Mo Wilkerson injured vs. Miami

Jets RE Muhammad Wilkerson is undergoing X-rays on his ribs.

Wilkerson suffered the injury in New York's Week 4 win over the Dolphins, but apparently concealed it from the coaching staff during the team's bye week. Wilkerson missed three games with a toe issue last season, but had previously never missed a game. We suspect he'll be fine for Week 6.

These guys play in pain all the time I would imagine.  He might not have figured the rib was broken and figured he's just ease on thru it.  These guys are warriors and don't want to be seen as whimping.  Comes with the territory.  Nothing to see here.

• Upvote 1

I was also going to mention how it's NOT A GOOD PATTERN that 2 KEY players have kept rather material/important information from the Jets, ie. THEIR EMPLOYERS. These young guys are not getting good guidance and counseling. 

I can see WHY Mo would feel it compromises his contract year, but shows poor judgement to try to rough it out. They (under team's staff) could have began treatment PRIOR to the bye week as opposed to NOW start treatment on a shorter time table. 

Sucks, but it happens. I just see poor judgement on Mo's part for non-disclosure. Only further aggravating because its the SECOND time it's happened within 3 months to the NEW regime. 

Edited by Gas2No99

Do we know what "hiding" really means?

Maybe he was hurting after the game - but everyone is after every game, and he didn't tell anyone, because he didn't think it was a big deal.

After the week off, it's still hurting - so he tells the team.

What the heck does it mean to say he "apparently concealed it"??

I guess writers get bored during bye weeks too, just like fans...

• Upvote 4

Maybe he was hurting after the game - but everyone is after every game, and he didn't tell anyone, because he didn't think it was a big deal.

There is a small section of Jets fans who no matter what transpires is ever  ready to cast aspersions on the Jet player no matter what.  

Can guys just be sore as he is and not immediately knowing the full extent of their injury?  Of course it happened to me and it can happen to you and your not realizing that distinction doesn't make you a liar or a concealer of the truth or a moron.   

Just someone who made a mistake.   

Come on guys.    

• Upvote 1

There is a small section of Jets fans who no matter what transpires is ever  ready to cast aspersions on the Jet player no matter what.  

Can guys just be sore as he is and not immediately knowing the full extent of their injury?  Of course it happened to me and it can happen to you and your not realizing that distinction doesn't make you a liar or a concealer of the truth or a moron.   

Just someone who made a mistake.   

Come on guys.    

He didn't know his ribs hurt?? Come on CB..:rolleyes:

Sanity is unacceptable here. Go back to clenching your fists in outrage.

When will these guys grow up, if you're injured say that why hide from the coaching staff, that way you're getting treatment.  what the phuck is wrong with these boys, start acting like men grow the phuck up already.  geez .....

Leonard Williams. Contracts are on the line. Could also be because these guys play through so much pain all the time Wilk may not have understood how serious this injury could have been. 

Look at Teddy Bruschi, this dude slept through a stroke. Normal human beings dont do that. lol. 

Edited by Villain The Foe

I was also going to mention how it's NOT A GOOD PATTERN that 2 KEY players have kept rather material/important information from the Jets, ie. THEIR EMPLOYERS. These young guys are not getting good guidance and counseling. 

I can see WHY Mo would feel it compromises his contract year, but shows poor judgement to try to rough it out. They (under team's staff) could have began treatment PRIOR to the bye week as opposed to NOW start treatment on a shorter time table. 

Sucks, but it happens. I just see poor judgement on Mo's part for non-disclosure. Only further aggravating because its the SECOND time it's happened within 3 months to the NEW regime. 

What kind of treatment do you get for broken ribs?

They'll want to make sure there is no other damage, but you should be able to feel if your ribs are displaced.

He truly may not want to give the Jets an excuse to play Richardson, and Williamson together. I doubt they'll be as good without him as he does all the dirty work that makes them look good, but he's right to fear the possibility of being pip'ed.

What kind of treatment do you get for broken ribs?

They'll want to make sure there is no other damage, but you should be able to feel if your ribs are displaced.

He truly may not want to give the Jets an excuse to play Richardson, and Williamson together. I doubt they'll be as good without him as he does all the dirty work that makes them look good, but he's right to fear the possibility of being pip'ed.

Well that don't exactly say;I'm a team first guy..:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1