Tannenbaum

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

he had a good run but it was time for a change. After watching last week's jets/bills games Bowles is a breath of fresh air. As for idzik I'm just glad he was able to turn Revis  into Richardson and leave us enough cap space to bring him back this year

He not only left enough for Revis but 3 more DB's as well as other needed positions..

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't disagree that it was time for a change but rex's teams are being bashed for penalties but we are getting a million too.  it's what aggressive teams do.

when Herm was the head coach we had the least penalties in the NFL does anyone want to go back to that soft D?

when Herm was the head coach we had the least penalties in the NFL does anyone want to go back to that soft D?

I am not saying Herm was the greatest but he was a solid coach, unlike many here I do not trash former Jets as soon as they leave, I am a reality junkie

I am not saying Herm was the greatest but he was a solid coach, unlike many here I do not trash former Jets as soon as they leave, I am a reality junkie

I liked Herm, wasn't great but did a good job for us but his teams were very conservative and a big reason why they were always near the top for fewest penalties.  We were much more aggressive under rex and now Bowles and penalties come w/ that aggression.

I liked Herm, wasn't great but did a good job for us but his teams were very conservative and a big reason why they were always near the top for fewest penalties.  We were much more aggressive under rex and now Bowles and penalties come w/ that aggression.

sweet merciful crap

post 2010 we started taking away talent from him to work with.  3 of his top 5 weapons to enter 2011 were out of football in 2012.  In 2012 Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates and Stephen hill were his main weapons.

In philly last year he was very good, they averaged almost 30PPG w/ him as QB.  think they would like that production now?

No one is saying mark was great, tannebaum great,etc...  mistakes were made but to treat mark like Bubby Brister and Rex & tannebaum like Kotite and Dick Steinberg isn't fair.

was it not tannenbaum who put these rosters together? the truth is tannenbaum tried to go all-in to win now...failed, and then the team had cap problems and was void of talent. he was a sh*t gm and i 100% hope he ruins the dophins too

was it not tannenbaum who put these rosters together? the truth is tannenbaum tried to go all-in to win now...failed, and then the team had cap problems and was void of talent. he was a sh*t gm and i 100% hope he ruins the dophins too

he put together that 2012 roster and deserves blame and bashing for it but he didn't deserve to be fired.

He hated Sanchez so much.. What tattoo number did he have again??

rex-ryan-tattoo-Meet_The_Matts-350x243.j

Umm, I never said anything remotely close to Rex does like Sanchez. I think he just likes himself a whole lot better, and if it comes to keeping/getting some help for "the" developing QB, or beefing up "his" defense, "his" defense will and did win

No Herm was horrible.  Nice guy and I like him but he is not an NFL Head Coach.  I do think he would be successful in college because that's all about recruiting however.

Idzik could have been worse. He could have made a slightly better pick here or there. Just enough to persuade Woody to keep him on.

If Idzik signs Revis and Desean Jackson in 2014 offseason he probably is still the gm.  And I hate Idzik but those two moves probably save him and Rex.

Rex wanted Sanchez to win the job in 2013, he put him in to show up Idzik after geno was awful against NYG in the 1st half.  Geno was being forced on him.

When Rex pulled the plug on Sanchez the end of 2012, Sanchezs starting days with the Jets were over.  

When Rex pulled the plug on Sanchez the end of 2012, Sanchezs starting days with the Jets were over.  

I think it was his own play on the field (the last straw being when he blew the Titans game by committing 3 turnovers on 3 consecutive possessions to end the game), on top of his general body of work before that, is what set the stage for his starting days here to end (Idzik drafting someone else). It didn't end it, but it did set the stage for Idzik to bring in someone else. Don't forget, Sanchez was guaranteed starter money for the 2013 season and, despite the earlier benching, he still started the last game of the season. To Ryan, Sanchez was Mr. "gives us the best chance to win." A lot of it was ego; he had to be right. And hell, he just liked Sanchez. In a lot of ways, they were cut from the same cloth. I honestly don't know who would have been the opening day starter if Sanchez was never put into the snoopy game, but I think it probably would have been Sanchez. He was coming off a bad game against Jacksonville, but Geno's performance against the Giants a week later was clearly worse.

