Show me......Mattttttt Stafford

Lego My Lageman

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My head just exploded!

After watching his game highlights from yesterday, I was literally thinking the same exact thing: Has Stafford worn out his welcome in Detroit? Wild they move him, if so who do they have that's better?

would we want to trade for that contract if it were possible? What is he worth since WE KNOW we have a GM who values picks immensely. 

Is Stafford worth the risk?  He is currently better than what we have now.

My head just exploded!

After watching his game highlights from yesterday, I was literally thinking the same exact thing: Has Stafford worn out his welcome in Detroit? Wild they move him, if so who do they have that's better?

would we want to trade for that contract if it were possible? What is he worth since WE KNOW we have a GM who values picks immensely. 

Is Stafford worth the risk?  He is currently better than what we have now.

I think we would do it, but the contract...... :(

We are quietly already in a bit of a squeeze regarding cap.  We can't take this risk, especially with the guy failing to do anything with Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate on his team.  No thanks.

those are the exact caveats I considered as Cons about Stafford. He also could be rather shell shocked ala Sanchez after playing behind such putrid OLines the past 6 years. 

Im a bit torn with the Stafford situation. On one side he's had all the help any QB would ever need on the offense. On the other side their defense has been suspect. Any team can put up 21 points on the Lions more often than not since he's been their QB. 

You cant just have a high powered offense. You need a defense. 

Im a bit torn with the Stafford situation. On one side he's had all the help any QB would ever need on the offense. On the other side their defense has been suspect. Any team can put up 21 points on the Lions more often than not since he's been their QB. 

You cant just have a high powered offense. You need a defense. 

they were #2 in YA and #3 in PA on D last year. 

Id rather stick w Fitz.  Stafford stinks.

Fitz is a FA after this season and a LT extension for a 33 year old SERVICEABLE journeyman QB is not the most astute roster move.

Geno has no credibility or team/fan/media respect. Petty may still be 2-3 years away from being capable to completely run the team. So who will be the 2016 starter?

Fitz is a FA after this season and a LT extension for a 33 year old SERVICEABLE journeyman QB is not the most astute roster move.

Geno has no credibility or team/fan/media respect. Petty may still be 2-3 years away from being capable to completely run the team. So who will be the 2016 starter?

Fitz won't get a long term deal, he would get a 1-2 year deal with the expectation he will likely be the backup at least one of those 2 years.

He makes more then Brady and the next 2 years he's over 20 million both years..  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/matthew-stafford/

How do you do it old friend. Sometimes I read this board and I feel like an old man having a conversation with a teenager about life.  I don't post much anymore because the vast majority are not worth having a conversation with.

How do you do it old friend.

How do you do it old friend. Sometimes I read this board and I feel like an old man having a conversation with a teenager about life.  I don't post much anymore because the vast majority are not worth having a conversation with.

How do you do it old friend.

LOL I used to have a agency for brain dead exotic dancers if I could deal with them I can deal with this board..:)

If the team is thinking 'superbowl' then Stafford isn't the guy.

I have gotten some sh*t for suggesting this, but i'd take Brees. Sean Payton won't coach the Saints next year, and there is a good chance they clean house and start from square 1. You know we'll get 24+ pts a game with Brees, no sweat.

He has got a few good years left, and we won't be giving up an arm and a leg to get him either.

If the team is thinking 'superbowl' then Stafford isn't the guy.

I have gotten some sh*t for suggesting this, but i'd take Brees. Sean Payton won't coach the Saints next year, and there is a good chance they clean house and start from square 1. You know we'll get 24+ pts a game with Brees, no sweat.

If Petty isn't ready and Geno is a Gee No will Mac tease with Bree's?? He'll be 37 this January so his window is closing but Brady is older and still going so it's not the worst idea I've heard..

If Petty isn't ready and Geno is a Gee No will Mac tease with Bree's?? He'll be 37 this January so his window is closing but Brady is older and still going so it's not the worst idea I've heard..

Its practical. Its either that, or draft another QB.

And we're a 9-7 team at worst, so good QBs aren't gonna fall to us. Unless we trade up, Cleveland Browns style.

Judging by what I see, ya'll haters might need to start preparing for Fitz to be our QB again in '16. Lot can happen between now and then but it's probably most likely scenario as we sit here today.

Who hates Fitzmagic?? OK maybe the punchy Geno crowd but at 3-1 how can you hate him?? At least any fair fan would let him crap the bed first..

Fitz won't get a long term deal, he would get a 1-2 year deal with the expectation he will likely be the backup at least one of those 2 years.

I'm agreeable to that. Yet we are in the same boat as before of a very murky QB situation which is a shame to be in with this formidable defense. 

I'm agreeable to that. Yet we are in the same boat as before of a very murky QB situation which is a shame to be in with this formidable defense. 

it is what it is, we cannot magically acquire a franchise QB.  the hop is that Petty has shown something and can develop into that guy, if not they keep trying in the draft.

This may sound crazy but if we can get Kaepernick on the cheap now I'd still be interested in taking a chance on him.  Not saying he's necessarily the answer for us but it's possible he can get back to his early-career form.  And he'll be an upgrade for us in the meantime.  I think he would play better on a team that needed less from him.  The Jets have a lot of good pieces to the point where Kaep wouldn't have to try to carry the team.

This may sound crazy but if we can get Kaepernick on the cheap now I'd still be interested in taking a chance on him.  Not saying he's necessarily the answer for us but it's possible he can get back to his early-career form.  And he'll be an upgrade for us in the meantime.  I think he would play better on a team that needed less from him.  The Jets have a lot of good pieces to the point where Kaep wouldn't have to try to carry the team.

Kaep's weapons aren't that bad. O-line? Not sure. 

As a flyer? Sure.  At his salary?  Absolutely not.   

He's an OK to Good QB that got his stats inflated by having the most dominant WR in the game at the time playing for him, just throwing up lobs to him, even though he has a great arm.  Infact, even in college, I believe he played with AJ Green and then lucked into Megatron.  His stats are inflated because they would lose so much, and he would have garbage time stats to pad his totals.   

To me, he's Jay Cutler with better weapons.  One or Two games a season, he's going to be on and lead you to a victory as much as possible.  But other days he needs the stars around him.  If he wasn't getting paid like a superstar, then I would take a shot on him.  

Archived