? This could turn out to be an EPIC SEASON!

Listen I want this to be an epic season as much as the next guy, but to actually think it will be is a joke.  Yes the Jets might have every single piece needed around the QB for it to be an epic season, BUT with Fitzpatrick at QB there is 100% chance of not having an epic season, with Geno at QB I'd move it to like 97% chance for not an epic season, and don't even mention the kid.

We can all enjoy it while we beat up on the crap teams in the NFL, and boy are there a lot of them, this team will probably win 10 games despite the QB, and get their doors blown in VS the first team they face in the playoffs that can compete in the trenches, and has a good QB, so basically every possible playoff team except Indy.

Great post! If Q1 is the baseline and the Jets get better each quarter of the season, the postseason could be really special. Add a terrific new head coach to the mix who seems to have the perfect personality for this team and to quote the late Keith Jackson, "Whoa Nelly!"

I've always had a place for the Bills, never liked the Fins or Pats. I would love to sweep the division this year. We could do it. Rex is running an asylum up north so we can expect fierce play but zero discipline. The Patriots arent as stout on defense and I think the Jets can scheme well for Gronk to contain him. My concern is Dion Lewis, a guy who is kinda under the radar but he's been tearing it up for the Pats in the backfield. He's very "Darren Sproles" in his game so he's a concern of mine. 

This is going to be a good season. There are 6 AFC spots for the playoffs and from the looks of it the Jets will have a place. I just hope its one of the top 2 spots so we can get a 2nd bye week. 

I believe this team can go 12-4 which is basically 3-1 every month. 

12-4 might not win our division with the way NE is playing.  i think 10 wins gets us a wild card and then anything is possible.

Any team that can stop Ivory, and play bend, but don't break D, and put up points on the scoreboard like the Pats will exploit Fitz so bad it's not even funny.

I've said it before, and I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Beli, and Brady will knock a lot of you Fitz fans way back down to earth, and luckily we don't play that beast D over in Denver no way Fitz even puts up points VS that D.

Again hope I'm wrong, but there will be a lot of guys coming down to earth in the next few weeks. 

3 out of the next 4 games are winnable.

You all arent sweeping the pats. Maybe..just maybe split a game.

I dont even think the jets DLine will be that much of a factor. The bills D, undisciplined but still as talented, if not more talented (depending on who you speak with) than the Jets Dline...sacked Brady only twice.

I can see the jets making the playoffs though. The AFC sucks this year..just alot of bad football all around.

you can already tell what the pats are gonna do against the jets. Make Fitzpatrick beat them w his arm..

Probably not sweeping the Pats.  Our best defensive lineman has yet to play a single snap.  AFC does suck and we very well may make the playoffs. If Ivory and Decker are in it could be insteresting.

Did Miami sweep the Pats the past two seasons? If the answer is "no" then this is a poor comparison based on what the actual discussion is. 

no one sweeps the Pats.  I think washington swept the Giants in 2011, the Giants won the SB and Wash missed the playoffs as usual.

it doesn't matter if we sweep them and don't beat other teams to make the playoffs.

12-4 and sweeping the Pats very well could. 

we have a LONG way to go to start discussing 12-4.  if the QB plays like he has the first 4 weeks against NE we will be 0-2 not 2-0 against them.  enjoy 3-1 for now.

we have won 12 games in a season ONCE in our history, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Rex Ryan would rather sweep Pats than go to playoffs.   Fact!

Of course he would.  That's instant job security right there.  He still somehow has a reputation for beating the Pats even though he's 4-10 against Belichick all-time.  When he gets fired by Buffalo, the Dolphins will take their turn hiring him to see if he can knock off the Patriots for them.

no one sweeps the Pats.  I think washington swept the Giants in 2011, the Giants won the SB and Wash missed the playoffs as usual.

it doesn't matter if we sweep them and don't beat other teams to make the playoffs.

Dont know why you see the need to argue this. The Giants arent the Pats, The Giants arent in the same division or conference as the Pats, the Giants havent dominated their division or conference for 15 years like the Pats, your own example shows that you dont have to be very good (washington) in order to sweep the Giants and the Jets arent the Redskins. It takes a VERY GOOD team to sweep a dominant team. You dont sweep the Pats then lose the rest of your games. You dont have to agree with this, but why do you find the need to argue my opinion? 

Overall you're going off topic in order to make a point irrelevant to the initial statement/topic. The best that I can say to you is..."ok" and move on. 

Dont know why you see the need to argue this. The Giants arent the Pats, The Giants arent in the same division or conference as the Pats, the Giants havent dominated their division or conference for 15 years like the Pats, your own example shows that you dont have to be very good (washington) in order to sweep the Giants and the Jets arent the Redskins. It takes a VERY GOOD team to sweep a dominant team. You dont sweep the Pats then lose the rest of your games. You dont have to agree with this, but why do you find the need to argue my opinion? 

However overall you're going off topic in order to make a point irrelevant to the initial statement/topic. The best that I can say to you is..."ok" and move on. 

the point is it would be great to sweep them, I hope we do but it guarantees nothing and IF we sweep and miss the playoffs or lose to them in the playoffs what will it matter?

your argument is all about hypothetical situations. 

Of course he would.  That's instant job security right there.  He still somehow has a reputation for beating the Pats even though he's 4-10 against Belichick all-time.  When he gets fired by Buffalo, the Dolphins will take their turn hiring him to see if he can knock off the Patriots for them.

rex did a good job against the pats including leading us to the biggest win over them ever.  he had inferior teams in every game and sometimes it was a startling differences but in most of the losses we still had chances late to win and lost close games.

Archived