WSH Impressions

Patriot Killa

They are in OT with the undefeated Falcons 

They have played close in a lot of games and kirk is pretty decent so far. I still think we cab pull it off but we can't just call this an easy W off the bat. Getting our guys healthy and getting Richardson back will be great but we can't let this one slip through our hands.. The rest of our division is still winning... Besides Miami 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I said it somewhere over the past couple weeks, the Redskins are finding scrappy ways to win games.

One week at a time.

Up here in New England, the Pats fans are already talking about how there is no team on their schedule that can stop them from being 16-0, because no Romo and bad Luck don't present a challenge for them. These ****s deserves the worst variety of football karma backlash.

Watched them lose to ATL in overtime, here's what I saw:

Offense

- Everything revolves around their running game and they rotate
three backs (Morris, Jones & Thompson)

- WSH OLine appears to have solidified since earlier in the 
season

- Their passing game starts with their RB's also as they have Cousins
dink & dunk to them before he goes downfield

- Cousins downfield options are Garcon & Crowder.  Jackson & Reed are
still out with injuries

- How much must Gruden "hate" Griffin because Cousins is just as 
erratic/inaccurate as he was in the NYG game.  He lost it in OT
because he threw directly to a CB about three yards behind his WR

Defense

- They appear to be a hybrid 3-4 defense that shifts into a 4-3 at
times

- Their biggest playmakers are in their front (Hatcher, Knighton,
Kerrigan & Murphy)

- WSH appears very pedestrian in their back seven.  If you're 
patient and don't force the ball to a particular player you can
have your way with them.  ATL struggled because Ryan was trying
to feed Jones all day and WSH got some INT's

- They appear very leaky in their run defense because Freeman
stomped them for over 150 yards

- If ATL made some very makeable FG's this game would've never 
went to OT

Attack Plan

- Run our "Triangle Offense" and emphasize to Fitzpatrick NOT to
force the ball to Marshall.  If WSH is rolling coverage to him
get it to Decker because he'll be open 

- Stop the run and make Cousins put the ball in the air.  With our
secondary we could get multiple picks 

- This is a good game for Richardson to come back because we can
really use his penetration to disrupt WSH running game

Washington will lose because their offense is inconsistent and our defense is rather consistent. 

Fitz/Ivory/Marshal/Decker can collectively put up 24 points on Washington's defense. I dont see Washington's offense putting up 25 points against the Jets defense. 

Jets win and go to 4-1. 

Sounds about right. Count me in.

Well, I live in DC...the Skins played today without their #1 and #2 CB..so they doubled the outside and made Atlanta win with the run.  It also helped Julio played with a bad hamstring and hankerson went out of the game with a rib injury...hence Ryan hitting Tamme over and over again.  Atl was playing with no WRs...

Couple things, Jones is a speedster and Morris is a pounder, so stop the run.  Cousins is a slightly better than the other Mich St QB he replaced in college, Brian Hoyer.  he doesn't have a great arm and relies on placement and has ZERO zip on his passes.  He relies on play action, bootlegs, and captain check downs.  He wont beat you deep.

However, the Redskins are scheduled to get DJax back for our game...which will change the dynamic greatly. If we make this team 1-dimensional, they're in trouble.

As for defense...the skins have one of the top run defenses in the NFL...I know it looked bad today, but because they OVER PLAYED the pass.  They gave up 78 yards per game rushing until this week when they lost their CBs and over played the pass.  Note: The Jets are #3 in YPG allowed, Skins are #4 (#2 vs the run).

Skins defense may not be a push over until the Jets pound and pound on them until it loosens up...but you can punish this offense into easy turnovers and capitalize.  This will likely be a "fairly" close game...something like 27-14... 

The stars seem aligned as the Redskins' weakness - QB play - can be eaten alive by our secondary and blitz packages.

yet, if Cuzs is a dink & dunker as prior have stated, our LBs will be exposed by the Redskins' SOLID STABLE of RBs in the flat and wheel routes ala the Iggles game. I believe we are the better team and it'll be interesting to see how Bowles has the team performing after a bye week and a puffing your chest victory over a division rival. 

The stars seem aligned as the Redskins' weakness - QB play - can be eaten alive by our secondary and blitz packages.

yet, if Cuzs is a dink & dunker as prior have stated, our LBs will be exposed by the Redskins' SOLID STABLE of RBs in the flat and wheel routes ala the Iggles game. I believe we are the better team and it'll be interesting to see how Bowles has the team performing after a bye week and a puffing your chest victory over a division rival. 

100% agree.  This is a team that you don't get cute.  You line up and smack them in the mouth till they give in; however, that's their plan too - pound you with Morris, Jones, and Thompson and take shots with Garçon, DJax, and Jordan Reed may be back for them also...and Reed is an ELITE TE when healthy...but he's never healthy.  The Redskins are very much like the Eagles when they limped in here.  There was no reason for us to lose to the Eagles.  Well, there no reason we can't shut the Redskins limited mess down, but it's Fitz and his 6 INTs in 4 games throws a bunch of picks moves more towards 2-3 int Game than 1 we've been able to live with (Matt Ryan just got picked twice at home versus scrubs) then we will be in for a nail biter.

- How much must Gruden "hate" Griffin because Cousins is just as 
erratic/inaccurate as he was in the NYG game.  He lost it in OT
because he threw directly to a CB about three yards behind his WR

The Redskins can't put RG3 on the field at all this year.  If he plays and suffers a season-ending injury, they owe him his full $16M+ next season, rather than simply being able to cut him in the offseason.  Thus he is a lame duck QB this year, with Colt McCoy serving as the backup.

100% agree.  This is a team that you don't get cute.  You line up and smack them in the mouth till they give in; however, that's their plan too - pound you with Morris, Jones, and Thompson and take shots with Garçon, DJax, and Jordan Reed may be back for them also...and Reed is an ELITE TE when healthy...but he's never healthy.  The Redskins are very much like the Eagles when they limped in here.  There was no reason for us to lose to the Eagles.  Well, there no reason we can't shut the Redskins limited mess down, but it's Fitz and his 6 INTs in 4 games throws a bunch of picks moves more towards 2-3 int Game than 1 we've been able to live with (Matt Ryan just got picked twice at home versus scrubs) then we will be in for a nail biter.

The Skins are nothing like the Eagles. The Eagles actually have some unique dimensions on their team offensively and the Eagles front 7 is pretty legit. This entire forum made mention to Darren Sproles and hoping that he doesnt beat us, because as fans of the Jets we understand that he's a skill player that we really dont have an answer for on defense. The Eagles changed up alot of their game planning that week along with the injury that ended up being a blessing in disguise with Demarco Murray. Our fears manifested as Sproles killed us almost every time he touched the ball. (This is why my main concern with the Pats is Dion Lewis). 

If Murray was healthy it would have taken away touches from Ryan Matthews and Sproles and we would probably won the game because of it. With that said, I dont see huge mismatches for the skins in areas that are also weaknesses in the Jets defense. At the end of the game Redskin players and fans will be looking a bit similar to this. 

CRFntX8WgAAZnlT.jpg

Archived