Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

I would feel bad for Nets fans had the team and fanbase not been so insufferable for the past five years. It looks like they are going to be really bad for a really long time.

Oh well. **** 'em.

T0m?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty crazy seeing Cuban gushing about him during the game. Said they were in love with him right before the draft but knew they didn't have the pieces to trade up.

This is Carlisle after the game: "He is a special player. And the city of New York has Phil Jackson to thank for that one. There were others that didn't have the balls to pull the trigger on that one, and he's a great young player who's got a chance to be truly special."

The NBA at the draft was like a bunch of thirsty guys lounging in the living room all waiting for one guy to get up and bring them all beers.  Many teams were high on KP, including the Lakers whom were said to being flipping between him and Russell, but Jax pulled the trigger. 

I can't believe the writers haven't called Melo on it. Reports now that Melo is grumbling about the losing. They're losing because Melo has played like sh*t the whole season! He's shooting 40% which is 5% below his average.

the KG trade wrecked them

One of the Net beat writers wrote that in King/Drago's Nets reign, the team has either traded or swapped 11 1st round draft picks (including players drafted in the 1st round by the Nets).  That's insane.

The age disparity between KP/Towns and the best players in the NBA is wild.

KP/Towns are 7 years younger than Curry, Westbrook and Durant, 6 years younger than Harden and 5 years younger than Paul George.  He's 11 years younger than LeBron and 10 years younger than Chris Paul.

When KP/Towns turn 25 and enters their prime, LeBron will be 36, Paul 35, Curry, Westbrook and Durant 32, Harden 31 and George 30.

The age disparity between KP/Towns and the best players in the NBA is wild.

KP/Towns are 7 years younger than Curry, Westbrook and Durant, 6 years younger than Harden and 5 years younger than Paul George.  He's 11 years younger than LeBron and 10 years younger than Chris Paul.

When KP/Towns turn 25 and enters their prime, LeBron will be 36, Paul 35, Curry, Westbrook and Durant 32, Harden 31 and George 30.

I think this is why I'm cool paying for vets until we get a little further along. We're not going to be competing for anything anytime soon, but watching all of that talent on the Sixers getting completely mind****ed and dejected without anyone to act as glue certainly puts things in perespective. I am not the biggest Phil fan but I think the environment he brought Kraftpack Pimento into is about as ideal as you can get for a team that just got out of the lottery. And the nice thing about Grant hitting the wall when he did is that the other guards were starting to get their sh*t together at the same time, so nothing was dire.

I think this is why I'm cool paying for vets until we get a little further along. We're not going to be competing for anything anytime soon, but watching all of that talent on the Sixers getting completely mind****ed and dejected without anyone to act as glue certainly puts things in perespective. I am not the biggest Phil fan but I think the environment he brought Kraftpack Pimento into is about as ideal as you can get for a team that just got out of the lottery. And the nice thing about Grant hitting the wall when he did is that the other guards were starting to get their sh*t together at the same time, so nothing was dire.

I'm of the same mindset, but the age disparity throws me off.

For instance, my pipe dream FA is now Westbrook, who's a FA in 2017.  I think he'd be great with KP, but then I remember that Westbrook would be 29 then and KP only 22. Holy crap.

That said, I'm looking forward to the Summer of 2021 when Towns joins the Knicks as a FA to form a new-age twin towers.  Two agile 7 footers with range playing "small ball" will be incredible.  Heck, Towns and his family are big Knicks fans from NJ.  

I'm of the same mindset, but the age disparity throws me off.

For instance, my pipe dream FA is now Westbrook, who's a FA in 2017.  I think he'd be great with KP, but then I remember that Westbrook would be 29 then and KP only 22. Holy crap.

That said, I'm looking forward to the Summer of 2021 when Towns joins the Knicks as a FA to form a new-age twin towers.  Two agile 7 footers with range playing "small ball" will be incredible.  Heck, Towns and his family are big Knicks fans from NJ.  

I don't think it's that much of an anomaly. Duncan's 6 years older than Parker, ditto for Shaq and Kobe. I think Oscar was like a full decade older than Kareem. Stranger things have happened.

Melo now complaining about the Knicks "pace", which he has a point, but still ignores the fact that he's shot horribly this season and that's a major factor for their struggles.

Melo is a career .454 shooter, but is shooting a career worse .403 this season.  He's shot his career average in only 8 of 22 games he's played.  Knicks are 5-3 in those games.  In the 14 other games he's shot under his career average, Knicks are 5-9.

Melo is averaging 18 shots a game while the next highest, KP, is averaging only 11.7 shots.

Melo now complaining about the Knicks "pace", which he has a point, but still ignores the fact that he's shot horribly this season and that's a major factor for their struggles.

Melo is a career .454 shooter, but is shooting a career worse .403 this season.  He's shot his career average in only 8 of 22 games he's played.  Knicks are 5-3 in those games.  In the 14 other games he's shot under his career average, Knicks are 5-9.

Melo is averaging 18 shots a game while the next highest, KP, is averaging only 11.7 shots.

I don't see what his shooting percentage has to do with the team playing like absolute crap in transition lately.

Start Grant. Pretty simple. 

He saw some more time yesterday and he still looks hella lost. You can argue that he'd be better served figuring it out while getting some minutes, but I think the logic behind favoring Calderon is that he's actually not playing terrible, so it's best to show him off for a trade.

I think Grant will be fine in the long run, but for now the guy just cannot shoot at all.

He saw some more time yesterday and he still looks hella lost. You can argue that he'd be better served figuring it out while getting some minutes, but I think the logic behind favoring Calderon is that he's actually not playing terrible, so it's best to show him off for a trade.

I think Grant will be fine in the long run, but for now the guy just cannot shoot at all.

He looks lost because he's playing with garbage players. And Fisher doesn't give him consistent minutes in any game. For as well as they're doing with KP development, they're doing terribly with Grant. 

He looks lost because he's playing with garbage players. And Fisher doesn't give him consistent minutes in any game. For as well as they're doing with KP development, they're doing terribly with Grant. 

Not really, his J was the knock on him coming out of Notre Dame. He hit the rookie wall in November when teams figured out he would flatline if they took away the lane. It happens. It'll happen to Porzingis some time this year too. The rookie wall is 100% undefeated.

The Knicks have to build assets. That is infinitely more the priority over giving Grant carte blanche to fix his jumper, which isn't going to happen in year one anyways.

Archived