Defensive fronts, snaps and Sheldons return

Lego My Lageman

I want to hear all of your insight on how the Jets will use and possibly keep Richardson, Wilkerson, Harrison, Williams on the field at the same time. Also, Maudin got more snaps the last game than Coples. I dont understand how Coples sees much time at all now. It seems our base defense is going to be dictated game by game & team by team but more than likely is some sort of 4-2-5 as Skrine is always on the field. What ya think? 

I honestly dont know, Bowles has already made some decisions I could have sworn would be different ie; Coples at OLB.

Does Sheldon even get a full run this game?  Or does he come in and spell Williams from time to time?  Do you do that to Williams?  He's getting better each game and reducing his snaps wont help.

Not sure if this a Bowles thing to do but playing a 5-2 could be the ticket vs. a team that wants to establish the run with a Qb who will turn the ball over.  Look something like:

Williams, Coples, MO, Snacks, Sheldon - Harris/Davs/Skrine - Revis, Cro, Gilchrest, Pryor - that could be nasty!!!

I love Bowles, he's testing Coples & we'll all get to see how he responds. When guys come out of college with flags they take plays off the question needs to be asked, "why would you think AFTER you give them a HUGE paycheck would those habits would change?"

Some guys do change, sometimes they need some humility to change their ways. Nothing like having your family & friends asking, "why are you only playing 7 snaps?" I'm sure Bowles theory is give him less snaps & tell him you want 100% on those snaps. You can't hide in the NFL, the film doesn't lie.

Put Sheldon, Mo and Williams on a bit of a rotation. 

Does 2 things.  Keeps all 3 fresh, and all 3 motivated.  "Oh, you are too tired to make that play, why don't you sit for a few minutes, we'll give your snaps to someone else."

For pass rushing, move Mo or Sheldon inside, go 4-2-5 or even 4-1-6, let them race to the QB.

Does 2 things.  Keeps all 3 fresh, and all 3 motivated.  "Oh, you are too tired to make that play, why don't you sit for a few minutes, we'll give your snaps to someone else."

For pass rushing, move Mo or Sheldon inside, go 4-2-5 or even 4-1-6, let them race to the QB.

I could see a 5 - 1 - 5 implemented on passing downs.  

Edit:  Pryor in the middle, GilChrist playing center field, and our CB's playing press coverage.  

I love Bowles, he's testing Coples & we'll all get to see how he responds. When guys come out of college with flags they take plays off the question needs to be asked, "why would you think AFTER you give them a HUGE paycheck would those habits would change?"

Some guys do change, sometimes they need some humility to change their ways. Nothing like having your family & friends asking, "why are you only playing 7 snaps?" I'm sure Bowles theory is give him less snaps & tell him you want 100% on those snaps. You can't hide in the NFL, the film doesn't lie.

Is he testing Kerley also??

This also has the added advantage of removing Damario Davis from the field!

I expect to see an increase in 4 down lineman looks.  In
addition I expect to see 5 down lineman looks where we
accentuate our strengths (DLine & secondary) and take our
LB's off the field (5-0-6).  Wouldn't be shocked if Bowles
unveils that look against NE because that's how you have to
attack their offense

Sounds cool, but who tackles Gronk?  By the end of the game we'd have 3 DBs out with concussions and separated shoulders.

I expect to see an increase in 4 down lineman looks.  In
addition I expect to see 5 down lineman looks where we
accentuate our strengths (DLine & secondary) and take our
LB's off the field (5-0-6).  Wouldn't be shocked if Bowles
unveils that look against NE because that's how you have to
attack their offense

in a 56 it would be 3 CB's, and 3 Safties, 1 of the DL guys would be Coples who can drop into a zone coverage while a Skrine, or Pryor blitz, so many things Bowles can do, he could put Harris, or Davis as down lineman, and have the option to drop them in coverage, or rush, craziness, glad we have a creative coach.

Great Post and quite frankly something I hadn't thought of before!!!

Archived