The Jets at 3-1 all time

nyjunc

Rivers is the most overrated QB in the game, SD tends to choke b/c of that overrated QB.  SD should have multiple SBs in the past decade.

My god you are clueless when it comes to QB's.  Rivers has not missed a game in 10 years has a career 65% comp rating and a 96 QBR, 260 tds to 129 ints.  You are beyond hope regarding QB's and should be banned from ever even talking about them again.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My god you are clueless when it comes to QB's.  Rivers has not missed a game in 10 years has a career 65% comp rating and a 96 QBR, 260 tds to 129 ints.  You are beyond hope regarding QB's and should be banned from ever even talking about them again.

hahaha, I love guys spouting blind #s telling me I am clueless.  you have no idea what you are watching, you simply look at 3s and don't watch these guys play.  He has had top notch talent around him most of his career and the lone title game the man ever played in came after he got hurt in the div rd and his backup led the team to the GW TD but man he is a great fantasy QB!

Don't care.  Nit-picking a 2-time Super Bowl champion while propping up sub-.500 coach will always result in you being on the losing side of the argument.  Had Parcells been a total failure at multiple stops you'd have a point.  But he wasn't.  Herm and Mangini were failures at 2 stops as HC's and never got another chance.  Rex has been a failure at one stop and so far signs are pointing towards him failing in Buffalo. 

None of those 3 are anywhere close to Parcells' level.  Of those 3, some prefer Mangini (which you likely refuse to understand/accept) because he was the only one of the 3 who inherited a bad team.  The post-Herm Jets were a mess, after Herm (and Bradway) ruined what Parcells handed off.  Mangini gave Rex a 9-7 team.  They all suck and had fatal flaws, so it doesn't really matter.  Herm and Rex were clowns, Mangini was too much of a hardass. 

It goes Weeb, Parcells, then a bunch of losers when it come to the history of Jets HC's.

Herm was a big success here and led KC to a rare playoff app before they tore it down.

Mangini had some success here.

Weeb is #1, Rex #2, Parcells #3 on our list.  as far as best pure coaches I would put BP 1 and weeb a close 2nd.

I think the Tuna and Joe Gibbs did the best without top flight QB's however Hoss wasn't a bad QB and neither was Simms,Bledsoe or Vinny..And Vinny made the pro Bowl with the Ravens in 1996 throwing 33 tds and they were a bad 4-12 team in 96..

Bledsoe was top 3 in every pass related statistic the year they went to the SB.  He was the best QB in the AFC those years under Parcells. 

I think he had 2 of those hail mary type INts that season, that was the best season by a Jets QB in our history.  I think if we finished off that season and won the SB Vinny would be a HOFer b/c of the #s he compiled in his career.

Well in the AFCCG the compiler did compile 14 yds rushing..LOL  But even though Vinny has compiled more td's and yds then Montana that doesn't make him HOF worthy..

Well in the AFCCG the compiler did compile 14 yds rushing..LOL  But even though Vinny has compiled more td's and yds then Montana that doesn't make him HOF worthy..

it doesn't but w/ a SB win(and QBs usually win MVP) w/ his #s I think he could have made it.  I am not saying I agree, there are a million guys that don't belong in but I think he would have had a shot.

Bledsoe was top 3 in every pass related statistic the year they went to the SB.  He was the best QB in the AFC those years under Parcells. 

No he wasn't, Curtis carried that O to the SB that year.  Bledsoe was always incredibly overrated.

Herm was a big success here and led KC to a rare playoff app before they tore it down.

Mangini had some success here.

Weeb is #1, Rex #2, Parcells #3 on our list.  as far as best pure coaches I would put BP 1 and weeb a close 2nd.

Herm drove the team that the Tuna built.. He was left 2 QB's Vinny and Chad plus the other 3 1st rd picks from 2000.. And Mangini had Chad and Favre but never won a playoff game..

No he wasn't, Curtis carried that O to the SB that year.  Bledsoe was always incredibly overrated.

