What makes this years Deadskins better on defense?

Jetster

I don't follow the NFC really but the one thing I do know is the Redskins defense was one of the worst in the league last year!

They were horrible when I saw them. What did they add in the offseason? I'm seeing that CBs 1-3 are banged up even if they play & Deangelo Hall might not play? Any info on their LBs? I'm curious, are they fast? Big? I know they added Terence Knighten who's a load in the middle but that dude tires easy if you move the chains.  

Its looking to me that Gaileys spread offense is exactly what the doctor ordered playing the Redskins defense. Make those big boys less impactful & make them chase plays all over the field. I'd like to hear from some fans that have more insight on the Skins defense & how it went from one of the worst in the league to a team our offense should respect as some Jet fans have put it.

It's a bit of a facade because they're still giving up points.  They faced 2 inept offenses to start the season (Miami and St Louis), and since then have looked more like they did last year (over 25 points per game the last 3 weeks).  Last week their front 7 had its first poor game of the season as the Atlanta o-line and Devonta Freeman, much like they've done all year, ran all over them.  The D was on the field for 80 snaps last week. 

However, they're definitely forcing turnovers (6 total) and getting sacks (12).  If they shut down our running game we're in big trouble.  A balanced offensive effort will put up 21+ points against them.

Basically they've gone from a bottom 5-10 defense to a middle-of-the-pack defense.  Can't rest easy but they're not a "fixed" D yet.

Archived