HS football to only run out of shotgun from now on?

jgb

High School QB Suspended For Inappropriately Touching Center While Getting Snap

A zero tolerance policy run amok? A quarterback inappropriately tickling the taint of his center? Let’s try and find out which!

The Salem (Ore.) Statesman Journal reports on the case of Garrett Moore, a freshman at West Salem High School who received a three day suspension for inappropriately touching another student. What makes this story curious is that Moore is a quarterback on the freshman football team, and the student he allegedly touched inappropriately is a center on his team. The incident occurred while Moore was taking a snap during practice.

Here’s how he described it:

He said the center instructed him to take the snap farther forward in his stance than he had with other centers.

“He wanted me to go way up there and it felt very uncomfortable,” Moore said. “I was, like, moving my hands and I touched him and he started laughing. I guess I tickled him. I wouldn’t mean to. That’s kind of weird.”

Moore says the center is a bully, knocking him to the ground earlier in the practice and kneeing him in the crotch later in the practice. Four days later Moore was called into the principal’s office, and after an administrator had a couple of conversations with him and the center, he was suspended.

The Statesman Journal seemingly didn’t talk to the center, and the school wouldn’t discuss the incident. Moore’s mom said she will appeal.

http://deadspin.com/high-school-qb-suspended-for-inappropriately-touching-c-1735554656

I'm just running out of words to describe how horrific society has become.

Archived