The College Football Game Day Thread

Maxman

On 10/29/2016 at 6:20 PM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

gators d looks awesome. i know uga isnt great this year and have a freshman qb but if we can hold the lead, this is a big win for mcelwain, del rio and company. 

The Gators D has been outright dominate outside of one half of Football.  Unfortunately, that was one really important half of Football.  Tenn. losing to Muscramp is laughable and the door is now wide open for the Gators to get blown out by Bama again in the SEC champ game.

On 10/29/2016 at 6:41 PM, Lith said:

You are being charitable when you say we aren't great.  This is a bad football team.  Defense is playing pretty well, but the offense and special teams have been dreadful.  How many 3 and outs have we had followed by a 30 yard punt.  On the rare occasions when Eason has guys open, he misses them consistently, or does not even look there way.  Our O line cant run block or pass block.  Florida defense is great, but this is what our offense has looked like against just about any above average defense this season.  Totally inept.

I don't know which is more painful, watching this offense on Saturdays or the Jets on Sundays.

The only time anyone was getting open on Sat. were on break down plays were Eason extended the play with his feet. Those 2 drops at the end of the half were brutal. Otherwise, everyone was covered like a blanket in the secondary.  Nobody was open.  

I had the pleasure of sitting on the UGA side line this game (I never change my seats because I like the shade haha).  And I was shocked at how down some of the fans were getting on Eason and Smart.  Shocked.  I'm sitting here listening to them all complain and I'm like, I'd literally run on the field and streak naked to get Eason on our team.  That kid is really going to be something else.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

The only time anyone was getting open on Sat. were on break down plays were Eason extended the play with his feet. Those 2 drops at the end of the half were brutal. Otherwise, everyone was covered like a blanket in the secondary.  Nobody was open.  

I had the pleasure of sitting on the UGA side line this game (I never change my seats because I like the shade haha).  And I was shocked at how down some of the fans were getting on Eason and Smart.  Shocked.  I'm sitting here listening to them all complain and I'm like, I'd literally run on the field and streak naked to get Eason on our team.  That kid is really going to be something else.

Eason has struggled with his accuracy all season.  Don't remember the specific plays from Saturday's games, but I remember him having a couple of opportunities to make big plays in the first half, and he missed, which has been a theme all season.  I am not ready to give up on the kid, but his lack of accuracy -- consistently overthrowing open receivers -- is a worrisome trend that he has to get cleaned up quickly.

I hope you are right about his future, because this season has been disappointing.

Meanwhile, you guys pretty much have the East sewn up -- I mean can anybody really take Kentucky seriously as a challenger.  Hopefully we can take care of them for you this weekend

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Eason has struggled with his accuracy all season.  Don't remember the specific plays from Saturday's games, but I remember him having a couple of opportunities to make big plays in the first half, and he missed, which has been a theme all season.  I am not ready to give up on the kid, but his lack of accuracy -- consistently overthrowing open receivers -- is a worrisome trend that he has to get cleaned up quickly.

I hope you are right about his future, because this season has been disappointing.

Meanwhile, you guys pretty much have the East sewn up -- I mean can anybody really take Kentucky seriously as a challenger.  Hopefully we can take care of them for you this weekend

He's a baby playing behind a terrible OL.  He'll get better.  He's got all the physical tools.  

He's made some HUGE throws for you guys.  The touch pass for the win vs. Mizzu.  The should have been TD for the win vs. Tenn.

He's got it.  I'm worried.  Lets just put it that way. 

5 hours ago, faba said:

Texas A& M as one of the 4 playoff teams in first ranking- what do we think about that?

Not sure how they are ranked ahead of an unbeaten Washington team.  

That said, plenty of time for things to shake out over the next 5 or 6 weeks.  It is hard to imagine that they would stay where they are if Alabama runs the table and wins the SEC West -- how can a team that doesn't even win its Division earn the right to play for a National title.

6 hours ago, faba said:

Texas A& M as one of the 4 playoff teams in first ranking- what do we think about that?

I think the committee wanted to make a splash with the release of the rankings.  Like Lith said, it's college Football.  That top 4 will change.  

