JetNation Week 6 FanDuel League

Maxman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99% sure he was in last year, too. I don't think he's a party crasher

I think, in week 1 when i got first place, @plustin actually took 2 of the top 5 payouts and won more than me. He has done great this season, every week. I looked at his profile and it looked like he'd been lurking long before we started doing the fanduel stuff, he hasn't signed in here since 2014, but he probably lurks.

Anyway congrats plustin guy, nicely done!

Bradford is so awful. My God. 

The Giants are so awful.

Oh well, I feel like a crook taking the 98th and 99th spots. The one team I thought would jump up 30 or so points tonight is the only team that finished out of the money for me. 

There's just no telling wtf you're going to get in these games.

I think, in week 1 when i got first place, @plustin actually took 2 of the top 5 payouts and won more than me. He has done great this season, every week. I looked at his profile and it looked like he'd been lurking long before we started doing the fanduel stuff, he hasn't signed in here since 2014, but he probably lurks.

I agree, he made over 1200$ this week and knocked me down to third place. good for him.

He won well over 1200 this week and wins big every week.  No way that's luck.

Just wish I knew what site he uses for lineups..  if he's doing endless hours of his own research I guess it's a little easier to take but not gonna lie..  I hate him.

Just wish I knew what site he uses for lineups..  if he's doing endless hours of his own research I guess it's a little easier to take but not gonna lie..  I hate him.

He just cost me 125$ or something by beating me by less than a point and I don't hate the guy lol.

He just cost me 125$ or something by beating me by less than a point and I don't hate the guy lol.

meh..  I hate him like people hate the Yankees and Pats for always winning.  I don't wish him ill will but I'm not exactly rooting for him either.

a few of his teams bumped 2 of mine of the first page.  I think he cost me like $130. 

I logged in after halftime and he was half of the first page.  I was like... this f'in guy again?

When I look at the lineups he wins with, I usually kick myself because most of them consist of players I've circled for usage, he just combines them better. Gotta give credit where it's due. I've been stuck in that zone where I can get 6-7 high performers, and the others are duds, or guys everyone played.

Admittedly, the only thing I use for my lineups right now is defensive ranks vs. position, situational awareness for the player(s), and little bit of gut. Lately I've been over-attempting to diversify my rosters and pulling guys out of my lineups that would have me killing it. Case in point, I started this week with 5 lineups, and had Chris Ivory and Legarret Blount in most of them. I rearranged them all and got sucked into the Eddie Lacy hype and thought AD would be better. Decisions like those put you in 90th place, not 9th. :)

meh..  I hate him like people hate the Yankees and Pats for always winning.  I don't wish him ill will but I'm not exactly rooting for him either.

a few of his teams bumped 2 of mine of the first page.  I think he cost me like $130. 

I logged in after halftime and he was half of the first page.  I was like... this f'in guy again?

Oh, make no mistake... I'm not rooting for him, but it doesn't hurt the fantasy football karma to congratulate someone after they win.

Know what I'm saying? 

hey you just jumped to 2nd place?!  I feel better now.

They must have taken a sack away from the Eagles defense, thanks for the heads up I wouldn't have even noticed until I went to set up my lineup for next week. Probably still stick to just two lineups per week but atleast I know I can win something.

Oh, make no mistake... I'm not rooting for him, but it doesn't hurt the fantasy football karma to congratulate someone after they win.

Know what I'm saying? 

yeah I'm just bitter.  Annoying because like you said I picked all the right guys but just didn't work them into the same lineup.  I should have just went with my gut and made Foster and Hopkins part of every team I fielded.  I had Hopkins in like 8 out of 11 and got worried last minute that he might get hurt or have a dud of a game so I took him down to 4 or 5.  He was the one guy I wanted to squeeze on every team at the beginning of the week.

Dolphins D, Lamar Miller, Jon Brown...  all guys I had in multiple lineups and talked myself out of.  This week I'm waiting until Friday to do anything and try my best not to alter my initial teams.  I'd be doing much better that way.

Seriously who is Plustin?  Every week this guy is all over the first 20 spots.  If he's a JNer good for him if not he can kick rocks.

It's me. I'm running pretty hot this year and a little lucky. The first place lineup was done with about 1 minute left before the deadline on Sunday. Just had a feeling about Stafford and then quickly pieced together a lineup. I usually have a few guys I like each week (matchups etc..) and then just fill in around them.  

The Jets having a good year on offense has helped because I am a homer and routinely take Jets.

It's me. I'm running pretty hot this year and a little lucky. The first place lineup was done with about 1 minute left before the deadline on Sunday. Just had a feeling about Stafford and then quickly pieced together a lineup. I usually have a few guys I like each week (matchups etc..) and then just fill in around them.  

The Jets having a good year on offense has helped because I am a homer and routinely take Jets.

Nice to hear - in that case congrats.  I hate you significantly less now.

I still hate you though.  heh.

yeah I'm just bitter.  Annoying because like you said I picked all the right guys but just didn't work them into the same lineup.  I should have just went with my gut and made Foster and Hopkins part of every team I fielded.  I had Hopkins in like 8 out of 11 and got worried last minute that he might get hurt or have a dud of a game so I took him down to 4 or 5.  He was the one guy I wanted to squeeze on every team at the beginning of the week.

Dolphins D, Lamar Miller, Jon Brown...  all guys I had in multiple lineups and talked myself out of.  This week I'm waiting until Friday to do anything and try my best not to alter my initial teams.  I'd be doing much better that way.

I had Hopkins on a lot of teams, but then read that game would be brutal wind. So, I removed him. Genius.

Oh, excellent man! 

You, me and one other person were popping some lineups in at the very last minute. 

Nice job.

I went to work last night hoping the giants would score a lot of points or kick alot of fieldgoals. Second  was still in play for me. So my first post could have been a brag it up post about playing only 1 lineup.Still finished 13th though, even with my kicker getting me one stupid point.Also thanks to whoever managed to fix my account so i can actually post!

I went to work last night hoping the giants would score a lot of points or kick alot of fieldgoals. Second  was still in play for me. So my first post could have been a brag it up post about playing only 1 lineup.Still finished 13th though, even with my kicker getting me one stupid point.Also thanks to whoever managed to fix my account so i can actually post!

Lol I was watching you closely too. I was cheering every time the Giants had to punt the ball.

I won some money this week with 4 spots under 50 and would have done way better if Lacy would have done something.  My best line-up finished at 16 and could have had the 5th or 6th spot if i didn't take out Robbie Gould Sunday morning.  SMH

Just clicked and the league is up.  Unfortunately now it's showing as a 500 person league..  I guess FD starting to get sick of losing money on it.  Don't see how it's not opened up to the masses this week.  Can't really complain..  we've had it good all year.

Still want to play but it looks like it's going to start getting a lot more difficult to get in the money from here on out.  I'll see how it goes..  if I go a couple weeks without placing I'll take it down to 1 or 2 teams the rest of the year and just play with what I've won.

Just put in an entry to see if being the first team will result in good luck.  I'm not going to change a thing about it which has been my downfall this far.  I think I just entered the winner..  no reason for anyone else to sign up.

Archived