In 1996 Adrian Murrell outrushed Martin on less carries and he was on a 1-15 Jet team.. In 96 Martin avg 3.6 ypc when a Jet back does that fans say he sucks..LOL

Herm drove the team that the Tuna built.. He was left 2 QB's Vinny and Chad plus the other 3 1st rd picks from 2000.. And Mangini had Chad and Favre but never won a playoff game..

so what? and BP won w/ the team that Steinberg/Kotite built.

Herm was left an old and injured Vinny, he did have the Groh draft from 2000 but most of the picks from 1997-1999 were awful. 

In 1996 Adrian Murrell outrushed Martin on less carries and he was on a 1-15 Jet team.. In 96 Martin avg 3.6 ypc when a Jet back does that fans say he sucks..LOL

Murrell was running in garbage time, Martin for a contender.  In the playoffs Bledsoe was awful, Curtis carried that O to the SB. 

This is pure make-believe. 

The team Mangini inherited was 10-6 the year before Herm was fired. In Herm's last season, Brooks Bollinger started 11 games. Conversely, Mangini handed over crap. A team that was 4-12 the year before he was fired, and only performed better than that because of one mercenary season from Brett Favre. Without Favre, Mangini is relegated to Kotite/Holtz status. He was horrendous. Rex not only didn't inherit Brett Favre, but he inherited a Brett Favre-less team that had to do some serious roster trimming to fit Favre under the cap the year before. So basically a gutted version of Mangini's 4-12 squad. 

I'll agree with you because I see no point to discussing further which of our 3 loser coaches was best.

When your losing you don't run you pass..When a team is winning you run to take time off the clock..

we couldn't pass and in order to not lose by 50 we'd run.

I love Murrell, he wasn't anywhere near as good as Curtis Martin and his #s got skewed a bit b/c of that one great game at Arizona.  w/o that game his YPC drops to below 3.9

at Denver we got blown out: 17-94

vs. oak we got blown out: 20-102

at Buf blowut: 19-103

etc...

In one score games he ran it 133-448, 3.4 YPC

In one score games Curtis ran it 133-546, 4.1 YPC

In postseason he ran it 49-267, 5.5 YPC

we couldn't pass and in order to not lose by 50 we'd run.

I love Murrell, he wasn't anywhere near as good as Curtis Martin and his #s got skewed a bit b/c of that one great game at Arizona.  w/o that game his YPC drops to below 3.9

at Denver we got blown out: 17-94

vs. oak we got blown out: 20-102

at Buf blowut: 19-103

etc...

In one score games he ran it 133-448, 3.4 YPC

In one score games Curtis ran it 133-546, 4.1 YPC

In postseason he ran it 49-267, 5.5 YPC

I have never said Murrell was in Martins league talent wise.. My whole deal with Cumar who I always thought was a very good durable back, was not about him but the Martinette's like yourself that always had a ready excuse whenever he didn't play well.. Although to be fair the biggest Martinette of all was his old college coach Paul "3rd and long" Hackett.. In Martins first 6 years in the league he was under 4 ypc half the time.. Once Hackett became OC he was never under 4 ypc again until Hackett was fired.. Calling plays that help a back compile was a huge help because without Hackett there would be no HOF for the compiler..

I have never said Murrell was in Martins league talent wise.. My whole deal with Cumar who I always thought was a very good durable back, was not about him but the Martinette's like yourself that always had a ready excuse whenever he didn't play well.. Although to be fair the biggest Martinette of all was his old college coach Paul "3rd and long" Hackett.. In Martins first 6 years in the league he was under 4 ypc half the time.. Once Hackett became OC he was never under 4 ypc again until Hackett was fired.. Calling plays that help a back compile was a huge help because without Hackett there would be no HOF for the compiler..

the only excuse I have ever offered was he was playing hurt in 1998, you could clearly see he lacked his usual burst but he played through it and had a subpar season.  he still helped our pass game as D's still had to account for him.

Curtis is one of the best all time Jets, probably only after Klecko and Maynard(non OL).  was he Jim Brown? of course not but he's a worthy HOfer and helped us win a lot of games.

the only excuse I have ever offered was he was playing hurt in 1998, you could clearly see he lacked his usual burst but he played through it and had a subpar season.  he still helped our pass game as D's still had to account for him.

