Fitz got an insanely high QBR of 91.4 against Miami

Jetsbb

keep in mind you're talking to a guy who grew a beard so he could look more like Fitzpatrick 

I grew a beard during the playoff runs with Rex too. 

It wasn't as impressive, but it was still a rally beard... and that's really all I was getting at with that thread to kick the season off too.

:)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was a top 10ish QB in 2010, we won 11 games w/ him, went back to the title game.  had 5 4th qtr comebacks including one in WC game. 

Yes, if Fitz does that I will say he is as good as Mark.

I don't look at ratings, I look at what the players are actually doing when it matters most.

Except winning.

I didn't say you hated him. In your response to me, you blabbered about how people "hate Geno" and I wanted to clarify that your blabbering didn't apply to me.

My consolation prize has been watching you rationalize your Dorothy Zbornak nature for 4 days.

Uh-huh. It's a football team. I am a fan of the football team. I am allowed to be critical of the QB when he's made terrible plays. Believe it or not, one can do this and still be happy when they win despite these occurrences.

Beyond that, I can again offer hugs to break through what seems to be a reflexive instinct to personally insult those with whom you disagree. It shows (what appears to be) tremendous personal insecurity. So you clearly need hugs. I will be the first to offer these hugs to you, with the hope it will turn you into a much nicer person. I can't promise anyone else will make this offer, but I will do my part to solicit them.

Is anyone else willing to hug Dr. Zaius?

Uh-huh. It's a football team. I am a fan of the football team. I am allowed to be critical of the QB when he's made terrible plays. Believe it or not, one can do this and still be happy when they win despite these occurrences.

Beyond that, I can again offer hugs to break through what seems to be a reflexive instinct to personally insult those with whom you disagree. It shows (what appears to be) tremendous personal insecurity. So you clearly need hugs. I will be the first to offer these hugs to you, with the hope it will turn you into a much nicer person. I can't promise anyone else will make this offer, but I will do my part to solicit them.

Is anyone else willing to hug Dr. Zaius?

So, you've gotten to that point where your responses have nothing to do with what you're responding to.

I appreciate the irony of you suggesting I'm making things personal, while you shift this away from Geno/Fitz, and towards "Ape isn't a nice person" and "what my problems are"... effectively, making it personal. So, to take you seriously for a moment I'll bite... who am I personally insulting? 

People call each other dumb and gay here all day long. All day. 

I used the term "chuckleheads" to describe a collection of people who are zig-zagging their way through logical fallacies. It's not a particularly harsh, or personal insult. Certainly not as derogatory as calling people faggot or retarded or "mother****ing a$$hole" which I believe I was called the other day. I think I said someone was too "dim" to argue with the other day, which was a dooshy way for me to walk away from conflict, but it wasn't particularly "personal".

Meanwhile, people absolutely tee off on me with what are actual personal attacks... so indulge me, tell me who I am personally insulting and explain to me how it's any different than the 2,000 times a day that other people insult each other here. 

Or you could just admit that the joke about you blabbering like the grouchy Golden Girl made you laugh.

So, you've gotten to that point where your responses have nothing to do with what you're responding to.

I appreciate the irony of you suggesting I'm making things personal, while you shift this away from Geno/Fitz, and towards "Ape isn't a nice person" and "what my problems are"... effectively, making it personal. So, to take you seriously for a moment I'll bite... who am I personally insulting? 

People call each other dumb and gay here all day long. All day. 

I used the term "chuckleheads" to describe a collection of people who are zig-zagging their way through logical fallacies. It's not a particularly harsh, or personal insult. Certainly not as derogatory as calling people faggot or retarded or "mother****ing a$$hole" which I believe I was called the other day. I think I said someone was too "dim" to argue with the other day, which was a dooshy way for me to walk away from conflict, but it wasn't particularly "personal".

Meanwhile, people absolutely tee off on me with what are actual personal attacks... so indulge me, tell me who I am personally insulting and explain to me how it's any different than the 2,000 times a day that other people insult each other here. 

Or you could just admit that the joke about you blabbering like the grouchy Golden Girl made you laugh.

internet-hugs-smiley-cartoon-image.jpg

You know exactly what you meant when you said ghetto child. Grow up. You had no reason to use that term except your own hatred. It wasnt necessary to use that phrase but you couldnt help it and now you want to spin it into something else because youve been called out.

I think th hatred was toward geno.

I don't hate Geno. I hate losing. 

We acquired Fitz from a team that only had Hoyer and Mallett as alternatives, for a 7th round pick. I don't think we have to establish that he's a "bad QB".

I saw your posts in the game thread, and you were boorish and killing my buzz... I know what the guy is, I don't need someone telling me every 10 seconds. Not when things are going alright. You weren't the only one. What I see is the Jets plugging in a bad QB and getting good results. I'm a results-driven guy. I don't care if we win ugly, as long as we win. We don't have a top 10 QB. I don't expect Fitz to cash-in on every opportunity like a top 10 QB, therefore I don't need to experience us winning a game, with constant reminders that Fitz isn't a top 10 QB. It's a given. 

