Would You Trade Leonard Williams For Mariota?

TuscanyTile2

Luck was as close to a sure thing coming out of the draft as there is.  Mariotta was not and is not.  I like Mariotta.  He is clearly an NFL QB.  Williams otoh is already the real deal.  Depending on contracts and such he'll be a Jet for life.  Until we make a final determination on Geno we're not in position to "sell out".   

Luck was as close to a sure thing coming out of the draft as there is.  Mariotta was not and is not.  I like Mariotta.  He is clearly an NFL QB.  Williams otoh is already the real deal.  Depending on contracts and such he'll be a Jet for life.  Until we make a final determination on Geno we're not in position to "sell out".   

I hope the determination has been made not sure what other evidence is needed to know within a reasonable degree of certainty that geno is a bum. the odds of him becoming a mature leader who can read defenses and live up to his physical talent are powerballesque.

I would trade Leonard Williams for Jameis but not for Mariota.  

Jameis is a stud.

Mariota is average at best.

Has Jameis been good so far?  I haven't really watched. I know ASJ is injured so that takes away a weapon of his.  Doug Martin seems to be back though.

I would not make that trade, but, I would make a mid round  ( 3rd ) pick offer for his backup Zack Mettenberger who has a cannon for an arm . That fits in very well when the wind picks up as winter approaches. That kid can play and is better than what we currently have  , and what will enter the draft .

I hope the determination has been made not sure what other evidence is needed to know within a reasonable degree of certainty that geno is a bum. the odds of him becoming a mature leader who can read defenses and live up to his physical talent are powerballesque.

This attitude puzzles me.  Educated consensus was that Geno should not have started as a rookie.  Actually with Luck being the exception, most rookie QB's should be learning from the bench.  Year two he had the worst   WR corps in the league, MM as an OC who badly misused Chris Johnson, and Rex who insisted on wildcat plays.

Further, Geno can make all the throws and he seemed to be picking things up at the end of 2014 and on thru preseason.  To say the jury is already in on him, with no doubt whatsoever, is premature.       

This attitude puzzles me.  Educated consensus was that Geno should not have started as a rookie.  Actually with Luck being the exception, most rookie QB's should be learning from the bench.  Year two he had the worst   WR corps in the league, MM as an OC who badly misused Chris Johnson, and Rex who insisted on wildcat plays.

Further, Geno can make all the throws and he seemed to be picking things up at the end of 2014 and on thru preseason.  To say the jury is already in on him, with no doubt whatsoever, is premature.       

30 games. worst QB in NFL. it's over, or at least a reasonable conclusion could be made it's over. If he was a Dolphin no Jets fans would fear he would suddenly become good. Objectivity is required here.

So every rookie QB should come in and play lights out right away?  Or can we discount some of those 30 games?  So every 2nd year QB should play lights out regardless of how badly the GM/HC/OC screw him over re skilled players and offensive game plan?  

Geno showed improvement end 2014 start 2015.  How much improvement is anybodies guess.  My guess is he's worth a shot before we "sell out" and trade our sure thing DL for another hopeful at QB.  Let's see what we have first.  It's not like this is our last chance ever to acquire a QB.        

Has Jameis been good so far?  I haven't really watched. I know ASJ is injured so that takes away a weapon of his.  Doug Martin seems to be back though.

Jameis looked great yesterday vs. the Jaguars.  Granted its only the jags but Jameis can really do it all.  

So every rookie QB should come in and play lights out right away?  Or can we discount some of those 30 games?  So every 2nd year QB should play lights out regardless of how badly the GM/HC/OC screw him over re skilled players and offensive game plan?  

Geno showed improvement end 2014 start 2015.  How much improvement is anybodies guess.  My guess is he's worth a shot before we "sell out" and trade our sure thing DL for another hopeful at QB.  Let's see what we have first.  It's not like this is our last chance ever to acquire a QB.        

Yeah it's only been 45 years, what's another lifetime.

Archived