Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good news is that I'm down in SoFla so I get to watch the game on my dad's television, which is the most unnecessary and awesome television ever invented. Thing is ******* 80 inches. So I'll get to see Kramalamadingdong Pancakes in all his glory.

The bad news is that I have to listen to the Sun Sports commentators and my sister at the same time.

No worries though, everyone. Don't panic. I'll have consistent updates about how the team looks in this high of a resolution.

Not as boring a team to watch as I thought we’d be, but the Knicks aren’t a very good team still. Maybe we win 30-35 games, but the problem is the East is actually pretty decent this year and I don’t think any under-.500 teams are making it into the playoffs like they have in past years. Bottom line is the Knicks have played a bunch of Eastern teams that are going to be in the playoffs and they just don’t look like they’re on the same level. The Knicks need players but more importantly they need leadership.

Based on the last few games the scouting reports on Grant sure do look like they were accurate. He looks completely lost when he gets forced to shoot. A long way to go for him for sure, but the one thing I will say is that the guy hustles hard on both ends of the floor. I think it’s just a matter of experience for him; and his ceiling is decent. Not great, but decent. Hard to imagine he won't work to get there given his pedigree.

The NBA is certainly on the upswing though. League’s more competitive than it has been for a while and there are a lot of compelling storylines this year; and it’s going to be followed by one of the better free agency classes in a long time. Fun year for sure, the NBA and MLB have been better than the NFL this year IMO.

No, it means he's awesome. You're going to be on suicide watch with SMC when this season starts to drag.

Nah, as long as the Knicks have a 10th worst or better record Im ok with it so long as KP and Grant develop 

Yeah, its hard to win consistently when you are consistently shooting under 40 percent. Knicks aren't good but 8-9 with this schedule isnt terrible.

If Fisher and Jackson are smart they'll start determining the minutes of Galloway, O'Quinn, and Thomas around the nights that they're on. Particularly around these Eastern teams who are just going to be spending the entire second half jockeying for positioning. Even Calderon doesn't look like a vociferous mountain of boar poop lately. After Cleveland and Golden State the league is wide open this year and a lot of teams are looking competitive, there has to be someone crazy enough out there to let Phil turn these guys into assets.

If Fisher and Jackson are smart they'll start determining the minutes of Galloway, O'Quinn, and Thomas around the nights that they're on. Particularly around these Eastern teams who are just going to be spending the entire second half jockeying for positioning. Even Calderon doesn't look like a vociferous mountain of boar poop lately. After Cleveland and Golden State the league is wide open this year and a lot of teams are looking competitive, there has to be someone crazy enough out there to let Phil turn these guys into assets.

Galloway should be playing with Calderon/Carmelo/Porzingis/Lopez. Afflalo should be coming off the bench because nobody else can score. Calderon is playing his way into being movable which is really important since Afflalo and Williams are crap and will certainly be opting in. Carmelo seemed slightly less like ass cancer since in Porzingis he finally found somebody he can trust/saw the writing on the wall and made a business decision to stop being a donkey but then he throws one out there like tonight. Porzingis and Galloway look like great building blocks but what we're getting out of the veterans excepting Calderon is a joke.

Seemed to me the bench was running away with it and the lead was lost with the starters in there. 

The bench did put them up 14 but then lost it by tthe time Affalo and KP were brought back in. Thats what I was referring to. 

This loss is on Fisher and his sh*tty rotation in 4th letting bench squander a 14 point lead against the Rockets starters.

This loss is on Dolan and Grunwald and Phil and their bad basketball team full of basketball players who are not good at basketball. They played a pretty good game and still just lost. It's going to happen a lot. If we're lucky.

This loss is on Dolan and Grunwald and Phil and their bad basketball team full of basketball players who are not good at basketball. They played a pretty good game and still just lost. It's going to happen a lot. If we're lucky.

Well, besides that...

Galloway is becoming an issue too. Started off the season hot, but last 5 games: 5.2 ppg 24% shooting 18% on 3s. Not good for the first guy off the bench replacing and already terrible Calderon.

Galloway's shooting was unsustainable so he's gone from superstar production to merely very good. If he and Calderon are our problem, we have no problems.

Archived