Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

The benefit is that the Knicks still have their 2017 1st rounder.

I'm not too bent out of shape about 2016 because this draft class can't compare with what was in 2015.  There's no franchise players this year IMO, unlike 2015 and Knicks (hopefully) got one of them.

The Thibs thing is bad.  No way around it.  Rambis is supposedly the only candidate with the Blatt stuff being a smokescreen.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rambis has a .284 career winning percentage, 5th worst in NBA history for any coach who has coached at least 200 games.  He's 100 games below .500 before he got to the Knicks and then was 9-19.

Also, based on reports, the players not only do not respect him because he's Phil's lacky (they respected Fisher) they also don't like him because he talks down to them.

Every head coaching candidate who was a HC before has a better winning percentage than Rambis.

But he's going to be the next New York Knicks coach!!!

Woj reporting that Phil met with Blatt on Monday.

I wanted Thibs, of course, but Blatt is a good consolation considering Rambis is the default.  Career .284 winning percentage is the frontrunner because he's BFF with team prez.  Can't make this up.

That said, even though Phil has carried himself as a stubborn old man (his last press conference another example), he's not stupid.  That's why he's put out the smear campaign against Thibs.  He knows he can't sell Rambis on any level (besides the Phil-sycophants talking about continuity) and is dragging this out.  Phil can't hold a press conference and say that Rambis is the best man for the job.  Phil gave him a shot and he went 9-19.  There's not a single basketball-related metric to justify the hire and Phil has to know that.

8 hours ago, SMC said:

Woj reporting that Phil met with Blatt on Monday.

I wanted Thibs, of course, but Blatt is a good consolation considering Rambis is the default.  Career .284 winning percentage is the frontrunner because he's BFF with team prez.  Can't make this up.

That said, even though Phil has carried himself as a stubborn old man (his last press conference another example), he's not stupid.  That's why he's put out the smear campaign against Thibs.  He knows he can't sell Rambis on any level (besides the Phil-sycophants talking about continuity) and is dragging this out.  Phil can't hold a press conference and say that Rambis is the best man for the job.  Phil gave him a shot and he went 9-19.  There's not a single basketball-related metric to justify the hire and Phil has to know that.

As horrible as Rambis is I would prefer him to Blatt.  Even if we have a 1% chance at Lebron this summer you still try.

Blatt did not look good coaching the cavs last season in the playoffs.  He made a lot of dumb mental mistakes.  Yes he is a new nba coach but seriously it's not that hard

4 hours ago, Larz said:

there is a documentary coming out "patrick and zo"

the director was on FAN today and said at one point it was discussed if zo should come play with partrick, and patrick told zo to go to miami

amazing sh*t right there

http://www.si.com/nba/video/2016/04/21/si-films-presents-patrick-zo-ewing-mourning

Ewing was a headcase his ego would not have handled Mourning in Ny -- not that Mourning was that good he was outplayed by a 40 year old Ewing in those playoff series

10 hours ago, drdetroit said:

As horrible as Rambis is I would prefer him to Blatt.  Even if we have a 1% chance at Lebron this summer you still try.

Blatt did not look good coaching the cavs last season in the playoffs.  He made a lot of dumb mental mistakes.  Yes he is a new nba coach but seriously it's not that hard

Rambis has a career .284 winning percentage and did an awful job with Knicks going 9-19.  There is no rational basis to chose him over Blatt.

Blatt had his issues with Cleveland, but he can still coach.  Rambis can't.  Plus, there's a zero percentage chance LeBron comes to the Knicks with Rambis there.

3 hours ago, SMC said:

Rambis has a career .284 winning percentage and did an awful job with Knicks going 9-19.  There is no rational basis to chose him over Blatt.

Blatt had his issues with Cleveland, but he can still coach.  Rambis can't.  Plus, there's a zero percentage chance LeBron comes to the Knicks with Rambis there.

I'm cool with Blatt. Guy got totally thrown into a crazy situation that he didn't sign up for. I have no idea if the guy can actually coach or not, but I know that Rambis sure as sh*t can't. Blatt seems like a calm dude with a good knowledge of the game, I just wonder how the passivity that did him in with Lebron is going to hold up under Phil and Dolan.

I can't remember the article from a few years back, but in regards to predicted win values for coaches, there's something like 5 coaches who actually add value to their team, 20 or so who do nothing and then another handful who actual detract from their team. Thibs was one of the coaches who added value... Not to salt the wound, as he's with Minny now, I just don't really care who the coach is, provided it's not Rambis, unless our plan is to tank.  Blatt will probably fall somewhere along the lines of guys who don't add much value, but that's already better than what Rambis brings, again, provided our goal is to win basketball games. 

I understand the cronyism, the stubbornness of Phil, but it's difficult to believe that Phil would put his legacy in the hands of a coach with a career .284 winning percentage who has already failed (9-19) with the players Phil chose.

