2015-16 NCAA Basketball

nyjunc

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best rivalry in sports resumes Wednesday as duke travels to Chapel Hill to face the Heels. Thanks to the officials allowing an incredible travel on saturday to help duke beat Uva they are ranked again so it's #20 vs. #5.  amazingly OU loses again this week and doesn't drop in the rankings, it's mind boggling.

On 2/16/2016 at 9:51 AM, nyjunc said:

The best rivalry in sports resumes Wednesday as duke travels to Chapel Hill to face the Heels. Thanks to the officials allowing an incredible travel on saturday to help duke beat Uva they are ranked again so it's #20 vs. #5.  amazingly OU loses again this week and doesn't drop in the rankings, it's mind boggling.

whats your excuse losing to a team with just 6 players and 1 got hurt during game.. Blame the refs huh

35 minutes ago, afosomf said:

whats your excuse losing to a team with just 6 players and 1 got hurt during game.. Blame the refs huh

First off, let's stop w/ the 6 player nonsense.  they play 6 BY CHOICE, they have McD's AAs on the bench b/c K cannot develop players.  I am so sick of the undermanned duke crying b/c they lost one role player to injury.  

Carolina blew it, for a duke game it was only about 60-40 in favor of duke w/ regards to the calls and that is all you can really ask for.  You can't allow a game to come down to a late no call, Berry was mugged on the game winning attempt but it's Carolina's fault for being in that situation.  No excuse to allow an inferior team to hang around all game and when that happens disaster can strike.  

Luckily it's mid February and not late March.  Roy's teams always get better the 2nd half of ACC play and I expect that to continue.  

55 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

First off, let's stop w/ the 6 player nonsense.  they play 6 BY CHOICE, they have McD's AAs on the bench b/c K cannot develop players.  I am so sick of the undermanned duke crying b/c they lost one role player to injury.  

Carolina blew it, for a duke game it was only about 60-40 in favor of duke w/ regards to the calls and that is all you can really ask for.  You can't allow a game to come down to a late no call, Berry was mugged on the game winning attempt but it's Carolina's fault for being in that situation.  No excuse to allow an inferior team to hang around all game and when that happens disaster can strike.  

Luckily it's mid February and not late March.  Roy's teams always get better the 2nd half of ACC play and I expect that to continue.  

seriously dude you are embarrassing yourself, Mugged LOL they played 5 guys in 2H, UNC is just a softee with zero heart. typical heels fan blames the refs instead of youe stupid coach

8 minutes ago, afosomf said:

seriously dude you are embarrassing yourself, Mugged LOL they played 5 guys in 2H, UNC is just a softee with zero heart. typical heels fan blames the refs instead of youe stupid coach

the game shouldn't come down to that play but berry was clearly fouled.  

Lost a similar game to duke in 2005 and then went on to win the Nat'l title.  Carolina gets better later in seasons, long way to go and the only one embarrassing here is the one that disappears when his team struggles then comes back to talk crap when his team wins.  those are the worst types of fans.

Tough loss Saturday at UVa but I believe in Carolina's 6 losses they are by a combined 22 pts.  that's amazing.  UVa hit their Fts, carolina did not, it was as simple as that and Malcom Brogdon is a great college player who does not get nearly enough respect.  Big week w/ senior night tonight and then the revenge game on saturday.  win these 2 and they win the ACC.

23 hours ago, afosomf said:

UNC is soft as butter

you mean they don't whine at every call? fake fouls to "sell the foul" have their coach curse out the refs every opportunity he gets? have dirty players?  Ok, I agree with you.  I wouldn't want a team/program that does that.  I love this group of players, one of my all time favorite teams and it will be fun watching them clinch the ACC in Hansbrough Indoor Sat evening.

• 2 weeks later...

I know we don't have a lot of interest in CBB on this board but the NCAA Tourney is the best in all of sports so here are my picks:

East Region:

1st rd:

North Carolina over play in winner

USC over Providence

Indiana over Chatanooga

UK over Stony Brook

ND over play in winner

SF Austin over WVU

Wisconsin over Pitt

Xavier over Weber State

2nd rd:

North Carolina over USC