Over/under on when JJ Watt demands a trade

jgb

Why does anyone expect any NFL player to take one dime less than they can possibly get? Careers are short, and can end on any given play. I'd seriously question the intelligence of any player (whose wife makes less than elite QB money) offering a discount to their team. 

I'm not saying players should all be "team guys".  I don't care if they get the money they want/deserve.  But the person I was quoting was saying he's a "team guy" and will want to stay with Houston for a long time.  Meh, he's just out to get his like basically everyone else.  If he really put titles over dollars he'd have taken less.  It just is what it is.

Why does anyone expect any NFL player to take one dime less than they can possibly get? Careers are short, and can end on any given play. I'd seriously question the intelligence of any player (whose wife makes less than elite QB money) offering a discount to their team. 

Not everything is a commentary on class warfare, Karl. ;)

And those short careers can set a smart player up for life.. Plus a cop,fireman or a military man could cost them their lives as well so don't even go there..:)

And those short careers can set a smart player up for life.. Plus a cop,fireman or a military man could cost them their lives as well so don't even go there..:)

Not to mention money isn't everything. Would you take $1 more a year to leave a job you love??

hes not going anywhere. he is the texans.  clowney on the other hand might find his way out after this year.  franchise might lose patience with him, even with injuries

Where are you guys getting this opinion?  He has been playing very well against the run this year and will eventually develop as a pass rusher. 

When it comes to taking less for the good of the team Brady is one of the best.. He's making 14 million this year and it goes up just a million a year through 2017..

That's a  good point.  Got to respect Brady for sacrificing for the greater good of the team.

Archived