Jets Cash Again

Cornfed

I know I've posted about this a few times and I don't want to come across as a shill, but I think this Jets cash thing is turning out pretty OK so far.  I still wear the lanyard with my tickets (does this make me a DB?  I have no fashion or coolness sense at this point in my life, so I truly don't know).  But wearing the lanyards I can pay merely by leaning forward and pressing the rewards card against the reader, which is better than fumbling with cash or cards.  Again, not changing my life, but it is inarguably easier than removing one's wallet, taking out card or cash, etc.

Side note - I also now save a little money by tipping less often.  I know this makes me a DB, but for instance I get a beer and tap the card, sometimes I forget to take out a dollar or whatever tip.  But I digress....

We got a bunch of rewards for signing up, for using Mastercard, for buying at movie night (I think), for doing auto-refill, and perhaps a few others.  I just noticed we got a random $5 goodwill or something reward late Sept.  And then I auto-refilled and got another 5% reward on the refill amount.  I think I'll play right into their hands and up my auto-refill amount to increase my next reward.

Now I realize the Jets are profiling me now.  They may abuse and sell my info.  Hopefully they won't get hacked and Apple pay and the like are certainly better.  But I'm enjoying the free cash.  The $5 and $3.10 unexpected bonuses will pay for 2/3 of my next stadium beer - woohoo!  Still incredibly pricey to eat and drink inside, but if you're going to do it, seems like a way to make it a little easier and a little less expensive.

One other side note - what a game last Sunday!  I was debating going as I was in Europe over the weekend for work.  Wound up wimping out since I had long work days on Monday-Weds after a super long week the week before.  I wound up watching for free in HD online with a free trial of Season Pass from the NFL, which they offer overseas but I believe not in the US.

I think the use of the lanyard and the card make you a smart and fashionable DB.

I don't wear a jersey at the games and the lanyard displays the Jet's logo and the colors quite nicely without going over the top.

The lanyard will also impress the other pretentious, pseudo wealthy, self absorbed DBs that make fun of the upper deckers and drink champagne in the parking lot with their pinkies raised.

I'd rather be in your DB club than the latter one. 

I like the lanards since they're easy. I just grab them running out the door to games, don't have to stuff a ticket in my wallet and pull it out awkwardly occasionally, etc. I like when I notice folks in my section wearing theirs since I know they're (at least very probably) fellow season ticket holders like me.  This means they're probably at least a little bit crazy and fanatical about this team and the live NFL football experience watching this team, just like me!

wait, you tipped at the concession stand? I've never done that. I would tip the guys carrying the beer through the sections, but not at the stand itself. 

I don't use jets cash for the simple reason is that I got a Jets mastercard in June for the sole purpose of using it at games. I don't spend a lot of money at games, usually up to $20, but in the past would bring a great deal of cash with me. Now that cash stays at home and I pay the balance on the card off each month. 

It's also nice because I get double points for every NFL related purchase which includes concessions, tickets, stadium shop, whatever and 20 percent off at NFLshop.com

Yeah, I've always tipped a dollar per beer purchase since...forever (yes...I am a flashy tipper with my dollar...).

At cash bars lately I'll tip a dollar or two since I figure inflation must have made my dollar inappropriately small over the years.  Note - at this point of my life I don't go to many "pay as you go" cash bars. I'm talking mostly about weddings or Stan's once or twice per year after a Yankee game.

Mostly, I'll have drinks along with dinner or happy hour or something and we have a tab and just tip 20% on that at the end of the evening.

Interesting regarding the MasterCard.  The MasterCard I'm using gives me the lowest amount of rewards of the cards I use.  Note - I'm not criticizing yours or any other MasterCard....just happens that the one I have doesn't give as many....it's one I've had for a billion years and hadn't used til I used it to sign up for auto refill.  Maybe you're getting a better deal with that card without the jets cash.

I usually buy 1-3 beers per game but no food (as the jets will soon infer via their analytics). Last few games I've been to I didn't tailgate and took my kid. So there were hot dogs, pretzels, and cookies involved....

Yeah, I've always tipped a dollar per beer purchase since...forever (yes...I am a flashy tipper with my dollar...).

At cash bars lately I'll tip a dollar or two since I figure inflation must have made my dollar inappropriately small over the years.  Note - at this point of my life I don't go to many "pay as you go" cash bars. I'm talking mostly about weddings or Stan's once or twice per year after a Yankee game.

Mostly, I'll have drinks along with dinner or happy hour or something and we have a tab and just tip 20% on that at the end of the evening.

Interesting regarding the MasterCard.  The MasterCard I'm using gives me the lowest amount of rewards of the cards I use.  Note - I'm not criticizing yours or any other MasterCard....just happens that the one I have doesn't give as many....it's one I've had for a billion years and hadn't used til I used it to sign up for auto refill.  Maybe you're getting a better deal with that card without the jets cash.

I usually buy 1-3 beers per game but no food (as the jets will soon infer via their analytics). Last few games I've been to I didn't tailgate and took my kid. So there were hot dogs, pretzels, and cookies involved....

That's interesting, I consider myself a good tipper at bars, but ive never thought about doing it at concessions. 

I could be getting screwed with the Mastercard, but since I pay off the balance each month I don't worry about interest rates or any of that. I currently get 1 point per dollar spent. So a $7 water at Quick Check give me 7 points. If I buy that same $7 water at Metlife, I get 14 points. I dont buy a lot at the stadium, usually just a soda and maybe a hotdog in the fourth quarter if I'm starving, but that makes it easy just to pay the card off each month. I have used it a couple times for rounds of golf, but that's cause I didn't not want to use it during the off season. 

wait, you tipped at the concession stand? I've never done that. I would tip the guys carrying the beer through the sections, but not at the stand itself. 

I don't use jets cash for the simple reason is that I got a Jets mastercard in June for the sole purpose of using it at games. I don't spend a lot of money at games, usually up to $20, but in the past would bring a great deal of cash with me. Now that cash stays at home and I pay the balance on the card off each month. 

It's also nice because I get double points for every NFL related purchase which includes concessions, tickets, stadium shop, whatever and 20 percent off at NFLshop.com

You seriously don't tip those workers? Interesting.

Archived