Antonio Cromartie: Odell Beckham 'a one-year wonder'

jgb

No, what he said is clear and obvious trash talking. And to do so - while on a down year himself - is entirely consistent with Cromartie's dumb ass.

Now had he said, "Well, he had that record-breaking rookie year and has plenty of talent, but after only 1 full season it's too early to put him in the same class of receivers as top guys who have done it repeatedly." THAT would have been "hardly trash talking" on Cro's part.

Calling him a one year wonder is absolutely trash talking. It's an insult. He's saying Beckham is not really as good as the hype of his own rookie season, not just that he doesn't consider him to be on the Bryant-Brown-Megatron level yet.

Not rating him in the top three because he's only done it for one year seems eminently reasonable to me.  Maybe he shouldn't go on those sports shows because they ask his opinion and he isn't shy about giving it, but I would disagree that this is trash talking.  He said he had the utmost respect for Beckham and then compared him to Randy Moss for the best production he had ever seen in  a 16 game season.  Wow, that is some insult. 

No, what he said is clear and obvious trash talking. And to do so - while on a down year himself - is consistent with Cromartie's dumb ass.

Now had he said, "Well, he had that record-breaking rookie year and has plenty of talent, but after only 1 full season it's too early to put him in the same class of receivers as top guys who have done it repeatedly." THAT would have been "hardly trash talking" on Cro's part.

Calling him a one year wonder is absolutely trash talking. It's an insult. He's saying Beckham is not really as good as the hype of his own rookie season, not just that he doesn't consider him to be on the Bryant-Brown-Megatron level yet.

what if it is true ?

Cromartie is a walking corpse and couldn't hold Beckham under 15 catches if he was tethered to his hip. Criminally retarded.

Beckham would abuse Cromartie, unfortunately. But Revis and Marcus Williams can hold him down no problem.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with Cro saying he needs to do it more than one year.  That up to this point its only one year.  

As if the dream we have that Cro couldn't cover him or not somehow makes the statement right or wrong.

Not rating him in the top three because he's only done it for one year seems eminently reasonable to me.  Maybe he shouldn't go on those sports shows because they ask his opinion and he isn't shy about giving it, but I would disagree that this is trash talking.  He said he had the utmost respect for Beckham and then compared him to Randy Moss for the best production he had ever seen in  a 16 game season.  Wow, that is some insult. 

what if it is true ?

Cro saying he still thinks others have proven they're better, after only 1 season of Beckham, and leaving it at that, would have been a non-story. 

Cro saying Beckham was a 1 year wonder is Cro taking a shot at him (i.e. trash talking). 

Cro saying he still thinks others have proven they're better, after only 1 season of Beckham, and leaving it at that, would have been a non-story. 

Cro saying Beckham was a 1 year wonder is Cro taking a shot at him (i.e. trash talking). 

Pesonally, I don't think Cro meant any harm in spirit. He just used a common phrase inappropriately. He's not the most articulate person in the world.

With that said, his best move would have been to avoid the question altogether. No need to discuss other players around the league especially from an opposing team later in the season.

Rex residue. It will discipate in a year or two

Lol sure it is. Never mind that he hasn't played for Rex in 2 seasons, and in Cro's last season under Rex he would have no cause to trash talk anyone as one of the NFL's worst CBs.

This is now Cromartie's 2nd consecutive season playing under Bowles so the idea that it takes a little over a year away from Ryan suggests that Bowles isn't discouraging this any more than Rex. And even including the players who were here last year, Cro (who is 2 seasons removed from Ryan) is the only one still setting fires like this. So if you see the comments as a negative and want to pin it on a coach rather than on a player, then it's on the coach he's playing under for his 2nd straight season: Bowles.

Me? I choose to blame a 31 year old man for his own words and actions. 

Archived