People who incessantly point out the givens, in the dynamics of the work I do, are the people that slow down and drag down the project team.

I'm not going to spend every ******* Sunday fretting over the non-interceptions that could have happened but didn't. If/when Fitz starts dumping games, then I'll worry. As of right now, we've been pretty damn good. I think we got out-coached in the first half vs. the Eagles, which is concerning, but I liked how we fought back in the 2nd half. I think with more reps together, situations like that end better for us too. Gotta remember the first quarter of the season is usually sloppy... I'm hopeful that what we've seen of Fitz with this supporting cast is the floor.

To quote the great Teddy R, complaining without proposing a solution is whining. This either makes this cat the biggest whiner on the boards, or the biggest Geno supporter on the boards. Or maybe just a combo of both. Thing is, he always like to straddle both sides, so that he can't be called out for being wrong on the interwebs. That is very important to him. So he will say bad things about Geno, just in case Geno comes in and is, Geno, he cant be proven wrong. His shtick is lame, but his stick is big around these parts, and he uses it.

Except winning.

it's all about winning and we are winning now so I am ok w/ Fitz BUT we haven't played a good team yet and we have struggled to put teams away thanks to Fitz.  when we play better teams he will have to elevate his game but his arm is only going to weaken as the season moves along and the weather gets tougher.

it's all about winning and we are winning now so I am ok w/ Fitz BUT we haven't played a good team yet and we have struggled to put teams away thanks to Fitz.  when we play better teams he will have to elevate his game but his arm is only going to weaken as the season moves along and the weather gets tougher.

The bold is obvious and not lost on anyone. It took you guys the better part of the week to point out the obvious.

There's actually no evidence to prove his arm strength will weaken as the season goes on. Perhaps as his leg strengthens, you know the one he broke, then his lower body strength and core will get better thus putting more velocity and accuracy on the ball. Throwing is about mechanics, not just arm strength. It's reasonable to wonder if Fitz isn't at full strength yet, given that he hadn't actually been practicing long before taking over as starter. The weather becomes a challenge for all QBs, this is also obvious.

To quote the great Teddy R, complaining without proposing a solution is whining. This either makes this cat the biggest whiner on the boards, or the biggest Geno supporter on the boards. Or maybe just a combo of both. Thing is, he always like to straddle both sides, so that he can't be called out for being wrong on the interwebs. That is very important to him. So he will say bad things about Geno, just in case Geno comes in and is, Geno, he cant be proven wrong. His shtick is lame, but his stick is big around these parts, and he uses it.

I've known Sperm a long time. I know his schtick, and have no problems with it. I don't need to take shots at him.

If ever he and I are actually in conflict that he's not treating as sport, the way I do, then he can PM me. I'm pretty sure he knows that about me.

The bold is obvious and not lost on anyone. It took you guys the better part of the week to point out the obvious.

There's actually no evidence to prove his arm strength will weaken as the season goes on. Perhaps as his leg strengthens, you know the one he broke, then his lower body strength and core will get better thus putting more velocity and accuracy on the ball. Throwing is about mechanics, not just arm strength. It's reasonable to wonder if Fitz isn't at full strength yet, given that he hadn't actually been practicing long before taking over as starter. The weather becomes a challenge for all QBs, this is also obvious.

I have been talking about that for a while now actually.

most QBs lose something later in seasons from all the throws and the weather making it tougher.  Fitz doesn't have an arm to begin w/ and has a history of struggling in 2nd halves.  is that a result of a diminishing arm late in the season?  I don't know the answer but it's a possibility.

Throwing is almost least about the arm itself, I fully understand that but I watch the guy get everything he as into throws and still comes up short.  I don't see how that will improve as the weather turns nasty later in the year.

I've known Sperm a long time. I know his schtick, and have no problems with it. I don't need to take shots at him.

If ever he and I are actually in conflict that he's not treating as sport, the way I do, then he can PM me. I'm pretty sure he knows that about me.

Cool, so his offering of hugs was sincere, I guess I don't know the history then, hopefully he PM's you and you two can work it out.

Cool, so his offering of hugs was sincere, I guess I don't know the history then, hopefully he PM's you and you two can work it out.

There's nothing to work out.

The hugs offer was sort of like the "why u mad" move of internet ball breaking.

Some people think of it as conflict, but for me I think of it more like beach volleyball... we've all got our shirts off, and while we may score a couple of spikes and/or blocks against each other, in the end we all get to splash around in the waves together.

did it? probably, everything goes over my head, I am really, really short.

Yes.

You said Sperm has a big stick, 80 suggested you knew from personal experience... in other words, you've taken Sperms big stick to the face.

There's nothing to work out.

The hugs offer was sort of like the "why u mad" move of internet ball breaking.

Some people think of it as conflict, but for me I think of it more like beach volleyball... we've all got our shirts off, and while we may score a couple of spikes and/or blocks against each other, in the end we all get to splash around in the waves together.

cool, its all good in da hood

Archived