Jets vs. Redskins History

nyjunc

Much like all the NFC East teams(except AZ when they were in the division) the Jets have struggled w/ Washington as we are 2-8 all time against them though we do currently have a 1 game win streak:lol:

Both of our all time wins came on the road.  In 1993 at DC in old RFK Stadium in what may be the worst game I have ever seen in my life.  A Saturday afternoon "classic" 3-0 win over a terrible Redskin team.  the 2nd win came a few years ago in landover at FedEx Field where a Sanchez to holmes TD w/ about 5 mins left gave us the lead and some Tos made the score look lopsided in a 34-19 win.

we have had some tough losses to these guys through the years.

1987, 1st game after the strike ended we had a 9 pt lead in the 4th qtr at RFK against a skins team that would win the SB that year but we found a way to lose by 1.

50376953-football-ny-jets-qb-ken-obrien-

1996 at RFK on a Sunday Night I remember a blown call on a would be Keyshawn TD and wash pulled away late.

AP9609290532.jpg?wm=api

1999 at home during the Rick Mirer era, I remember a bunch of penalties on Mickens that killed us.

494899-sep-1999-dana-stubblefield-of-the

2003 at Landover.  Opening Night after they raided our roster to sign John Hall, Randy Thomas, Chad Morton & Laveranues Coles.  Chad was hurt and we lost on a last second FG by John Hall.

AP03090405848.jpg?wm=api

2007 in what I think was Sean taylor's last game before his murder.  we lost by a FG in OT.

78111545-free-safety-sean-taylor-of-the-

highlights of 2011 game:

You said it, that 3-0 Jets win might be the ugliest game I ever witnessed myself. 

I still remember the blown FG where the snapped ball hit Louie Aguiar in the head 

18dtitwfsjuzzgif.gif

I remember a TD being called back, I think it was Boomer to Baxter.  Our O was dreadful late in 1993, we were 6-4 and sitting pretty in playoff position then the last 6 weeks our O scored, 6(and we won), 6(lost 9-6), 3(we won), 7(lost 28-7), 14(lost 16-14 when cary Blanchard missed at least 3 FGs) and 0(lost 24-0).  32 points in the last 6 weeks. 

Archived