Is Chip Kelly....

Villain The Foe

I live in the Philly area...listen to Philly talk radio, many Eagle fan friends...

They already want this guys head...it's really nasty out here.  Philly fans are out for blood, they trusted this guy, called him a genius, didn't like what he was doing but said things like "In Chip we trust" and right now they're furious...if the Eagles continue like this there's no way he comes back...He might not even make it through the season.  If they don't force him out he'll leave.

He'll take a $5mm a year college job (have is pick of the litter) and go back to what he's good at.

An organization would be foolish if they let the overreaction of fans sway their decisionmaking...especially after ONE year of these changes.  I think this will be a moot point though as the Eagles will, in my opinion, turn it around.  Who knows though, the whole billboard fiasco has me thinking that organizations listen to us more than we think.

You can't judge his moves with a 4 game sample size. The guy completely overhauled the entire roster. The fact that people have already said the "Jury is out" is flat out ridiculous...did you really think it would come together immediately?  Give him a few years and then evaluate.

...I am aware that you can say the same thing about Macaggan...but **** that, he's a genius.

I dont think that people expected it to come together immediately, however people expected the Eagles to beat teams like the Redskins and be at minimum 2-2 on the year. I can understand losing to the Falcon's and Cowboys, but anyone who is pro-Chip doesnt expect him to lose to a team like the Redskin while being in last place in his division. 

We're judging him on this sample size, not that we're drawing some sort of conclusion. Lets be serious, no one expected the Eagles to be 1-3, then again no one expected Chip to jettison all of the talent either. 

I dont think that people expected it to come together immediately, however people expected the Eagles to beat teams like the Redskins and be at minimum 2-2 on the year. I can understand losing to the Falcon's and Cowboys, but anyone who is pro-Chip doesnt expect him to lose to a team like the Redskin while being in last place in his division. 

We're judging him on this sample size, not that we're drawing some sort of conclusion. Lets be serious, no one expected the Eagles to be 1-3, then again no one expected Chip to jettison all of the talent either. 

As I mentioned, I live in the Philly area...These guys were predicting Super Bowl...saying they were basically the 3rd or 4th best team in the NFL....This isn't a fan base expecting a slow start or a rebuilding year.  I'm not talking about one or two people, but virtually every Eagle fan I know (and every radio talking head)

As I mentioned, I live in the Philly area...These guys were predicting Super Bowl...saying they were basically the 3rd or 4th best team in the NFL....This isn't a fan base expecting a slow start or a rebuilding year.  I'm not talking about one or two people, but virtually every Eagle fan I know (and every radio talking head)

Were those predictions before or after all of their players left? I would expect before. I'd hate to be an Eagles fan right now. 

Were those predictions before or after all of their players left? I would expect before. I'd hate to be an Eagles fan right now. 

It was after the first two or three pre-season games...

they were ecstatic about the pre-season...it was really crazy...this mob mentality completely took over and they became insane...

Any logical person knows the preseason is meaningless but this town completely bought it, never saw anything like it.

It was after the first two or three pre-season games...

they were ecstatic about the pre-season...it was really crazy...this mob mentality completely took over and they became insane...

Any logical person knows the preseason is meaningless but this town completely bought it, never saw anything like it.

haha, the epic failure is rather great at this point. Cant wait to hear you inform us of Philly radio after week 8

One day the media will catch on to the fact that gimmicky college offenses have a short life span when you sneak them onto a NFL field.  DC's catch on and have real NFL defenders who will make you pay the price.  Chips offense tires his D out and put his QB in harms way far to often.  

But the media fell for him and his amazingly new and different, sparkly Oregon offense and training methods that were going to revolutionize the way the game is played.  

Sure.

Still a genius or will he ulitimately be the culprit for dismantling one of the more talented teams the NFL had to offer over the past 3 seasons? Their 1-3 record is one thing, but the eagles as a football team doesnt look good, Chips free agent/trade acquisitions is also looking more like a poor move, guys who were more productive last year " J Matthews and Ertz" are less productive this year, Bradford may not be as good a fit as Foles was in this offense, R Matthews looks to be more of a fit than Murray, The McCoy trade really stands out when he's traded for a LB'er with knee issues and is currently injured with a knee injury and Byron Maxwell has been getting smoked for most of this early season. 

Is this just a slow start  for the Eagles or has Chip Kelly fooled the Eagles organization and the NFL world with his "genius".  

Genius might be too strong a word, but he is innovative.

Belichick visited with him while Kelly was at UNH.  A lot of Patriots' offense is based off the framework of the Kelly inspired offense.

If anything, his failures in the NFL reinforce that while the game is the same, college and the NFL are worlds apart on how it is run. 

Kelly will be back in college within a few years, unless he finds a QB to run his system, and tearing it up again. 

I live in the Philly area...listen to Philly talk radio, many Eagle fan friends...

They already want this guys head...it's really nasty out here.  Philly fans are out for blood, they trusted this guy, called him a genius, didn't like what he was doing but said things like "In Chip we trust" and right now they're furious...if the Eagles continue like this there's no way he comes back...He might not even make it through the season.  If they don't force him out he'll leave.

He'll take a $5mm a year college job (have is pick of the litter) and go back to what he's good at.

I also live in philly. Jets fans hang up billboards, Eagles fans hang up coaches.

Genius might be too strong a word, but he is innovative.

Belichick visited with him while Kelly was at UNH.  A lot of Patriots' offense is based off the framework of the Kelly inspired offense.

If anything, his failures in the NFL reinforce that while the game is the same, college and the NFL are worlds apart on how it is run. 

Kelly will be back in college within a few years, unless he finds a QB to run his system, and tearing it up again. 

I know he's wishing he found a way to get Mariota. 

I wish we found a way too.  Doesn't help either one of us.  Its not college you cant dial up the type of QB you want and recruit him into your program.  

Just like you don't have 100 kids on your sideline to keep fresh bodies rotating through your system.  

And that gets back to a lot of posts in this thread about his trades.

I live in TN and never took seriously people saying the Titans do not need Mariotta because of Mettenberger.  He is JAG.

Even if they were willing to trade the second pick, Kelly traded all his bests assets away.

Kelly the GM undid Kelly the HC.

I still think Kelly the coach is an excellent hire because the fast paced system, easy reads are going to be the new age of QBs.  These kids are accustomed to the spread system from basically Pop Warner now, so I doubt it's going away.  More and more teams are just going to go spread, so the NFL is going to adopt.  

Kelly the GM is an idiot.  I'm not going to blame him for the McCoy deal, because that deal was lauded at the time and I understand the logic behind that deal.  McCoy was going to be over-paid, and RBs fall off a cliff quickly, so it was worth it to take a shot on Alonso.  Obviously, hasn't worked out for him, but not like McCoy is lighting things up either and he costs way more.  The issue however are his other moves, where he signed Maxwell to a ridiculous deal, let Mathis go, and let Maclin go while trying to field a win now team.  The system isn't going to work great until there is a running Qb, because the added threat of a running QB changes the defense.  A lot of these systems are one read systems where the QB only has to read one or two defenders, so if the defense is concerned about a running QB, then these reads become even easier as the defense is going to be hesitant to sell out on passes.  

Archived