Ryan Fitzpatrick lifts Jets offense from wretched to good, which could make them great

thshadow

I will repost from a different thread.  Perhaps you feel that Stacey is going to break out and become Adrian Peterson or that the replacement for Fireman Ed. can somehow be considered as a new offensive weapon for the Jets. If not then here is the list of changes and I repeat that between the two of us only one of us  is being "absolutely delusional" in terms of a fair evaluation of the offensive talent on the team between last year and this year.

I leave it up to others to determine which of us that is. 

The problem is with people who desperately want to force the narrative that last year Geno had the worst set of weapons in the history of the NFL and somehow this year Fitz has hugely upgraded weapons and that is the reason the offense is performing better.  Repeat it often enough and some might even foolishly believe it.

The only problem is that it is not true.

Oh boy, this one is gonna be fun.

Decker was never fully healthy until the very end.  He had a hammy injury that nicked him up for most of last season.  That led to us trotting out David Nelson and Jeremy Kerley as our starters for pretty much most of the time Geno was out there. Like Junc said, if you can't see the difference, there's nothing anyone can do to help you.

Not only is Harvin not a super bowl MVP, but he isn't even close to being a playmaking number 1 wide receiver. Have you seen Brandon Marshall play this year? THAT is a playmaking number one.  To compare them as if they were close is absolutely laughable.

Kerley? JAG, so you're making my point. Big difference now is he's where he belongs this year.

Jace Amaro is hurt this year.

Ivory finally has a decent O-Line blocking for him and is thriving more than he did last season. That same O-Line has been helping Fitz out a good amount too.

Enunwa? Didn't really play last year so bringing him up when we're trying to compare the weapons from last year is pointless.

Owusu has looked pretty good with both them in the slot. No problems there.

This doesn't even take into account the fact that we have competent offensive coaching for the first time in God knows how many years.  I'll say it again.  If you think the offensive situation we have now is anywhere near comparable to last year, you are absolutely delusional.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy, this one is gonna be fun.

Decker was never fully healthy until the very end.  He had a hammy injury that nicked him up for most of last season.  That led to us trotting out David Nelson and Jeremy Kerley as our starters for pretty much most of the time Geno was out there. Like Junc said, if you can't see the difference, there's nothing anyone can do to help you.

Not only is Harvin not a super bowl MVP, but he isn't even close to being a playmaking number 1 wide receiver. Have you seen Brandon Marshall play this year? THAT is a playmaking number one.  To compare them as if they were close is absolutely laughable.

Kerley? JAG, so you're making my point. Big difference now is he's where he belongs this year.

Jace Amaro is hurt this year.

Ivory finally has a decent O-Line blocking for him and is thriving more than he did last season. That same O-Line has been helping Fitz out a good amount too.

Enunwa? Didn't really play last year so bringing him up when we're trying to compare the weapons from last year is pointless.

Owusu has looked pretty good with both them in the slot. No problems there.

This doesn't even take into account the fact that we have competent offensive coaching for the first time in God knows how many years.  I'll say it again.  If you think the offensive situation we have now is anywhere near comparable to last year, you are absolutely delusional.

Eric Decker.  Everyone plays injured.  Everyone.  Once again he started 15 of 16 games for us last year or 93%.  This year he has started 3 of 4 games or 75% by any measure that gives advantage to last year for the offense that had Eric Decker.  Maybe he plays the next twelve games in a row at which point it becomes a wash but until then advantage last year.

Ivory is Ivory.  We had Willie Colon run blocking last year where he is still a dominant blocker in this league.  This year he has been out. Carpenter was a nice pickup but on balance it is laughable to claim that big of a difference in the run blocking.  Ivory = Ivory (wash)

Kerley is on both teams.  Not an additional weapon in either year.

Enunwa and Owusu have essentially been non-factors this year as they were non-factors last year.  Neither have shown themselves to be any kind of weapon as yet and so CLEARLY no additional advantage this year.  Unless six catches and three drops in four games this year represents a major weapon for you?  Does it?