The other rationale is that Bama is so heads and shoulders above everyone else that maybe they're looking at A&M's body of work still being that much better than UW who plays nobody.  Stanford isnt what everyone thought they'd be and Utah is Utah.  The Pac 10 is irrelevant with the death of Oregon so maybe it's just a matter of conference play too.

The unfortunate part for UW is that if this is the true opinion of the committee, they've got nothing but a last game of the year vs. a 25th ranked Wash St to help their case.  That's not good and they'll probably lose.  

Clemson has nothing left except a lay up championship game vs. either Va Tech or UNC.

Bama has LSU, the Iron Bowl and the SEC Championship game (hopefully the Gators) but are they losing anyone of those games?  Doubt it.

A&M have Ole Miss and LSU left.  They'll lose again IMO.

Here's my rub...who the **** has Michigan played?  I know they've been dominant but how is their schedule any different than UW?  It's the same sh*t every year with that conference.  All they have left is a trip to the Horse Shoe. For a grand total of 2 ranked teams on the entire year!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a joke.

When it's all said and done?

Bama, Michigan, Clemson and that 4 spot is a mystery.  I could see UW getting in there when it's all said and done.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think the committee wanted to make a splash with the release of the rankings.  Like Lith said, it's college Football.  That top 4 will change.  

The other rationale is that Bama is so heads and shoulders above everyone else that maybe they're looking at A&M's body of work still being that much better than UW who plays nobody.  Stanford isnt what everyone thought they'd be and Utah is Utah.  The Pac 10 is irrelevant with the death of Oregon so maybe it's just a matter of conference play too.

The unfortunate part for UW is that if this is the true opinion of the committee, they've got nothing but a last game of the year vs. a 25th ranked Wash St to help their case.  That's not good and they'll probably lose.  

Clemson has nothing left except a lay up championship game vs. either Va Tech or UNC.

Bama has LSU, the Iron Bowl and the SEC Championship game (hopefully the Gators) but are they losing anyone of those games?  Doubt it.

A&M have Ole Miss and LSU left.  They'll lose again IMO.

Here's my rub...who the **** has Michigan played?  I know they've been dominant but how is their schedule any different than UW?  It's the same sh*t every year with that conference.  All they have left is a trip to the Horse Shoe. For a grand total of 2 ranked teams on the entire year!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a joke.

When it's all said and done?

Bama, Michigan, Clemson and that 4 spot is a mystery.  I could see UW getting in there when it's all said and done.

Agreed on all accounts, but what I really want to see is LSU (in death Valley), Auburn or whoever is in the SEC championship hand them their one loss and just totally c*ck up the rankings.   

20 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

del rio is god awful

@JiF

u need to win a game and your choices are treon harris, del rio, or fitz. who u got

Lmfao - prob Fitz.  Haha

I don't know that gators were ever for real with that offense.  So I wasn't surprised at all yesterday.  

On 11/7/2016 at 7:28 AM, faba said:

Well wash will move in to 4th spot- Them against Wash St for Pac 10 championship it looks like both undefeated in conference

We will see if USC has anything to say about that tonight.  

And, down goes Clemson!!!

On November 14, 2016 at 8:44 AM, faba said:

Well this weekend shook it all up. Victor of Mich Ohio St will be one Alabama for sure do not see them losing , and then you pick

If the victor of the OSU-MU game is OSU, then neither of those 2 teams will be Conference participants, and obviously not champions. Hard to place either in the final 4 then over what may be a deserving WU or PSU.

• 9 months later...
On 11/2/2016 at 11:34 AM, Lith said:

Not sure how they are ranked ahead of an unbeaten Washington team.  

That said, plenty of time for things to shake out over the next 5 or 6 weeks.  It is hard to imagine that they would stay where they are if Alabama runs the table and wins the SEC West -- how can a team that doesn't even win its Division earn the right to play for a National title.

Hindsight lol

Opening weekend for college ball. Looking to see what Herman can do with the roster he inherited. Hoping my Horns get a nice W against the Terps.

UF and Michigan, and Bama/FSU are the two other games I'm looking forward to watching this weekend.

who y'all got?

Archived