Fitz got an insanely high QBR of 91.4 against Miami

Jetsbb

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take a top 15 QB after what we've had at the position for the previous 6 years. Gladly. 

Sad but true....what we've been put through as a fan base over the course of several decades, especially the most recent one, anything better than bottom-5 QB play is a huge relief.

He's not gonna be able to run around like he did every game. If he continues on that trend Geno will be in there & Fitzy will be on injured reserve. Love the moxie and the fact that Gaileys spread offense opens lanes but Fitz ain't no runner.

He's not gonna be able to run around like he did every game. If he continues on that trend Geno will be in there & Fitzy will be on injured reserve. Love the moxie and the fact that Gaileys spread offense opens lanes but Fitz ain't no runner.

Actually he has had the ability to run when needed his entire career.  He's averaged 220 yards rushing per season the last 7 years, with a high of 304 in 2008 in Cincy and 184 in 12 games last season.  By comparison, Geno rushed for 366 yards his rookie year then 238 yards last year in 14 games.  Mark Sanchez never rushed for more than 106 yards in a season.

I'd be fine with him running as long as he slides more.  But to say he isn't a runner is simply untrue. 

Hes been consistantly getting our playmakers the ball.  Marshall and decker are having great season with fitz.

hes also has avoided back breaking turnovers and is not coating us games.

until petty is ready, this guy has been great for us.

Yep, most of his INTs have been downfield as opposed to getting pick sixed by linebackers on short dump offs. Both Sanchez and Geno were excellent at the Pick-6 play.

Sad, but I'm okay with mediocre QB play until a better opportunity presents itself.

Remember-Trent dilfer won a Super Bowl. So anything is possible

Trent was far better than Fitz, Trent had played in postseason before.  he was perfect for that great D in Bal, he limited TOs(something Fitz does not do) and made big plays.  he was vital to that run.  Fitz is NOT Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Eli Manning or any other mediocre QB that has won a  SB w/ great defense.

Yep, most of his INTs have been downfield as opposed to getting pick sixed by linebackers on short dump offs. Both Sanchez and Geno were excellent at the Pick-6 play.

Sad, but I'm okay with mediocre QB play until a better opportunity presents itself.

Not only that, but a lot of them were balls where the WR could have made a play on them, or tipped the ball. In other words, Fitz isn't just throwing the ball directly to a defender. He's throwing to our WRs and if it's an INT, more often than not, the defender had to make a good play on it. No gifts.

He was about the same rank last year before getting hurt. He's playing exactly how I expected. Some good, some bad, not killing us.

he's been hurting us most of the year, b/c we have won doesn't change that.  we were +4 midway through the 4th at Indy and led just 10-7.  he missed a million plays vs. philly that would have changed that game, last week we dominated Miami yet w/ plenty of time to play Miami had a 1st and G from our 2.  we have won and should be thankful for that but let's be honest- the QB has struggled and we haven't played any good teams yet.  he has to play A LOT better if we are going to be a playoff team.

Fitz puts up good stats:  "Throw all numbers out, can't be trusted."

Fitz helps the Jets to a 3-1 start:  "A good QB like Geno Smith would have us 4-0".

This is beyond comical.

watch the games, if you think we can beat good teams w/ the way Fitz has played then have fun w/ that.

I didn't say we would be 4-0 w/ Geno, someone said we'd be 1-3.  I said there's a better chance are 4-0 than 1-3.  QB play has been way down on the list of reasons why we are 3-1.  the QB was a major reason for our only loss and kept Indy and Miami in games that should been major blowouts.

Not only that, but a lot of them were balls where the WR could have made a play on them, or tipped the ball. In other words, Fitz isn't just throwing the ball directly to a defender. He's throwing to our WRs and if it's an INT, more often than not, the defender had to make a good play on it. No gifts.

No gifts? he's been throwing it up for grabs, he's lucky he doesn't have 4-5 more INts.

he's been hurting us most of the year, b/c we have won doesn't change that.  we were +4 midway through the 4th at Indy and led just 10-7.  he missed a million plays vs. philly that would have changed that game, last week we dominated Miami yet w/ plenty of time to play Miami had a 1st and G from our 2.  we have won and should be thankful for that but let's be honest- the QB has struggled and we haven't played any good teams yet.  he has to play A LOT better if we are going to be a playoff team.

This is the funny part... Nobody is saying he doesn't need to play better. 

Some people just believe that as the team gels, they will all get better. While Geno is a lost cause, so reverting to him solves nothing.

No gifts? he's been throwing it up for grabs, he's lucky he doesn't have 4-5 more INts.

This is not really fair. He has two ints on the stat sheet that should definitely not be int's. The one that went through Marshalls hands was terrible, and one was as bad a PI as you can have that was not called. At least be objective.

This is the funny part... Nobody is saying he doesn't need to play better. 

Some people just believe that as the team gels, they will all get better. While Geno is a lost cause, so reverting to him solves nothing.

I am not saying change to geno but why is geno a lost cause? has Geno ever played w/ talent like this and an OC like Gailey?  Fitz has limitations w/ his arm that will only get bigger as the weather gets colder and windier.

This is not really fair. He has two ints on the stat sheet that should definitely not be int's. The one that went through Marshalls hands was terrible, and one was as bad a PI as you can have that was not called. At least be objective.

the Marshall one should have been caught but it wasn't a great throw either.  the non PI was another ball thrown up for grabs, PI should have been called but when you do that both players have equal opportunity to catch it.  he has also been saved numerous times on terrible throws w/ great catches and knocking away INTs.

u take that? Then clearly u didn't watch the Miami game. His performance tells a different story than his numbers.

Fitz had about an 8 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter where he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his passes.   It coincided with a pretty big hit on one of his scrambles / head first dives so it's possible he was banged up.  

it's cute that u like to pump ur chest around here , policing threads and whatnot. But behind that JN elder statesman costume u wear I thought that on rare occasions that u actually talked football that u had some knowledge. But this tells me that u quite possibly don't even watch the games. 

Before in my mind u were a jerk with substance. Now u don't even have that. 

True, we def know what that looks like...

obviously. 

All I'm saying is F the ratings. He isn't good. Yes all we got. But not good. 

lol never said good.  Average at best.  He is what he is, he isn't changing, but he's the best we've got.  How many threads do people feel the need to do battle over a QB situation that isn't changing?

Fitz had about an 8 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter where he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his passes.   It coincided with a pretty big hit on one of his scrambles / head first dives so it's possible he was banged up.  

that's possible but even on the first big play to Marshall he underthrew him and needed Marshall to make a great catch.

obviously. 

All I'm saying is F the ratings. He isn't good. Yes all we got. But not good.

cmon man, he isnt great but he is competant and believe it or not, the other 10 guys in the huddle tend to feed off a QB that knows what the **** he is doing... Give the guy a bit of credit...

Archived