Jace Amaro has been hurt and therefore unavailable.  Therefore we clearly had an additional weapons advantage  last year at the TE position.  Advantage last year.

So at the end of the day we are left with Marshall vs Harvin as the only demonstrable differences.  Devin Smith is a complete unknown at this point.  He may turn into a weapon but that has not happened.... yet.

Percy Harvin may not be a traditional #1 receiver but there is a reason he has had 8-figure salary years recently in the NFL.  It is because he is absolutely an offensive weapon. GMs around the league understand this and that is why he gets paid what he gets paid.  I believe that those GMs know more than you and the market has valued him as a premiere offensive player.   He may be a head case and bring other problems to the team.... Not unlike Brandon Marshall in fact but to deny his offensive talents is ridiculous on its face.  Do you claim to know more than the GMs in this league?  Are you perhaps a GM secretly posting here?  

To sum up.  The difference between the two years is Marshall added and Harvin removed.  Both are premiere offensive weapons.  Maybe not a wash but certainly the furthest possible thing the "from something for nothing" narrative that you folks have been spinning here forever.

When you add to that the complete lack of a receiving TE so far this year I think the notion that the "weapons" that Fitz has had to work with  this year are dramatically better than those we had last year is patently absurd and bloviating of the first magnitude.

The reason we look like we have a professional offense this year is because we have a QB who knows how to execute one.

The reason the offensive line has given up fewer sacks is because our QB no longer holds on to the ball longer than 30 of the other 31 QBs in the league.  It is not rocket science.  

Jets believe in magic of Ryan Fitzpatrick as their quarterback

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 11:15 PM
  • A
  •  
  • A
  •  
  • A

SHARE THIS URL
NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpiROBERT SABO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Ryan Fitzpatrick has the Jets on the right path and is earning accolades from teammates.

Ryan Fitzpatrick hasn’t been showered with this much adoration since his supporting cast included guys like Clifton Dawson, Brian Edwards and Corey Mazza. Back then, the beardless college quarterback was kicking Columbia, Penn and Yale’s collective derrieres during a magical perfect season.

The lovefest these days for the savvy facial-haired wonder knows no bounds. A fan base starving for a competent signal caller has latched on to the big-brained journeyman, who has helped the Jets to a promising start.

Fitz Magic is more than a stenciled slogan or catchy hashtag. It’s a symbol that maybe these Jets are, indeed, for real.

JETS INSIDER: FIVE CONCERNS TEAM FACES HEADING FORWARD

Eric Decker is all-in with the Harvard Guy, so on the trip to London he wore a green “FITZ MAGIC” t-shirt with an image of a Jets helmet and overgrown red beard.

“Obviously I wanted to show my support of Fitz and grabbed a T-shirt,” Decker said with a half-smile. “My wife helped me find it. So I ordered it.”

Jets fans have a crush on Fitzpatrick, who has brought a semblance of calm to what has typically been an unsettled position for this star-crossed franchise.

GEICO SportsNite: Jets after bye
SNYTV

088060f2-96c8-489e-8921-17bfe57528e5_052

Nobody harbors any illusions. The 32-year-old Fitzpatrick isn’t a long-term solution, but who cares?

Fitzpatrick might just be the right man at the right time for the right team to make the playoffs this season.

“He deserves it,” Brandon Marshall said of the praise for his quarterback. “I always pull and root for guys like that. Everyone has their opinions and thoughts. I know how much work he puts in every single day. There’s no days off with him. It’s good to see guys like that succeed. I know it’s a team game, but he really is leading us.”

Fitzpatrick’s supposed shortcomings have been dissected for the better part of a decade: too reckless, questionable deep ball, not good enough.

CHECK OUT OUR NEW APP: GET THE DAILY NEWS ON ANDROID OR IOS

Fitzpatrick stabilizes the team's most important position for the first time in years.MATT DUNHAM/AP

Fitzpatrick stabilizes the team's most important position for the first time in years.

