Comeback Player of the Year

jgb

broken leg and irrelevence. Also yes you can win award from coming back for sucking (see phillip rivers), although i personally disagree with that

the issue with Fitz isn't what he's "coming back from" it's "coming back to".    

He was never good to begin with so I don't think he's even eligible to win the award.   

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How was he robbed? You just said he went on to have a HOF career. As for the murder, I never really followed it. All I know is that he wasnt found guilty. Maybe he did it, I dont know. It sounds like you know for sure given that you said he came back from killing a dude. Maybe you should provide that evidence to the authorities or something and fix a wrong. 

They need help looking for Ray's white suit.

OJ wasn't found guilty either. 

Yes he was....in civil court, though whats really the point of even comparing these situations (OJ and Ray) to Adrian Peterson's? 

As a side note, seems like you feel that the court system isnt working too well. Or maybe it is and you are not satisfied with the fact that people are being found innocent amongst their peers...I dont know. You could be on to something though because trust me, im not a big fan either. I know what Abraham Lincoln really said and felt about me while drawing up that Emancipation Proclamation and how it was only instituted because he was losing the war and that was a pretty cool way to get negros to put their life on line to fight for him because it was like they were "fighting for freedom" only to be met with Jim Crow laws in the court institutions once the war was over. And when those laws were disbandment in 1865 it just so happened to be the same year the Ku Klux Klan was founded which was comprised of political, judicial and law enforcement figures where they hung my family from trees like animals. And today that history is basically regulated to February as only being "my" history while the rest dont even have to care because, lets face it, its not on life's "test". 

Point being, I wouldnt go comparing the above to Riley Cooper because he went on a drunken rant about how many n___er's he would fight. it was racist but his 2 second video of being a racist ass doesnt compare to the above...sort of like how Peterson giving his child a beating doesnt compare to murder and Ray Lewis alleged involvement or a double murder at OJ's mansion and how he got off yet there are numerous men who were put on death row and actually killed only to be found not guilty because new technology such as DNA verification proved that those "criminals" actually werent what we thought they were. So I get your point about the court system for sure. 

Generally speaking, sometimes comparing outrageous situations to current topics are just unnecessary because it ends up demonizing. Also, being overly critical of a person as if people shouldnt have the opportunity to redeem themselves seems funny yet ironic when we see how much dirt is actually swept under the rug in this very society. 

dear sperm....please don't respond, chad pennington threads are awesome.   we are the fanbase that never lets an old argument go and are only happy when we fire the coach and GM.   

It's okay for Sperm to respond. He's smart enough to read what I wrote and understand what I did there. Hence my respect for him. 

Yes he was....in civil court, though whats really the point of even comparing these situations (OJ and Ray) to Adrian Peterson's? 

As a side note, seems like you feel that the court system isnt working too well. Or maybe it is and you are not satisfied with the fact that people are being found innocent amongst their peers...I dont know. You could be on to something though because trust me, im not a big fan either. I know what Abraham Lincoln really said and felt about me while drawing up that Emancipation Proclamation and how it was only instituted because he was losing the war and that was a pretty cool way to get negros to put their life on line to fight for him because it was like they were "fighting for freedom" only to be met with Jim Crow laws in the court institutions once the war was over. And when those laws were disbandment in 1865 it just so happened to be the same year the Ku Klux Klan was founded which was comprised of political, judicial and law enforcement figures where they hung my family from trees like animals. And today that history is basically regulated to February as only being "my" history while the rest dont even have to care because, lets face it, its not on life's "test". 

Point being, I wouldnt go comparing the above to Riley Cooper because he went on a drunken rant about how many n___er's he would fight. it was racist but his 2 second video of being a racist ass doesnt compare to the above...sort of like how Peterson giving his child a beating doesnt compare to murder and Ray Lewis alleged involvement or a double murder at OJ's mansion and how he got off yet there are numerous men who were put on death row and actually killed only to be found not guilty because new technology such as DNA verification proved that those "criminals" actually werent what we thought they were. So I get your point about the court system for sure. 

Generally speaking, sometimes comparing outrageous situations to current topics are just unnecessary because it ends up demonizing. Also, being overly critical of a person as if people shouldnt have the opportunity to redeem themselves seems funny yet ironic when we see how much dirt is actually swept under the rug in this very society. 

Whoa, all I said was OJ wasn't found guilty either (initially, in criminal court). It was to draw an analogy to someone else - someone famous everyone was familiar with - who was guilty and who was found not guilty (and the court case and verdict was kinda famous as well). 

It was not to equate Peterson's method of punishing his kid with OJ committing murder. The point (since you asked) is being found not guilty in court doesn't mean someone is not, in fact, guilty. 

Not to mention, I wasn't even drawing the comparison/analogy to Peterson in the first place. It was in response to the Ray Lewis case.

Whoa, all I said was OJ wasn't found guilty either (initially, in criminal court). It was to draw an analogy to someone else - someone famous everyone was familiar with - who was guilty and who was found not guilty (and the court case and verdict was kinda famous as well). 

It was not to equate Peterson's method of punishing his kid with OJ committing murder.

I don't want murderers on the team. Everyone else... what's his 40 time?

The correct answer is Fitz......As in Larry Fitzgerald.  

Through 4 weeks he's already more than halfway to his yardage total last year, and also has 5 TD's compared to just 2 all of last season.  Also widely known to be one of the good guys around the league, which tends to matter for this relatively meaningless award more than others.

