If Fitz gets hurt or falters, all Jet true fans will be 100% rooting for Geno

SouthernJet

What jet fan wouldn't? It's our Jets. You may not like Fitz/Geno/Petty but whoever is in there, we support and should be thrilled to be 3-1.

if Geno regains job via Fitz stinking/injured, I will  be rooting my arse for Geno for playoffs and beyond hopefully. I can't imagine there is any jet fan worth their salt actually sitting in stands or watching on TV rooting against Fitz so geno can start. That borders on Little D**k syndrome and just wanting to say 'I was right, geno da man (insert sound of pounding chest)'..and vice versa, if Geno starts , anyone rooting against geno, so Fitz/Petty gets job,  would fall into same category. 

Damn, we are 3-1, enjoy it!!!!!!!!

This is the Jets, it could end fast, LOL

Very well stated and I agree 100%.  I root for who ever is wearing the uniform. 

be happy, 3-1 , everyone wants to say something negative here, funny as hell.at 3-1. Support any player wearing green. You can complain, bit on Gameday root like hell for them.. 

Agreed...this is a worthy thread because all the hate being spewed by one side or the other has some claiming others don't want Geno to succeed.  I think Geno has been horrific but if he gets the nod, then I'm a Geno fan.  I wanted Fitz to get a legit shot at the job because I thought he would do exactly what he's doing...he's playing well enough to win. When I see his deep passes come up short, I'm intrigued by the thought of Geno being in there with more talent than he's ever had, but he's made so many of the same mistakes over and over that I have my reservations.  As somebody else said, let's keep winning 3 out of 4 until it's a non-issue.

The only people who root against their own team are those who have an agenda. Those people who feel it is more important to be right on the interweb than it is for their team to win. You know, those who make definitive declarations, and then will go to hell and back to prove to everyone and their mother that their declaration was right, because they have never, ever, and can never, ever, ever be wrong about anything.

As for me, if Geno is in for any reason at all, Go Jets, Go GENO!

I root for my team to win may the best players play and get the job done.

which didnt happen with 'I over love my Vets' Rex...

Allen benched for Ed 'here is the endzone Mr. WR'  Reed .... smh, what a disaster..Allen was playing well and never regained his edge when Rex had no choice but to bench washed up Reed after 6 f'in games

The only people who root against their own team are those who have an agenda. Those people who feel it is more important to be right on the interweb than it is for their team to win. You know, those who make definitive declarations, and then will go to hell and back to prove to everyone and their mother that their declaration was right, because they have never, ever, and can never, ever, ever be wrong about anything.

As for me, if Geno is in for any reason at all, Go Jets, Go GENO!

Have to be honest I think Geno is a terrible QB in many ways and it would really bring me down if he was QBing this team again BUT with that being said if he did come in I would root and hope he could get the job done. Hell I hope he turns into Aaron Rodgers

Have to be honest I think Geno is a terrible QB in many ways and it would really bring me down if he was QBing this team again BUT with that being said if he did come in I would root and hope he could get the job done. Hell I hope he turns into Aaron Rodgers

Oh, I echo your feelings on Geno 1000%, but we both agree we would root for him. I would even point out his good as well as his bad!

which didnt happen with 'I over love my Vets' Rex...

Allen benched for Ed 'here is the endzone Mr. WR'  Reed .... smh, what a disaster..Allen was playing well and never regained his edge when Rex had no choice but to bench washed up Reed after 6 f'in games

We cant control that. 

Whoever lines up behind center....he has my support. This team is off to a pretty amazing start - 3-1 and on pace for 12-4...though with New England twice  and some rough games later on, I'd be elated with ten wins. I think the offense will pick up as timing and familiarity improve. Remember, Fitz had a mid/upper nineties QB rating last season, and is 5-1 in his last six NFL starts, but is capable of playing better. Geno also finished last season strong. Hopefully, he is maturing and learning on the sidelines, ready at all times to come in and contribute if needed, as this team is growing up and coming together. It's not about Geno versus Fitz - it's about unity, togetherness, and the brotherhood of the New York Jets as preached by their commander in chief, Todd Bowles, a guy who who has an understated, yet commanding presence...someone who, in my opinion, has the potential to become a truly special head coach for this organization!

I agree. I talked all types of sh*t against Fitz/Geno in the summer. As soon as the Preseason started I put it to rest. My criticism as of late has been "is Geno worthy of an opportunity over Fitz" but all in all, Its Jets all the way right now no matter who's at the helm.

yup. I'll be critical of both of them when they deserve it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to win.  At the end of the day I'm a Jets fan. 

yup. I'll be critical of both of them when they deserve it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to win.  At the end of the day I'm a Jets fan. 

Right.  If you're not critical of players when they're not playing well, you're not a fan.  You're a sheep.  I'll be critical when called for, but once game time comes, I'm rooting for anyone in the uniform.

What jet fan wouldn't? It's our Jets. You may not like Fitz/Geno/Petty but whoever is in there, we support and should be thrilled to be 3-1.

if Geno regains job via Fitz stinking/injured, I will  be rooting my arse for Geno for playoffs and beyond hopefully. I can't imagine there is any jet fan worth their salt actually sitting in stands or watching on TV rooting against Fitz so geno can start. That borders on Little D**k syndrome and just wanting to say 'I was right, geno da man (insert sound of pounding chest)'..and vice versa, if Geno starts , anyone rooting against geno, so Fitz/Petty gets job,  would fall into same category. 

Damn, we are 3-1, enjoy it!!!!!!!!

This is the Jets, it could end fast, LOL

I root for the laundry, not the people, frankly.

I like it better when I like the people, and think they should be playing.

But I root the laundry almost regardless of who wears wit (with very select exceptions, i.e. Mike Vick for example.

if Geno comes in I'm more excited for game days.  I trust Gaily and how he;d use Geno.  Would he still make some dumb plays?  Of course.  But seeing Devin SMith, Marshall, and Decker with Geno's arm would be exciting.  However, conservative Fitz is winning, so dont rock the boat.  Our C+ game manager wins, and his pea shooter is tolerable.  He losses, its death by 1000 pricks to watch (see Eagles game, 58 passes for 200+ yards...yuck)...but Ill take boring and wins all day...

I call it the Rex hangover. some fans would still rather be right and lose than be wrong and win. i would've taken wins even when vick was back there but remember plenty wanted jets to lose bc of personal feelings against him too. basically boils down to some people never happy. not worth concerning yourself w/them

Archived