Blah, blah, blah.

Fitzpatrick isn’t a carbon copy of his younger self. His game has grown.

“He understands now that he doesn’t have to win the game by himself,” Todd Bowles told The News.

“He has a run game. He has guys to throw to. It doesn’t have to all fall on him... Early in your career as a quarterback, you try to take over the game and be ‘the guy’ no matter what. He’s matured and grown out of that and become a guy that can command a game and make throws when he has to and when he needs to… and not when he’s forced to.”

Dawson, Edwards and Mazza – who probably turned into a doctor, lawyer and investment banker – have been replaced by Marshall, Decker and Chris Ivory. Fitzpatrick has leaned on his new trio to help the Jets to a 3-1 record entering Sunday’s game against Washington.

Ex-Jets linebacker Bart Scott often made reference to Fitzpatrick’s oversized head, playfully nicknaming him “Evolution” and “Pinky and The Brain.” Not surprisingly, Fitzpatrick’s mind never rests.

“He thinks so three-dimensionally,” quarterbacks coach Kevin Patullo said. “It’s nonstop communication,” Marshall said. “He does a great job of letting us in his head.”

FOLLOW THE DAILY NEWS SPORTS ON FACEBOOK. "LIKE" US HERE

Quarterbacks ultimately are judged by wins and losses, but Fitzpatrick knows that “the turnovers... have to come down a little bit.” He’s on pace for career highs in touchdowns and interceptions.

Fitzpatrick’s stats – 231.1 yards per game, 60.7 completion rate, 78.1 passer rating, seven TDs, six INTs – won’t wow anyone, but his chemistry with Decker and Marshall coupled with the reassuring veteran presence in the huddle can’t be overstated.

“That’s the benefit of playing a lot of football,” Decker said. “He’s been around for a while. Brandon’s been around for a while. I’ve been lucky to play with one of the greats in Peyton (Manning). So I think we understand the game cerebrally. We see it. That helps... If he’s smart with the football and makes some plays, this could be a fun year for us.”

Fitzpatrick keeps his receivers and coaches on the same page.ANDREW THEODORAKIS/ FOR NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Fitzpatrick keeps his receivers and coaches on the same page.

Decker is the only one in the locker room so far to wear the unofficial gear celebrating Fitzpatrick.

“I wanted to introduce it,” the receiver said before suggesting that he might buy t-shirts for everyone. “Maybe a Christmas present.”

Bowles has no problem with the hoopla for his veteran quarterback. If it works, he’s happy.

“Hey,” Bowles said with a laugh. “Fear the Beard.”

The magic is real.

The players don't know what they're talking about, I suppose.

Okay fair response. I think him sitting and watching from the sidelines will only help his career, whether it is with the Jets or some other team.  People who think he will never play another NFL game are delusional and have not looked around at some of the horsesh*t starting for NFL teams around the league.  The guy is only 24-25 and I think can excel in the right situation.  He may never become a "franchise qb" but he doesn't have to be.  I look at guys like Kaepernick and Stafford and think to myself; just how good would they have been on the Jets these last few years?    

Geno was terrible because HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN STARTING IN THE FIRST PLACE.  HE WAS NOT READY.   Yet even as lousy as he was he managed to play well against the Pats, Steelers, Packers, Dolphins, Falcons to name a few.   His last 6 games last year was much improved and he appeared to be on an upward trajectory.  I look more at that then just saying "he has been terrible"; especially if you are going to throw a blind eye to the entire situation.  A defense that couldn't create a turnover if it's life depended on it, OC who's offensive philosophy went against the strengths of his qb, a HC who was totally clueless when it came to offense period and a less than stellar cast of receivers to throw to.   

Yep, I said a lot of these same things on the Chris Shearn podcast yesterday in regards to Geno possibly benefitting from his time on the bench.