This is one nyjunc has correct (or at a minimum, mostly correct).

Tannenbaum and Ryan were both huge Sanchez boosters. Sanchez was their guy. When he replaced Tannenbaum, Idzik (who had no ties to Sanchez himself) wanted to move on from him, and that someone else ended up being Geno. But with the guarantees in Sanchez's extension, he couldn't get rid of him just yet. What he could do was draft someone else early enough to warrant a true competition between the 2 right away.

Putting aside remarks about the Snoopy Trophy being the primary reason for putting him back in, the reason Sanchez went in that game was for Rex to show up Idzik. There was a power struggle between 2 guys who disagreed on who the team's QB should be (and whatever else they disagreed on; like Revis, undoubtedly). The only extent to which the Snoopy Trophy factored in was Rex's desire that his guy deliver it after Idzik's guy blew it. The point wasn't merely to win it, but specifically to have Sanchez win it. In coming to the rescue to win the game (and that dopey trophy none of the fans cared about), Sanchez would also win the starting job and Rex would have no more pressure/meddling/input on the subject from the Idzik peanut gallery by having Sanchez show an immediate, stark contrast between the two: Geno was horrible against the starters that game, Simms did better against the backups, so naturally Sanchez - who is better than Simms - would surely do better still against the backups, and the competition would be over. Sanchez wins, Geno loses :: Rex wins, Idzik loses. Rex wins his power struggle over some suit pressuring him who to play, and probably hoped this would also then tilt the stage for their future relationship in Ryan's favor. 

Of course none of that happened, and instead Sanchez got injured (which Ryan certainly didn't factor as a possibility despite our ragamuffin line against Giants-nobodies trying desperately to get Coughlin's attention). Hell, even Sanchez knew why he went in there, which is why he went off on (i.e. blamed) Idzik and not Ryan after he got injured. The following March, after unsuccessfully trying to trade him, Idzik released Sanchez outright. 

he sat him for mark's benefit, no QB could have succeeded w/ the players around the QB that year.  Mark outplayed Geno(obviously) and under any normal situation easily won the job in 2013 so he should have been starting that NYG game not playing in the 4th qtr.

Tannenbaum would have rebuilt the team, Rex would have coached everybody up, Sanchez would have been the starter, all of them would have won us multiple SBs if we hadnt of gotten rid of them. Welcome to Realitypod, a podcast about reality. Im your host nyjunc

I think it was his own play on the field (the last straw being when he blew the Titans game by committing 3 turnovers on 3 consecutive possessions to end the game), on top of his general body of work before that, is what set the stage for his starting days here to end (Idzik drafting someone else). It didn't end it, but it did set the stage for Idzik to bring in someone else. Don't forget, Sanchez was guaranteed starter money for the 2013 season and, despite the earlier benching, he still started the last game of the season. To Ryan, Sanchez was Mr. "gives us the best chance to win." A lot of it was ego; he had to be right. And hell, he just liked Sanchez. In a lot of ways, they were cut from the same cloth. I honestly don't know who would have been the opening day starter if Sanchez was never put into the snoopy game, but I think it probably would have been Sanchez. He was coming off a bad game against Jacksonville, but Geno's performance against the Giants a week later was clearly worse.

This is one nyjunc has correct (or at a minimum, mostly correct).

Tannenbaum and Ryan were both huge Sanchez boosters. Sanchez was their guy. When he replaced Tannenbaum, Idzik (who had no ties to Sanchez himself) wanted to move on from him, and that someone else ended up being Geno. But with the guarantees in Sanchez's extension, he couldn't get rid of him just yet. What he could do was draft someone else early enough to warrant a true competition between the 2 right away.