Remember the post Fisher firing press conference.  Phil thought Rambis was going to at least push the team close to the playoffs.  Rambis talked about playoffs.  Instead, he went 9-19 (worse than Fisher did this year).  Phil can try to excuse away Rambis's awful job in Minny (KAAAAAHHHHHHNNNN!!!!), but he saw what happened to the Knicks with his own eyes.

Make no mistake, if the Knicks are bad next season that will tarnish Phil's legacy and he'll be gone.  It's like New Jack City.  "I put my trust in you, and you put your trust in a crack head"

I remember thinking when dolan had to hit jackson over the head with a gigantic pile of cash for him to take the job, and jackson negotiated in some time to go home during the season that phil was just cashing checks, and this would be a disaster

so now it looks like his primary motivation now is to help some of his buddies cash checks

******* shame is what it is

Frank Vogel may be out in Indy with his contract expiring.

If he's available, Phil has to interview him.  In a hypothetical listing, I'd rank Vogel after Thibs and above Jackson and Blatt  

Also, latest reports is nothing on Blatt yet, who is interviewing with Kings this week.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Overlooked story of the week is Krackenfragger choosing not to play for Latvia. That actually took some guts. 

Yea, that was certainly good news.  Speaking of, I wish Yao would have done the same thing, would have been nice to see him in his prime for an extra couple of years. 

34 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Yea, that was certainly good news.  Speaking of, I wish Yao would have done the same thing, would have been nice to see him in his prime for an extra couple of years. 

Loved me some Yao. I think he's one of the top 10-15 centers ever. Really just a joy to watch.

That was a great team that Houston had. If he doesn't go down they definitely challenge the Lakers and Mavericks for those few years. Probably even win one too with the type of player he was becoming. Guy was 100% turning into a hall of famer.

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Loved me some Yao. I think he's one of the top 10-15 centers ever. Really just a joy to watch.

That was a great team that Houston had. If he doesn't go down they definitely challenge the Lakers and Mavericks for those few years. Probably even win one too with the type of player he was becoming. Guy was 100% turning into a hall of famer.

Agree 100% re Yao.  

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Agreed. His loyalty to his country was admirable, but I wish he was a bit selfish in regards to his health. Same way that I wish Shaq took care of his body and kept his BMI below 50.  It's fun watching greatness and I could have used a few more years of both. 

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

What's the deal with Ewing, can't even land the HC gig in Sacramento?  Is he really that terrible with x&os? When you see the sh*tstains that keep getting recycled at the NBA level, it's hard to believe that he could be worse than them. 

He's been relegated to the Kareem treatment and he wasn't even a dick.

My sports optimism boarders (and sometimes surpasses) on delusion, but maybe, just maybe there is a Vogel-related reason for Phil's hiring delay and going on vacation.

Vogel actually falls into the category of someone Phil "knows personally" in that Vogel worked for Phil for 1 season with the Lakers.  They only spoke briefly, but Vogel was under his employment so to speak.

Jackson speaks to Shaw, as he speaks to all the coaches in his rotten tree.  Perhaps Shaw told Phil that Vogel was on the outs with the Pacers.  The timeline fits because Phil spoke to his chosen candidate in Walton, who said get lost, then he met with Blatt, but then nothing has happened since.  That Blatt interview was during the Pacers series and that's now over.

Let's see what Larry Legend says in his 11 am press conference.

Phil went on vacation 6 weeks after his prior vacation.

Also, RC Buford of Spurs won Executive of the Year.  Sam Hinkie even received 1 vote as did John Hammond of Bucks. Phil didn't receive any.

The season is done. The Knicks need a coach, draft picks, and a plan for bidding on free agents. And the ******* guy in charge goes on vacation. And I love how this idiot is leaking that the job is still wide open. Right, that's why you're a ghost when candidates are interviewing for other jobs. The Knicks are still scouting because they're looking to buy back into the first or second and he hasn't been present at one workout. Not one.

Also, Ewing is interviewing with Sacramento and Memphis. You're telling me Phil, with all his blustering jizz spewing words about Knick traditions and sh*t doesn't even want to bring Patrick f'ing Ewing in to hear what he has to say? Maybe his thoughts on the center we're building this franchise around? Not even an interview? Seriously?

There is just no hope for anything. Ever. This was a cash grab by him. Plain and simple. The guy just doesn't want to work and played Dolan like a fiddle because Dolan's a gullible jagaloon.

Shameful sh*t. This franchise. Been saying it for years but I think I'm on the verge of finally giving up and just jumping on someone else. We're headed west within the next year, maybe the Clippers. I dunno. Pretty clear this franchise is doing itself in yet again for at least the next half decade and probably longer.

Archived