My issue is, you can blame the HC, the OC, the weapons and anyting else that may absolve Geno of any responsibility, by my issue with him is that even when receivers were open and had a chance to make a play, he missed far too often.  That's what it boils down to.  Did the QB deliver the ball to the open receiver frequently enough to win football games.  In Geno's case, the answer was no.

So far, in Fitz's case, it has been a "yes".

Eric Decker.  Everyone plays injured.  Everyone.  Once again he started 15 of 16 games for us last year or 93%.  This year he has started 3 of 4 games or 75% by any measure that gives advantage to last year for the offense that had Eric Decker.  Maybe he plays the next twelve games in a row at which point it becomes a wash but until then advantage last year.

Ivory is Ivory.  We had Willie Colon run blocking last year where he is still a dominant blocker in this league.  This year he has been out. Carpenter was a nice pickup but on balance it is laughable to claim that big of a difference in the run blocking.  Ivory = Ivory (wash)

Enunwa and Owusu have essentially been non-factors this year as they were non-factors last year.  Neither have shown themselves to be any kind of weapon as yet and so CLEARLY no additional advantage this year.  Unless six catches and three drops in four games this year represents a major weapon for you?  Does it?

Jace Amaro has been hurt and therefore unavailable.  Therefore we clearly had an additional weapons advantage  last year at the TE position.  Advantage last year.

So at the end of the day we are left with Marshall vs Harvin as the only demonstrable differences.  Devin Smith is a complete unknown at this point.  He may turn into a weapon but that has not happened.... yet.

Percy Harvin may not be a traditional #1 receiver but there is a reason he has had 8-figure salary years recently in the NFL.  It is because he is absolutely an offensive weapon. GMs around the league understand this and that is why he gets paid what he gets paid.  I believe that those GMs know more than you and the market has valued him as a premiere offensive player.   He may be a head case and bring other problems to the team.... Not unlike Brandon Marshall in fact but to deny his offensive talents is ridiculous on its face.  Do you claim to know more than the GMs in this league?  Are you perhaps a GM secretly posting here?  

To sum up.  The difference between the two years is Marshall added and Harvin removed.  Both are premiere offensive weapons.  Maybe not a wash but certainly the furthest possible thing the "from something for nothing" narrative that you folks have been spinning here forever.

When you add to that the complete lack of a receiving TE so far this year I think the notion that the "weapons" that Fitz has had to work with  this year are dramatically better than those we had last year is patently absurd and bloviating of the first magnitude.

The reason we look like we have a professional offense this year is because we have a QB who knows how to execute one.

The reason the offensive line has given up fewer sacks is because our QB no longer holds on to the ball longer than 30 of the other 31 QBs in the league.  It is not rocket science.  

hahaha you've done nice job of waving the fitzy pompoms but nobody on here is stupid enough to believe your BS about Harvin being marshall's equal. You can write as many paragraphs as you want, but it's clear your agenda is to denigrate geno smith as much as possible and exaggerate fitzpatrick's play

I did start to believe some of the hype this summer, especially when it seemed inevitable that Geno would start. My first choice was to have Fitz start, and Geno to learn, and maybe get his shot some time during the year.

Then I was hoping Geno would either have the epiphany they were selling, or play constantly well enough that we could still salvage the season when he got pulled.

This way is actually perfect. History says that Geno will get a chance to play this year, and then he can steal the job if he's able. There is absolutely no reason to put the amount of pressure that pulling Fitz for Geno would put on Geno's shoulders. Haven't we learned that lesson yet?

Looking at the stats is silly when we've all watched every snap from both QBs. Fitz just looks like a really comfortable NFL QB who changes plays, sets protections, and coaches up players on the field. Geno has never shown anything resembling this type of composure, or grasp of what is going on around him.

Sure he may be able to learn, but a winning season is no time to try that experiment. Wait till Fitz gets nicked up, or loses a couple of games. That would be the best for Geno to come in a low pressure situation.

