Jets/Skins... Who is going?

Fibonacci

He's very real, never let him get your cell number, the texts you get from him can never be unseen

True story, I have changed my cell phone number 6 times because of Tom Shane. It is disturbing and fascinating at the same time.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go with uber cheaper option than a cab- this way you do not have to bother getting a  rental car. You going to joes tailgate? E10 lot

Also they are calling for the coldest weather of the year this weekend  by us for you Florida people

Yeah, I've seen that which sucks because I have very little warm clothing.  haha.  Doesnt look like a weekend for flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt up there.

So uber?  What time should we leave Brooklyn?  And can they drop us off right at E10? 

Since this will be my first game in Metlife (sad, I know) can someone help me out logistically with planning on Sunday.  When we used to go the Meadowlands for games, we always stayed with family in Jersey and they'd drive us to the games...so I never had to do this on my own.  Advice would be welcomed:

If I'm staying in Williamsburg (Brooklyn), what would be the best means to get to the game?  I was planning on cabbing or uber'ing it so I dont have to deal with anything...is that ridiculous and we should just rent a car for the day?  It's what, a 45 minute drive?  What time should we leave, where should they drop us off, etc?  

Thanks in advance.

You could rent one of those Zip cars but between the tolls and the parking pass you could get a steak for 2 at Peter Lugar.

If you want to keep it cost effective and stress-free, either take the bus from Port Authority or take the NJ transit train from Penn Station right to MetLife (change at Secaucus).

Leave early for that...  and at the end of the game you will have to wait.  Those trains are packed. 

Since this will be my first game in Metlife (sad, I know) can someone help me out logistically with planning on Sunday.  When we used to go the Meadowlands for games, we always stayed with family in Jersey and they'd drive us to the games...so I never had to do this on my own.  Advice would be welcomed:

If I'm staying in Williamsburg (Brooklyn), what would be the best means to get to the game?  I was planning on cabbing or uber'ing it so I dont have to deal with anything...is that ridiculous and we should just rent a car for the day?  It's what, a 45 minute drive?  What time should we leave, where should they drop us off, etc?  

Thanks in advance.

Give yourself plenty of time.  Depends on the game but the Eagles game as I walked in there were still plenty of cars sitting in traffic.  If you have a tailgate party to attend it's even better.  If you don't get to come here often you should come in at 8 am when the lots open to experience an all day tailgate.  Also much less traffic.  Remember with Uber you have to pay that toll to cross the Verazano.

I'll be at the game. upper deck seats. They better win. I hope Bowles has the team prepared. The Jets should win. 4-1 has to be the end result. These are not the "Same Old Jets" anymore. I'm so hyped up that I'm going Sunday. They should beat Washington easily the way the Jet defense is playing. Go Jets! hoping for the best. Just Win make me happy this Sunday

I'll be at the game. upper deck seats. They better win. I hope Bowles has the team prepared. The Jets should win. 4-1 has to be the end result. These are not the "Same Old Jets" anymore. I'm so hyped up that I'm going Sunday. They should beat Washington easily the way the Jet defense is playing. Go Jets! hoping for the best. Just Win make me happy this Sunday

You might want to refrain from admitting you will be in upper deck seats at the game on here.

You don't want to be characterized as a loud, drunk, burping, farting, vulgar blue collar guy who guzzles Schiltz and gouges meatball heroes with Vinnie from Staten Island.

You could rent one of those Zip cars but between the tolls and the parking pass you could get a steak for 2 at Peter Lugar.

If you want to keep it cost effective and stress-free, either take the bus from Port Authority or take the NJ transit train from Penn Station right to MetLife (change at Secaucus).

Leave early for that...  and at the end of the game you will have to wait.  Those trains are packed. 

Reading this reminded me of my 1st trip to Metlife, 3 years ago, the Sunday night game vs the Pats. My buddy & I 1st went to Brooklyn Brewery & then had a 3:00 reservation for Peter Lugers. Thank god we enjoyed that because the game itself was a catastrophe.

Reading this reminded me of my 1st trip to Metlife, 3 years ago, the Sunday night game vs the Pats. My buddy & I 1st went to Brooklyn Brewery & then had a 3:00 reservation for Peter Lugers. Thank god we enjoyed that because the game itself was a catastrophe.

Peter Luger's usually tops most anything.

Thanks!  Looks like we've got options.  Unfortunately, my chick is very fancy, so it might be hard to convince her to use a bus or the subway.  So I'll probably have to fork over a boat load for a cab or uber.

