Tyrod Taylor to miss multiple weeks ... reported by LaConforna

Integrity28

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this was inevitable with the way Taylor plays.  Most of these Michael Vick/RGIII types like Taylor end up missing significant time due to injuries.  It's just the natural result of their running and exposing themselves to more contact than pocket passers.  The teams that start these guys know this and have to be ready with depth on the bench.  (I do not consider EJ good quality depth, by the way.  Thank you Rex, for that.)

Someone in a recent post said this kid won't last the season running around like he is. Big difference between Cam Newton running & these small guys like Taylor & RG3. Now it's a catch 22, he'll be slightly worried to run but he's not good enough to sit in the pocket (the Vick dilemma). It'll screw him all up.

Bengals were gonna kill the Bills anyway but Manuel stinks so we just gotta keep on winning as the rest of the pack vying for a wildcard spot. Everything's falling into place.

Someone in a recent post said this kid won't last the season running around like he is. Big difference between Cam Newton running & these small guys like Taylor & RG3. Now it's a catch 22, he'll be slightly worried to run but he's not good enough to sit in the pocket (the Vick dilemma). It'll screw him all up.

Bengals were gonna kill the Bills anyway but Manuel stinks so we just gotta keep on winning as the rest of the pack vying for a wildcard spot. Everything's falling into place.

I think a lot of us have said it.  It is one thing to run sometimes for first downs, and another to play Gale Sayers out there.  They won last week because he is a great runner.  Otherwise they lose.  But pro offenses cannot put their eggs in that basket. It is a proven fact.

I think a lot of us have said it.  It is one thing to run sometimes for first downs, and another to play Gale Sayers out there.  They won last week because he is a great runner.  Otherwise they lose.  But pro offenses cannot put their eggs in that basket. It is a proven fact.

Hell, I would not be surprised if Rex told him at halftime, "we're gonna need you to win this with your legs kid" lmao.

The only reason Rex brought someone in to teach Sanchez to slide was the media said he was gonna get hurt. 

The built-in excuses for Rex will be flowing quite soon.  First Shady's injury and now Tyrod Taylor's.  Crazy thing is the defense remains their biggest concern, which shouldn't have been a concern at all this season.

so you don't think losing McCoy, Watkins and now their starting QB is a big deal?  the D has really only played poorly in the NE game. 

so you don't think losing McCoy, Watkins and now their starting QB is a big deal?  the D has really only played poorly in the NE game. 

"Poorly" is putting it nicely.  They set a franchise record for passing yards allowed.  With a unit that finished top 5 last year.  And this is the same Patriots Rex was (in misguided fashion) brought in to beat.  That was his Super Bowl and his team got blown out at home.  But go ahead and board the excuse train if you'd like.

"Poorly" is putting it nicely.  They set a franchise record for passing yards allowed.  With a unit that finished top 5 last year.  And this is the same Patriots Rex was (in misguided fashion) brought in to beat.  That was his Super Bowl and his team got blown out at home.  But go ahead and board the excuse train if you'd like.

No one is stopping NE right now.  I think we match up well but we'll see.  Buffalo doesn't have the secondary that we have.

it was week 2.  w/ us he was 4-6 at one point and we played in the title game.  I hope they lose but I suspect they will be a playoff contender and if healthy an AFC contender.

by the way, they lost by a score and had the ball w/ 1:15 to play trailing by a score.  Not sure how that was a blowout.  yes I know at one point they were lowing them out but Buf came back and made it a game.

Hell, I would not be surprised if Rex told him at halftime, "we're gonna need you to win this with your legs kid" lmao.

The only reason Rex brought someone in to teach Sanchez to slide was the media said he was gonna get hurt. 

TT was running with complete abandon out there.  He made some great plays----with his feet.  But that is why he was a backup for years.  He is Rex's wildcat guy.  Rex loves the wildcat.  TT can throw some, but I think good defenses would eat up his passing game.  It is those feet that help him get by. You send everybody you better get him or he will burn you for 30 on the ground. He reminds me of Quincy Carter.  Not the Jet Quincy Carter.  The before-Jet Quincy Carter.