If Geno is the man to take us to the SB then he should be able to overcome 3 losses.

hahaha you've done nice job of waving the fitzy pompoms but nobody on here is stupid enough to believe your BS about Harvin being marshall's equal. You can write as many paragraphs as you want, but it's clear your agenda is to denigrate geno smith as much as possible and exaggerate fitzpatrick's play

What is clear is that you will go to extraordinary lengths to imagine that Geno sucks for almost any other reasons other than the fact that Geno sucks.

The offensive line is playing better because they are no longer playing in front of a man who hangs them out to dry on every play.

The defense is playing better because when they get off the field now, they get to stay off the field for a while.

It aint exactly rocket science.

The reason Percy Harvin got his salary is because some team was stupid enough to give it to him without seeing a large enough sample size. You can think him and Marshall are comparable all you want. They arent.  There is a reason Harvin has been on three teams in two years and big part of that of his talent isn't worth his price tag. 

This is what's laughable to me. You Fitzrimjobbers act as if the guy is playing lights out football. Like he is this second coming of Vinny.  He hasn't looked good at all.  He isn't a "real QB".  He hasn't been "smart".  The only reason that guy is still the starter is because the defense has been straight up dominant.  He looks exactly like the guy we heard about in training camp that got absolutely trounced by Geno Smith in a competition. Look I get that at 3-1 he isn't getting benched but I'm not going to sit here and lick his ass like he's the second coming because he isnt the reason were at that record.  He has some serious improving to do before I start buying the whole "F*ck Geno, yay Fairy Arm Fitz" hype train some of you have been riding.  

The reason Percy Harvin got his salary is because some team was stupid enough to give it to him without seeing a large enough sample size. You can think him and Marshall are comparable all you want. They arent.  There is a reason Harvin has been on three teams in two years and big part of that of his talent isn't worth his price tag. 

This is what's laughable to me. You Fitzrimjobbers act as if the guy is playing lights out football. Like he is this second coming of Vinny.  He hasn't looked good at all.  He isn't a "real QB".  He hasn't been "smart".  The only reason that guy is still the starter is because the defense has been straight up dominant.  He looks exactly like the guy we heard about in training camp that got absolutely trounced by Geno Smith in a competition. Look I get that at 3-1 he isn't getting benched but I'm not going to sit here and lick his ass like he's the second coming because he isnt the reason were at that record.  He has some serious improving to do before I start buying the whole "F*ck Geno, yay Fairy Arm Fitz" hype train some of you have been riding.  

And so here we have it finally.

There are ZERO new weapons outside of Marshall (gained) and Percy Harvin is not a lost offensive weapon at all but in fact he is a mistake by the GMs in this league who set the market for such things.  Therefore  "I, Moggles know more than the GMs in this league who set the market".  Please forgive everyone on the planet for being skeptical on that particular line of bullsh1t.. 

Nice to "conveniently" forget that Geno had Amaro last year as a target and Fitz has had no offensive pass catching TE.

There was no "trouncing" there was no "competition".  There cannot be a competition when Geno was named the starter two months before camp opened.  Do try to keep up.  What we had was the new head coach naming the incumbent as the default starter on May 20th two months before camp opened.... Once again.. No competition and no trouncing.

You guys are like a bunch of old washer women making sh1t up and repeating it back and forth among yourselves until you actually convince each other it is true.  The problem is that it is not true and you get sand in your collective vaginas when people point that out to you.

Now go run along, the kiddies table is somewhere else.

So is there also a reason why Denver let Marshall go, then Miami, then Chicago traded him to us for peanuts...any reason at all?

So is there also a reason why Denver let Marshall go, then Miami, then Chicago traded him to us for peanuts...any reason at all?

The best part is nobody is acting like Fitz is anything special...we're acting like he's not horrible.  Huge difference and a huge upgrade.

Denver: He was a headache. I won't skirt around it. He had an undiagnosed mental illness and behaved like a child.

Miami: There are still dolphins fans asking why.

Chicago: Cleaning house and trying to save some money. Used the excuse that he was an issue even though players refute that.  