Speaking of which, I dont have the uber app.  Is this true that when you download the actual app, your first ride is free?  Wonder if I can pull that off? 

Thanks!  Looks like we've got options.  Unfortunately, my chick is very fancy, so it might be hard to convince her to use a bus or the subway.  So I'll probably have to fork over a boat load for a cab or uber.

Speaking of which, I dont have the uber app.  Is this true that when you download the actual app, your first ride is free?  Wonder if I can pull that off? 

I don't think that is true, but I will give you the jet nation discount codeI 'll post it a little later today thanks

Give yourself plenty of time.  Depends on the game but the Eagles game as I walked in there were still plenty of cars sitting in traffic.  If you have a tailgate party to attend it's even better.  If you don't get to come here often you should come in at 8 am when the lots open to experience an all day tailgate.  Also much less traffic.  Remember with Uber you have to pay that toll to cross the Verazano.

Thanks for the tip! 

If we got the uber route and just pony up...what's the commute times there and back?  I assume the ride back would be a traffic jam all the way back to the city, no? 

It wasn't with me.   But if true make that first trip from Brooklyn to Miami.

Jets + Chefs event for the NYCWWF has been awesome, great food, drinks and some legends.

Namath, Walker, Coles, Lyons, Richardson (who is so skinny you can't recognize him), Buttle are the ones I've seen son far. 

Looking forward to tomorrow!!! 

Thanks for the tip! 

If we got the uber route and just pony up...what's the commute times there and back?  I assume the ride back would be a traffic jam all the way back to the city, no? 

Commute to the stadium isn't bad, but it gets slow at certain spots. You're driving thru Chinatown/Soho, you're gonna see bumper-to-bumper traffic as your car moves towards the Holland tunnel; lots of different roads merge at that point, so you get the most congestion over there. You also get slowed down on Williamsburg bridge. 

I drove from Bushwick to Secaucus a bunch of times, without traffic its a little over 30 minutes but during the day, it takes one hour. And that's when i'm going to visit my folks. You gotta add another 10 minutes going to the stadium and then a bit of walking time from the lot to your seats. So you're looking at an hour and a half. I'm guessing you haven't got a parking pass, tell your driver to drop you off at lot D.

Isn't uber gonna cost you $70 or something (one way)? Valuable money that could be used for alcohol. Tell your girl to stop being prissy and take the bus

Commute to the stadium isn't bad, but it gets slow at certain spots. You're driving thru Chinatown/Soho, you're gonna see bumper-to-bumper traffic as your car moves towards the Holland tunnel; lots of different roads merge at that point, so you get the most congestion over there. You also get slowed down on Williamsburg bridge. 

I drove from Bushwick to Secaucus a bunch of times, without traffic its a little over 30 minutes but during the day, it takes one hour. And that's when i'm going to visit my folks. You gotta add another 10 minutes going to the stadium and then a bit of walking time from the lot to your seats. So you're looking at an hour and a half. I'm guessing you haven't got a parking pass, tell your driver to drop you off at lot D.

Isn't uber gonna cost you $70 or something (one way)? Valuable money that could be used for alcohol. Tell your girl to stop being prissy and take the bus

haha.  It's a vacation.  I can always make more money.  

We are going the Uber route.  Thanks for the tip though.

haha.  It's a vacation.  I can always make more money.  

We are going the Uber route.  Thanks for the tip though.

all this talk gives me stress.  Almost all other cities, going to a game is a breeze.  lIttle but of traffic near the stadium.  

NY games are such a pain for out of town people.  Love away games in cities where the stadium is downtown.  Nashville, Charlotte, Atlanta etc.  

This is a great post by the Captain!

I hate getting this excited for a game. I have been trying not to think about it.

Meatballs are made for the tailgate and smell amazing though.

Also I hope the team isn't looking ahead to the Pats game as much as I am.

Had a great wedding and reception and kicked off the honeymoon at MetLife to watch a great game. Sat corner end zone and got to see the Ivory/Marshall/Fitz TDs up close along with the Revis pick. Awesome day. My old lady and I both lost our voices haha.

Had a great wedding and reception and kicked off the honeymoon at MetLife to watch a great game. Sat corner end zone and got to see the Ivory/Marshall/Fitz TDs up close along with the Revis pick. Awesome day. My old lady and I both lost our voices haha.

Congrats on your wedding. I am glad you enjoyed your day. 

Archived