(But seriously, Chad Pennington)

I don't want murderers on the team. Everyone else... what's his 40 time?

I forget how fast OJ was in his Bronco. Didn't look too fast on TV at the time. Like he was just cruising.

All I remember from watching the chase live is they kept cutting away from the Knicks game to show him driving his stupid white truck. I remember thinking deserved the chair for that alone. It was the freaking finals and we won that game. He could have waited a day and made me miss one of the last 2 games and I wouldn't care. It wouldn't have been as bad if they cut away from the game and I missed the finger roll instead.  

It was not to equate Peterson's method of punishing his kid with OJ committing murder. The point (since you asked) is being found not guilty in court doesn't mean someone is not, in fact, guilty

Not to mention, I wasn't even drawing the comparison/analogy to Peterson in the first place. It was in response to the Ray Lewis case.

I understand, but like I said. Maybe the man wasnt guilty. There are people who've died on death row. Family, reputation, their own life completely destroyed because of whatever that circumstance was at the time. Decades later the truth is revealed and its too late. I will also assume that there have been people who committed said crime who got off for whatever reason, totally. Neither of that however makes Ray Lewis or OJ Simpson guilty or not guilty. 

What makes OJ Simpson guilty to you (if you believe his is), and why havent the legal system use that to convict him? Same for Ray. 

And I knew you were mature enough to read what I said without getting all butthurt halfway through the reading and misunderstanding what I was doing. The always mature Sperm Edwards. 

The obvious favorite is Adrian Peterson, assuming the voters (or whoever picks the award) finds it too distasteful to select him because of the reason he was out last year. But could Fitzpatrick bring home the hardware? I'd say he's in the conversation.

What would he be coming back to? He's never been great.

Brandon Marshall is a better candidate. He had a down year because of injuries and Marc Trestmans terrible offense.

Actually I didnt think of that. I think Brandon had his worst year since his rookie year last year. He's on pace to break every Jet record as well as personal records. 

I'd love to see the Jets get a Comeback player of the year for a 5th round pick. 

I forget how fast OJ was in his Bronco. Didn't look too fast on TV at the time. Like he was just cruising.

All I remember from watching the chase live is they kept cutting away from the Knicks game to show him driving his stupid white truck. I remember thinking deserved the chair for that alone. It was the freaking finals and we won that game. He could have waited a day and made me miss one of the last 2 games and I wouldn't care. It wouldn't have been as bad if they cut away from the game and I missed the finger roll instead.  

OJ was in the backseat with a gun to his head according to Al Cowlings, who was driving. I don't buy it though a narcissist like OJ would never deprive the Earth of his divine presence and kill himself. How the fugg did he get off after all that. #juryselection

I understand, but like I said. Maybe the man wasnt guilty. There are people who've died on death row. Family, reputation, their own life completely destroyed because of whatever that circumstance was at the time. Decades later the truth is revealed and its too late. I will also assume that there have been people who committed said crime who got off for whatever reason, totally. Neither of that however makes Ray Lewis or OJ Simpson guilty or not guilty. 

What makes OJ Simpson guilty to you (if you believe his is), and why havent the legal system use that to convict him? Same for Ray. 

And I knew you were mature enough to read what I said without getting all butthurt halfway through the reading and misunderstanding what I was doing. The always mature Sperm Edwards. 

Why would I get hurt? I may think it's a bit out of place for this forum (just being honest) but the last thing I'd be is hurt.

And OJ isn't guilty to me. He's just guilty. 

Oh, and Chad Pennington FTWCPOTY

The obvious favorite is Adrian Peterson, assuming the voters (or whoever picks the award) finds it too distasteful to select him because of the reason he was out last year. But could Fitzpatrick bring home the hardware? I'd say he's in the conversation.

is is this a serious thread? Fitz was never above average to begin with and he's been ok here this year considering his overall team (Great D, WRs, playing with lead etc). He's not going to win any CBPoY

is is this a serious thread? Fitz was never above average to begin with and he's been ok here this year considering his overall team (Great D, WRs, playing with lead etc). He's not going to win any CBPoY

totally

OJ was in the backseat with a gun to his head according to Al Cowlings, who was driving. I don't buy it though a narcissist like OJ would never deprive the Earth of his divine presence and kill himself. How the fugg did he get off after all that. #juryselection

Right, how could I forget?

Oh yeah, because all I f*cking cared about were my f*cking Knicks in the f*cking finals.

But totally the actions of an innocent man. That's the way everyone grieves. 

Right, how could I forget?

Oh yeah, because all I f*cking cared about were my f*cking Knicks in the f*cking finals.

But totally the actions of an innocent man. That's the way everyone grieves. 

They teach that case in criminal law on how to screw the pooch as a prosecution. they literally did everything wrong

Oh and Johnnie Cochrane was the Aaron Rodgers of the court room. Guy was just so far above every one else it wasn't fair

Why would I get hurt? I may think it's a bit out of place for this forum (just being honest) but the last thing I'd be is hurt.

And OJ isn't guilty to me. He's just guilty. 

Oh, and Chad Pennington FTWCPOTY

I dont know why you would get hurt. Precisely why I knew you could handle it. The butthurt comment was directed to those who felt that you shouldnt respond because it would destroy the Chad for the win motion going. 

And OJ sure as hell is guilty...for stealing his own bust. 

Archived