I see what narrative your trying to build here.  Marshall's talent was never the reason he was traded. He also has been able to stick with a team for more than half a season. Percy Harvin is not only a headache, but a overpriced gadget player as well. He isn't a number 1. He won't ever be a number 1. Anyone who thinks that Brandon Marshall and Percy Harvin are comparable on a talent level is just flat out delusional. There is no kind way of saying it. 

And so here we have it finally.

There are ZERO new weapons outside of Marshall (gained) and Percy Harvin is not a lost offensive weapon at all but in fact he is a mistake by the GMs in this league who set the market for such things.  Therefore  "I, Moggles know more than the GMs in this league who set the market".  Please forgive everyone on the planet for being skeptical on that particular line of bullsh1t.. 

Nice to "conveniently" forget that Geno had Amaro last year as a target and Fitz has had no offensive pass catching TE.

There was no "trouncing" there was no "competition".  There cannot be a competition when Geno was named the starter two months before camp opened.  Do try to keep up.  What we had was the new head coach naming the incumbent as the default starter on May 20th two months before camp opened.... Once again.. No competition and no trouncing.

You guys are like a bunch of old washer women making sh1t up and repeating it back and forth among yourselves until you actually convince each other it is true.  The problem is that it is not true and you get sand in your collective vaginas when people point that out to you.

Now go run along, the kiddies table is somewhere else.

LOL. 

Oh man, how can I forget the great Jace Amaro!? You know what's hilarious about that?  Gailey was using him more as an H-back than a "pass catching TE" because his system doesn't really use a TE. 

Let me get this straight.  According to you, Geno never looked better than Fitz during training camp, all those reports from beat writers saying that it isn't even close were nonsense, and Percy Harvin is Brandon Marshall's equal and deserves all the money he's been paid.  GOTCHA lmfao. Tell me, does Fitzpatrick's carpet match his drapes?

You know what else I find hilarious in all of this?  I wanted Geno gone in the offseason. Unfortunately things didn't work out that way and these are the cards we've been dealt. The difference between you and I, is that I'm not delusional enough to get down on my knees for a guy who has never won more games than Geno Smith's rookie year and hasn't done jack sh*t this season to give me hope that he can lead a playoff charge.

Marshall caught 61 passes last year and was traded for a 5th round pick.  Why is it a foregone conclusion he's the best receiver ever?  Is it not plausible that maybe part of the reason he has three straight 100-yard games is because Fitzpatrick is able to get him the ball?  It's cute that people assume he'd be doing the same things or better with Geno, but the fact is, the results are there.  Our WR's are performing well and the team is winning with Fitz under center.  Yes, it is possible we can win playoff games with this guy.  Just like it's possible that we would be worse than 3-1 with Geno.  Both are very possible. 

Marshall caught 61 passes last year and was traded for a 5th round pick.  Why is it a foregone conclusion he's the best receiver ever?  Is it not plausible that maybe part of the reason he has three straight 100-yard games is because Fitzpatrick is able to get him the ball?  It's cute that people assume he'd be doing the same things or better with Geno, but the fact is, the results are there.  Our WR's are performing well and the team is winning with Fitz under center.  Yes, it is possible we can win playoff games with this guy.  Just like it's possible that we would be worse than 3-1 with Geno.  Both are very possible. 

now you are giving Fitz credit for Marshall?:lol:

you know he only played 16 games and was playing hurt a bunch of others, right? his 2 previous years he had 100+ recs where had had 1300 yds and 1500 yds receiving.

now you are giving Fitz credit for Marshall?:lol:

you know he only played 16 games and was playing hurt a bunch of others, right? his 2 previous years he had 100+ recs where had had 1300 yds and 1500 yds receiving.

You do realize that with Fitz, Marshall is off to the best start of his career, right? 

by the way, your info is wrong.

right now Marshall has 30 recs, 400 yds, 3 TDs

in 2008 through 4 games he had: 34 recs, 423 yds, 3 TDs

I know...wrote an article on it the other day.  Had significantly more targets to get that extra 23 yards.  With Fitz he's had more production per attempt.  Either way you look at it, from the way you and many others are describing Fitz, this should be Marhsall's worst start ever, not his first or second best.