TT was running with complete abandon out there.  He made some great plays----with his feet.  But that is why he was a backup for years.  He is Rex's wildcat guy.  Rex loves the wildcat.  TT can throw some, but I think good defenses would eat up his passing game.  It is those feet that help him get by. You send everybody you better get him or he will burn you for 30 on the ground. He reminds me of Quincy Carter.  Not the Jet Quincy Carter.  The before-Jet Quincy Carter. He is also like JJ, who we cut when we cut Flynn

It is a huge deal for the Bills, like loosing Decker and Ivory was a huge deal for us.  The difference is that offense wasn't what let him down against NE.  Had the Pats lost Brady and Gronk it would hurt as well.  Some bad luck, some letting your QB do too much and over-feeding the running machine.

Tyrod Taylor is what Rex hoped for with Tebow. Taylor can throw worlds better than Tebow but lacks Tebow's bulk to endure the tackles. This was an inevitable result for Buffalo. Rex's defense and poor planning will put Taylor in the position to throw or run with desperation and expose himself to these injuries. You have to give Buffalo credit for picking up Taylor when nobody else was looking at him as a potential starter. Taylor may not be a top tier QB but if you stuck him on this team or any other halfway decent team in the league where he could run less then he would be sitting on a record better than 3-2. The problem is that Buffalo isn't giving him the support so he's too exposed for his talent level. Physically exposed on those runs and mechanically exposed in his dodgy passing game.

The built-in excuses for Rex will be flowing quite soon.  First Shady's injury and now Tyrod Taylor's.  Crazy thing is the defense remains their biggest concern, which shouldn't have been a concern at all this season.

How you say "boom"?

It is a huge deal for the Bills, like loosing Decker and Ivory was a huge deal for us.  The difference is that offense wasn't what let him down against NE.  Had the Pats lost Brady and Gronk it would hurt as well.  Some bad luck, some letting your QB do too much and over-feeding the running machine.

it's much worse than losing Ivory and decker.  Decker has been great but Matshall has made our O go so it would be like losing marshall and ivory.

their O was healthy when they faced NE. 

Tyrod Taylor is what Rex hoped for with Tebow. Taylor can throw worlds better than Tebow but lacks Tebow's bulk to endure the tackles. This was an inevitable result for Buffalo. Rex's defense and poor planning will put Taylor in the position to throw or run with desperation and expose himself to these injuries. You have to give Buffalo credit for picking up Taylor when nobody else was looking at him as a potential starter. Taylor may not be a top tier QB but if you stuck him on this team or any other halfway decent team in the league where he could run less then he would be sitting on a record better than 3-2. The problem is that Buffalo isn't giving him the support so he's too exposed for his talent level. Physically exposed on those runs and mechanically exposed in his dodgy passing game.

The Jets did NOT acquire tim Tebow to be a QB, they acquired him to be a Brad Smith type player. 

No one takes 9-7 teams right back to 9-7 quite like Rex.

not all 9-7s are created equal, we were much better in 2009 at 9-7 than 2008 at 9-7.  we actually made the playoffs and won playoff games w/ a rookie QB as in 2008 we couldn't make it w/ a HOF QB and no Brady around to torment us.

not all 9-7s are created equal, we were much better in 2009 at 9-7 than 2008 at 9-7.  we actually made the playoffs and won playoff games w/ a rookie QB as in 2008 we couldn't make it w/ a HOF QB and no Brady around to torment us.

We get it.  Everyone associated with those 2009 and 2010 playoff teams were awesome and stayed awesome.  Which is why we had an overall losing record from 2011-2014. 

Interesting that they signed another "running" QB in Josh Johnson.  I wonder if Rex has this Randall Cunningham obsession from his old man. 

Also interesting in that Rex's teams tend to pick up remnants from offenses that have given his D a hard time in the past.  Sparano and the wildcat gave the team fits in 2009. Tebow in 2011.  Greg Roman in 2012.  Wouldn't be surprised if the team goes hard after Kap this offseason. 

Archived