Curtis is one of the best all time Jets, probably only after Klecko and Maynard skill position wise.  was he Jim Brown? of course not but he's a worthy HOfer and helped us win a lot of games.

You don't give a back that's hurt 369 carries period.. That is the type of excuse that used to drive me crazy I'm so happy he's long gone.. Give me a Chris Ivory type over the compiler any day of the week..

You don't give a back that's hurt 369 carries period.. That is the type of excuse that used to drive me crazy I'm so happy he's long gone.. Give me a Chris Ivory type over the compiler any day of the week..

keep in mind we led a lot of games and were running out the clock.

we did not have a good OL in terms of run blocking, they were excellent in pass pro.  Curtis was a key player that year despite his low YPC.

I love Ivory, he's not Curtis Martin.

keep in mind we led a lot of games and were running out the clock.

we did not have a good OL in terms of run blocking, they were excellent in pass pro.  Curtis was a key player that year despite his low YPC.

I love Ivory, he's not Curtis Martin.

In 1997 Murrell had 7 td's and over 1,000 yds on 300 carries.. In 98 the Jets added Kevin Mawae and Folly and had great QB play from Vinny yet as a Martinette will, blames the O-line for Cumars 3.5 ypc.. You can't make this stuff up..:rolleyes:

In 1997 Murrell had 7 td's and over 1,000 yds on 300 carries.. In 98 the Jets added Kevin Mawae and Folly and had great QB play from Vinny yet as a Martinette will, blames the O-line for Cumars 3.5 ypc.. You can't make this stuff up..:rolleyes:

I don't blame the OL but it was not a great run blocking line.  I told you he was hurting.  In 1999 w/ no QBs he averaged 4 YPC

you do know Murrell averaged 3.6 YPC in 1997, right? in AZ in 1998 he averaged 3.8 w/ 8 TDs.

I don't blame the OL but it was not a great run blocking line.  I told you he was hurting.  In 1999 w/ no QBs he averaged 4 YPC

you do know Murrell averaged 3.6 YPC in 1997, right? in AZ in 1998 he averaged 3.8 w/ 8 TDs.

In 1997 there was no Mawae or Folly on the line or Vinny at QB.. Look lets agree your a Martinette apologist and that fine even though before coming to the Jets he said they were a bottom of the barrel NFL team that he would never want to play for.. http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/07/curtis_martin_never_liked_foot.html

In 1997 there was no Mawae or Folly on the line or Vinny at QB.. Look lets agree your a Martinette apologist and that fine even though before coming to the Jets he said they were a bottom of the barrel NFL team that he would never want to play for.. http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/07/curtis_martin_never_liked_foot.html

who is Folly?  in 1998 they had Todd Burger who wasn't good.

I am pretty sure most players thought poorly of us before playing here especially in that era.  we hadn't won a playoff game since 1986, we had one playoff app from 1987-1997.  did you expect people to think highly of us?

who is Folly?  in 1998 they had Todd Burger who wasn't good.

I am pretty sure most players thought poorly of us before playing here especially in that era.  we hadn't won a playoff game since 1986, we had one playoff app from 1987-1997.  did you expect people to think highly of us?

My bad I meant Fabini..LOL Hey on Fin haven they were talking about a nyjunc was that you on that site??

No he wasnt what?  

Stats are stats brother, and Bledsoe was statically the best QB in the AFC that season.  Overrated or not, facts are facts.

No he wasnt what?  

Stats are stats brother, and Bledsoe was statically the best QB in the AFC that season.  Overrated or not, facts are facts.

He doesn't believe in stats.  Also, one would assume, he doesn't believe in doctors or banks.  Also, UNC was completely innocent of any wrong-doing in the biggest academic fraud case in NCAA history.

He doesn't believe in stats.  Also, one would assume, he doesn't believe in doctors or banks.  Also, UNC was completely innocent of any wrong-doing in the biggest academic fraud case in NCAA history.

show me the facts in the UNC case?  stop w/ your jealousy.

stats are useful, stats tell part of the story.  if a guy puts up good #s and never comes through late in games what do they matter? if a guy throws 2 TDs down 30-7 in the 4th and you lose 30-21 what does that mean?  stats are more about how accumulated than the accumulations.

Archived