Jets and Mets constantly screwed

johnnyjet

Really cant really see that he did or didnt get the bag with his toe but they ruled he didn't?  Didnt give Tejada the neighborhood play and gave second to a runner who never touched second and took an out off the board.  To a runner who went out of the basepath to take out a fielder.  An amazingly bad job, could have called interference, given them 2 outs and the Mets would be sitting on a lead 

Not just because I'm a fan of both but does either team ever get a call.  I mean cmon, the neighborhood play is now gone really?  FML! 

Im now an official hater of whomever we play!

Instant replay kind of changes things around big time.

That said this really wasn't the neighborhood play, I don't think they allow you to review that. But when it is a poor through that causes the fielder to miss the bag, apparently they are going to call the runner safe.

I know everyone was screaming that Utley never touched the bag. But once the ump said out, Utley really doesn't have to touch the bag.

Like I said, instant replay is definitely a game changer.

Just announced he has a fractured right fibula.  Nice

I have watched like 8 billion baseball games in my lifetime so far.

This is the first one that I saw a cart and air cast used on the field. Terrible news.

Really cant really see that he did or didnt get the bag with his toe but they ruled he didn't?  Didnt give Tejada the neighborhood play and gave second to a runner who never touched second and took an out off the board.  To a runner who went out of the basepath to take out a fielder.  An amazingly bad job, could have called interference, given them 2 outs and the Mets would be sitting on a lead 

he did not even begin to slide until he was even with the bag.  He hit Tejada before his butt ever reached the ground.  It was a rolling body block and I thought the league banned those back in the day when Bill Madlock was maiming middle infielders.

Professional sports are getting worse by the year. Been a die hard Mets and Jets fan since the late 70's. Watching the officiating in the NFL, and its very clear bias towards a team, and watching the crap that went on in the Mets game last  night, along with rediculously one sided strike zones, is really making me question my passion for pro sports.

I will never forget when my father told me that pro wrestling was fake, I literally never watched it again. I am getting closer and closer to that point with both baseball and football.

If that was not base runner interference, you would have to explain to me what the fk is, because that was as clear of interference as it gets. Not only do they not get the interference call, they overturn the out call by the ump, when the base runner never touched the bag, because he was not trying to, he was interfering. You cannot make this sh!t up, absolutely disgusting on every level.

exactly what Cuddyer correctly called it

Here's the truth of things, there are two groups of people who are trying to analyze this; fans who want to over-analyze, and people who have actually seen Chase Utley play baseball before. And anyone who thinks he wasn't trying to injure him falls into the former. 

Here's the truth of things, there are two groups of people who are trying to analyze this; fans who want to over-analyze, and people who have actually seen Chase Utley play baseball before. And anyone who thinks he wasn't trying to injure him falls into the former. 

There's a third group, the ex ballplayers, like Sheffield, who refuse to say anything negative about one of their own.  

Not only does Utley have a long standing history of playing dirty, he's done this before to Tejada.  Not quite as bad then, he slid late and hit him first, behind the bag just as last night but last night he also went way out to the outfield side of the bag.  Utley is a middle infielder who knows right from wrong, he sure as shlt knows what he did was dirty.  Will be interesting if Harvey burries a pitch into a few Dodger batters will they continue to hide behind "its old school baseball",  whine its wrong or better yet charge the mound forgetting that "old school baseball" means they should take their hits from Harvey and move on.

We need Harvey to shut them down Monday- we need the win foremost- we can get payback by winning the series Beat LA

Unfortunately, I agree...

Would love to see Utley get hit with a Harvey fastball, but just can't afford to do it.  next year he should get clocked every time he gets up...

They can regulate it by leg/foot height of the slider and where the slide starts relative to the plane between the base attempted and that of the next base/plate.

They need to do it this winter. Enough injury already. 

Archived