Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

Trying to avoid the rookie wall? 

Ahh, there's no excuse for last night. Rookies play in garbage time. Not having him in there for the last 6-7 minutes was inexcusable. What was even more confusing was Fisher keeping Melo and Porzingis on the bench as the game was getting out of hand, despite the fact that both had been heating up nicely in the 2nd and 3rd. It was like he threw in the towel on the game once they went back down by 10 in the 4th.

I'm all for the Knicks being hesitant with his minutes at points in the season. He's still growing into his body, he's the future of the franchise, and an 82 game season can be grueling if you've never done it before, but last night had no rhyme or reason to it. Fisher threw the towel in on that game for no reason.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, there's no excuse for last night. Rookies play in garbage time. Not having him in there for the last 6-7 minutes was inexcusable. What was even more confusing was Fisher keeping Melo and Porzingis on the bench as the game was getting out of hand, despite the fact that both had been heating up nicely in the 2nd and 3rd. It was like he threw in the towel on the game once they went back down by 10 in the 4th.

I'm all for the Knicks being hesitant with his minutes at points in the season. He's still growing into his body, he's the future of the franchise, and an 82 game season can be grueling if you've never done it before, but last night had no rhyme or reason to it. Fisher threw the towel in on that game for no reason.

let him sleep during the all star break

run him !!!!

Dude. He's 19. He's never played even close to 82 games before. If you'd like him to have any semblance of a career, relax.

when I was 19 I ran to practice uphill and played football after practice.  he plays hoops for 24 minutes

he'll live

Big win against Heat. Now 5-5 agsinst 10 straight teams with winning records.

They looked like a Basketball team last night.  Great ball movement.  Effort on D.  Melo wasnt a sh*t head.

Speaking of which, why cant he be that guy every night?  I get he's not going to go 9-12 every night but it wasnt about his shooting volume, it was how he played.  Setting screens, moving the ball, giving effort on D, rebounding...you know, playing team ball. He wasnt gunning stupid 3's and taking ridiculous shots.  He was playing within the offense. He was getting to the paint, drawing fouls, rebounding and passing.  Amazing what a team can look like when Melo is playing like a dip sh*t.  It honestly was the best game I've ever seen him play because you can win with that type of player...not the Melo we've all learned to hate.

They looked like a Basketball team last night.  Great ball movement.  Effort on D.  Melo wasnt a sh*t head.

Speaking of which, why cant he be that guy every night?  I get he's not going to go 9-12 every night but it wasnt about his shooting volume, it was how he played.  Setting screens, moving the ball, giving effort on D, rebounding...you know, playing team ball. He wasnt gunning stupid 3's and taking ridiculous shots.  He was playing within the offense. He was getting to the paint, drawing fouls, rebounding and passing.  Amazing what a team can look like when Melo is playing like a dip sh*t.  It honestly was the best game I've ever seen him play because you can win with that type of player...not the Melo we've all learned to hate.

Melo wants to show everyone he's maturing.  He knows next offseason is his last and final shot at teaming up with Lebron

The NBA schedule makes have greatly benefited the top teams in the East this season thus far to the detriment of the lesser teams.

Thus far, every team has played between 35 to 38 games thus far.  Incredibly, the Heat have only played 12 road games, the Bulls 13 road games and the Cavs 17 road games.  The Celtics have played 16 road games.

In contrast, the Knicks have already played 20 road games, the Bucks 21 road games and the Sixers 23 road games.  Think about that, the Knicks have already played 8 more road games than the Heat, and 7 more than the Bulls.

It evens out as the season goes on, of course, but this can negatively impact the trajectory of a team's season.

The NBA schedule makes have greatly benefited the top teams in the East this season thus far to the detriment of the lesser teams.

Thus far, every team has played between 35 to 38 games thus far.  Incredibly, the Heat have only played 12 road games, the Bulls 13 road games and the Cavs 17 road games.  The Celtics have played 16 road games.

In contrast, the Knicks have already played 20 road games, the Bucks 21 road games and the Sixers 23 road games.  Think about that, the Knicks have already played 8 more road games than the Heat, and 7 more than the Bulls.

It evens out as the season goes on, of course, but this can negatively impact the trajectory of a team's season.

Fact that the knicks are just one game under .500 with an absolutely brutal schedule so far is nice

Fantastic game. Calderon was open and just missed. He's a good 3 point shooter.

Losing to a HOFer like Tony Parker is not a bad thing.

They're playing good ball right now and open look is an open look.  Melo was ice cold. 

Cant complain about it...

I head to the Caribbean for a week and I missed the return of Godzingis? ******* marriage.

Love? Overrated. Biochemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate.

In your honor, more Godzingis

Archived