Fitz certainly has already shown a propensity to throw the ball to Marshall even when he's covered... For the most part Marshall has been able to still make a play on the ball in those situations.  Outside of Decker there has also not been another strong WR/TE/RB pass catching presence yet ... All of these should be reasonable contributors towards Marshall having one of his more  productive seasons

I know...wrote an article on it the other day.  Had significantly more targets to get that extra 23 yards.  With Fitz he's had more production per attempt.  Either way you look at it, from the way you and many others are describing Fitz, this should be Marhsall's worst start ever, not his first or second best.

Marshall has been the driving force in this O.  Fitz and gailey are wisely getting him the ball as much as possible.

First Jet WR since 1988 to have three straight 100-yard days.  Nothing to do with the QB at all.

considering we didn't have a good QB back in 1988 I would yeah.  the best season ever for a Jets QB was 1998, did we have any WRs w/ 3 straight 100 yd games?

he is throwing to Marshall all the time and Marshall is taking bad passes and turning them into receptions like that 1st play 2 weeks ago that should have been a long TD w/ a good pass but was saved w/ a great catch on a poorly underthrown ball.

No way man, the QB has nothing to do with a receivers production, nothing at all.

sure he plays a role but you guys are acting like he has been the difference maker.  That's just not the case.  Marshall is a monster and he is wisely taking advantage of him.

sure he plays a role but you guys are acting like he has been the difference maker.  That's just not the case.  Marshall is a monster and he is wisely taking advantage of him.

right.

Fitz certainly has already shown a propensity to throw the ball to Marshall even when he's covered... For the most part Marshall has been able to still make a play on the ball in those situations.  Outside of Decker there has also not been another strong WR/TE/RB pass catching presence yet ... All of these should be reasonable contributors towards Marshall having one of his more  productive seasons

And this is exactly what good QB's are supposed to do.  Not stand around waiting for a guy to get wide open, or panic and throw into triple coverage like Sanchez and Geno did.  You have to have confidence you can throw it into a tight window and still complete the pass. 

And this is exactly what good QB's are supposed to do.  Not stand around waiting for a guy to get wide open, or panic and throw into triple coverage like Sanchez and Geno did.  You have to have confidence you can throw it into a tight window and still complete the pass. 

Gailey has even come out and said on some of those that it's the design of the play.  Get Marshall one-on-one and throw him a jump ball.  Hilarious...the Jets are winning, and people are upset that they're not winning the way they'd like them to win.

Who knew Geno Smith was going to be such a tough act to follow?

yep b/c if Fitz did that he'd be turning it over...oh wait he is turning it over every week.

Gailey has even come out and said on some of those that it's the design of the play.  Get Marshall one-on-one and throw him a jump ball.  Hilarious...the Jets are winning, and people are upset that they're not winning the way they'd like them to win.

I mean he did win 12 games.  All on his own too.  The 44 other guys just stood and watched.

of course you want to throw the ball up for a guy like marshall but he's been throwing jump balls to enunwa, Owusu and Smith too.  when he throws downfield they tend to be jump balls praying for his receiver to make a play.

I mean he did win 12 games.  All on his own too.  The 44 other guys just stood and watched.

nah, Fitz is the guy winning games on his own.  nothing has changed around the Jets- just the QB.  what a difference the greatness of Fitz makes!

Yep...Fitz has never won more than 6 games in a season, and Trent Dilfer won a super bowl all by his lonesome.  No other factors should be taken in to account.  Defense?  Special teams? Skill players?  Meaningless....just tell me what the QB's W-L record is, and I'll tell you if he's any good or not, the other stuff is just details.

yep b/c if Fitz did that he'd be turning it over...oh wait he is turning it over every week.

That's what I miss most about Geno...he never turns the ball over.  When will Bowles wake up?

Archived