Putting aside remarks about the Snoopy Trophy being the primary reason for putting him back in, the reason Sanchez went in that game was for Rex to show up Idzik. There was a power struggle between 2 guys who disagreed on who the team's QB should be (and whatever else they disagreed on; like Revis, undoubtedly). The only extent to which the Snoopy Trophy factored in was Rex's desire that his guy deliver it after Idzik's guy blew it. The point wasn't merely to win it, but specifically to have Sanchez win it. In coming to the rescue to win the game (and that dopey trophy none of the fans cared about), Sanchez would also win the starting job and Rex would have no more pressure/meddling/input on the subject from the Idzik peanut gallery by having Sanchez show an immediate, stark contrast between the two: Geno was horrible against the starters that game, Simms did better against the backups, so naturally Sanchez - who is better than Simms - would surely do better still against the backups, and the competition would be over. Sanchez wins, Geno loses :: Rex wins, Idzik loses. Rex wins his power struggle over some suit pressuring him who to play, and probably hoped this would also then tilt the stage for their future relationship in Ryan's favor. 

Of course none of that happened, and instead Sanchez got injured (which Ryan certainly didn't factor as a possibility despite our ragamuffin line against Giants-nobodies trying desperately to get Coughlin's attention). Hell, even Sanchez knew why he went in there, which is why he went off on (i.e. blamed) Idzik and not Ryan after he got injured. The following March, after unsuccessfully trying to trade him, Idzik released Sanchez outright. 

I go by what Lucas and others said, that there's no way a HC can walk into that locker after what Sanchez had put out his last few seasons, his career and tell them we can win with Sanchez.  

Plus I don't see Rex throwing his starter out the there in that spot vs the Giants.  Outside of all the jokes don't see it.

of course we'll never know but think he's run had mercifully ended for each side a year earlier

he sat him for mark's benefit, no QB could have succeeded w/ the players around the QB that year.  Mark outplayed Geno(obviously) and under any normal situation easily won the job in 2013 so he should have been starting that NYG game not playing in the 4th qtr.

Easily?  Lol.  You're rewriting that summer and ignoring the way Sanchez was viewed by the franchise, CS, FO and fans

Tannenbaum would have rebuilt the team, Rex would have coached everybody up, Sanchez would have been the starter, all of them would have won us multiple SBs if we hadnt of gotten rid of them. Welcome to Realitypod, a podcast about reality. Im your host nyjunc

nah, we would have been 1-15 every season until they were gone.  Clearly they were all terrible and we just had magic leprechaun dust carrying us to 2 title games.

You see dead people too?  

CS and FO thought so highly of him he was cut 

he was cut a year later and the CS and FO were not on the same page.  the HC who led us to 2 title games wanted him, the GM that was fired les than 2 years in for his incompetence wanted geno.  that should tell us all we need to know.

nah, we would have been 1-15 every season until they were gone.  Clearly they were all terrible and we just had magic leprechaun dust carrying us to 2 title games.

the leprechaun dust prolly faded bc Izdik stole his pot of gold and then refused to spend it on FA's. If you guys want to reach me it will now be an international call as I recently relocated to Realitystan

he was cut a year later and the CS and FO were not on the same page.  the HC who led us to 2 title games wanted him, the GM that was fired les than 2 years in for his incompetence wanted geno.  that should tell us all we need to know.

He was injured. 

So the GM who drafted him was incompetent for cutting him.  Wasn't for drafting Sanchez though.  Nice spin.  This would be the GM who largely was fired for extending Sanckez.  

And as to punctuate your imaginary Jet world, the HC who benched him, handed his job to Geno, who has this long history of QB success wanted him based on handing his job to a rookie?  Or all the support he gave Mark that preseason giving his job away.  Never backing Mark.  

They all were on the same page.  They realized Sanchez sucked and couldn't ttrade him because every other FO agreed.  

Archived