The Jets at 3-1 all time

nyjunc

stats tell part of the story, at no point was Drew a top QB. 

He was #1 in pass attempts, completions, 3rd in yards and TD's (but that was good for #1 in the AFC)  They won 11 games and went to the SB.  

He was the best QB in the AFC that season.  Hands down. No contest. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was #1 in pass attempts, completions, 3rd in yards and TD's (but that was good for #1 in the AFC)  They won 11 games and went to the SB.  

He was the best QB in the AFC that season.  Hands down. No contest. 

Brunell took a 2nd yr expansion team and made it to the title game.  Know what Drew did in that postseason?

164 yds w/ 1 TD and 2 INts vs. Pitt

178 yds on 33 attempts w/ 0 TDs and 1 INT vs. Jax

FOUR INTs in a close SB game that ended NE's chances

but he was awesome b/c he compiled some decent #s!

Brunell took a 2nd yr expansion team and made it to the title game.  Know what Drew did in that postseason?

164 yds w/ 1 TD and 2 INts vs. Pitt

178 yds on 33 attempts w/ 0 TDs and 1 INT vs. Jax

FOUR INTs in a close SB game that ended NE's chances

but he was awesome b/c he compiled some decent #s!

Tell me about what Brunell did in the playoffs and how his season ended...

Tell me about what Brunell did in the playoffs and how his season ended...

he played as well as Bledsoe did that day on the road, unfortunately for him his Defense didn't score a TD.

Brunell also led them to the biggest upset of that postseason, a team that would have crushed NE if they met in the title game.  in no postseason game was Bledsoe a factor in a positive way.

Bledsoe came in after Brady hit a long pass for a 1st down in Pitt territory.  they scored a TD on that drive, the rest of the game he led the O to 3 points.

In 2000 w/ Bledsoe NE was 5-11

In 2001 w/ Bledsoe they started 0-2

Brady takes over and they go 11-3 en rote to the SB title but yeah Bledsoe was great.

all this looking forward makes me nervous

the Jets historically play poorly when they are considered contenders. 

Many are looking forward to NE (cheaters) in three weeks, when really, they have to beat a Skins team that just beat an Eagles team, that beat the Jets. 

They haven't played Rex yet, and he knows where all the bodies are buried. They have to play AT Oakland which is traditionally a nightmare and AT Dallas when Romo (and Dez) are back. 

All of this adds up to .500 the rest of the way and 9-7 is looking like best case. Sorry but I wouldn't bet money on this team winning 10 games. 

What dime store do you purchase your superstitions at? It seems to me the Jets play even more poorly when they are not considered contenders. :)

It's not a superstition it's history. 

In my lifetime('81-current) we have had real expectations a bunch of times:

'82: made title game

'83: 7-9

'86: lost div rd

'87: 6-9-1

'92: 4-12

'99: 8-8

'02: div champs

'03: 6-10

'05: 4-12

'10: made title game

'11: 8-8

it's been a mixed bag w/ expectations.

we should beat Oak, jax and Wash but none of those teams are bad teams and they can all spring the upset if we play like we did vs. philly.

With the Jets I have learned NEVER to count any team as a win. I made that mistake against Philly and look what happened. I am just enjoying the ride the if it ends with a playoff spot it will just extend the ride. 

With the Jets I have learned NEVER to count any team as a win. I made that mistake against Philly and look what happened. I am just enjoying the ride the if it ends with a playoff spot it will just extend the ride. 

things change so fast in this league you never know.  let's just beat Washington.

That's true with any team otherwise the 10-6 and 9-7 Giants don't beat the 16-0,13-3 Pats in 2 bowls..

It's not a superstition it's history. 

LOL. I noticed that whenever I touch my big toe with my pinky finger three times, there's a traffic jam on I-95. Next you're going to tell us that teams that are desperate usually win. Or that team x, who we are going to play, lost last week, so they are a trap this week. Or that our historical record against team A is 3-9, so the odds are against us winning our next game against them, even though the team has changed, coaches have changed, and 8 of those losses occurred more than 10 years ago. Superstition always feels right to the superstitious. It's right up there with fact. Even though it's superstition.

LOL. I noticed that whenever I touch my big toe with my pinky finger three times, there's a traffic jam on I-95. Next you're going to tell us that teams that are desperate usually win. Or that team x, who we are going to play, lost last week, so they are a trap this week. Or that our historical record against team A is 3-9, so the odds are against us winning our next game against them, even though the team has changed, coaches have changed, and 8 of those losses occurred more than 10 years ago. Superstition always feels right to the superstitious. It's right up there with fact. Even though it's superstition.

well we have never beaten the eagles no matter who is in the uniforms for both teams.

You, and the fans of just about every other team in the league. And there is even more parity now than a few years ago.

In my lifetime('81-current) we have had real expectations a bunch of times:

'82: made title game

'83: 7-9

'86: lost div rd

'87: 6-9-1

'92: 4-12

'99: 8-8

'02: div champs

'03: 6-10

'05: 4-12

'10: made title game

'11: 8-8

it's been a mixed bag w/ expectations.

Ok so out of all the times the Jets were expected to be good in the last 3 decades, they only delivered on a playoff birth 4 out of 12 times.  to call that a mixed bag is putting it gently. 

You, and the fans of just about every other team in the league. And there is even more parity now than a few years ago.

True look at the roll the Steelers were on last year and then lose to the 1-8 Jets plus the Pats just got by with wins over the Jets last year by a total of 3 points..

Ok so out of all the times the Jets were expected to be good in the last 3 decades, they only delivered on a playoff birth 4 out of 12 times.  to call that a mixed bag is putting it gently. 

there were 11 times and in some of the years we had some huge injuries that killed us.

all im getting out of this line of argument is you'd have to be a fool to believe in this team

Why? And what do you mean by "believing" the this team? Being optimistic that they can compete? Believing that they have good odds to be in SB? You seem to be obsessed with statistics that are frankly irrelevant. To paraphrase the old adage: Past performance of a different team in a different generation does not guarantee future results. The fact that Jets lost to the Oakland Raiders in 1974, 1978, and 1992 does not persuade me that the current Jets should be underdogs to the current Raiders. I'm not at all understanding why that shouldn't be patently obvious.

Archived