Fitzmagic

nycdan

The fact that you care about reputation pretty much sums it up. You were wrong about Fitz. You won't spontaneously combust to be happy we are 4-1 despite making a wrong prediction on the Internet. We still like you.

The fact that someone talks about "love" when making a valid point pretty much sums it up. The fact that we have these exact threads week in or week out sums it up. The fact that I know that if we lose next week and Fitz doesnt have a good game that im going to see "Geno Smith threads" sums it up. 

The fact that this dude makes ridiculous comments shouldnt sum up anything for you in respects to my rebuttal to his comments that historically is worthless here. 

But like I said, im wasting my time arguing what I know because I've been a Jets fan long enough to have seen it before. Im going to enjoy this 4-1 start and hope that we dont get destroyed next week (though I personally think we're going to sweep the Pats this year), because if we do lose bad there's going to be alot of self ownage on this forum and all i'll do is sit back and laugh, just like I did with all the nonsense that came out of that Philly loss. 

It never fails with you guys. 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That being true it has nothing to do with this being a wishy washy fanbase. Bottomline is we're 4-1. Fans would like to give most of the credit to Fitz becuase we're so thirsty for a franchise QB, I would like to give most of the credit to the team collectively because if it was for that defense only giving up 21 points in the 2nd half all year, if it wasnt for Chris Ivory being the best RB in the game at this point, if wasnt for Marshall playing like a top 3 WR, if it wasnt for the coaching staff making 2nd half adjustments etc. 

Fitz has been good enough, but im not jumping on the mans beard and making it seem like its "his" specific talent making the difference here. Its a collective of talent that was not here last year. 

I have literally not read one person giving Fitz most the credit. What most people said is given who he is, he is doing a pretty good job. The credit goes to the defense, Marshall, Ivory, and the coaching staff before Fitz. People are just happy to have a QB making some good decisions and not losing games, and even contributing to some positive plays. How dare we! We are such bad fans!

Yet it makes sense for Geno? I dont see you going out your way to say that Geno played for Bad Jets teams. 

This isnt about people still saying he "sucks". No one said he sucks (in case you was speaking about me indirectly) I said the man is a lucky bastard because alot of his weakness is allowed be covered up by the talent around him. 

That makes sense. You know what doesnt make sense...watching these so-called Jet fans secure with their QB situation create Fitz vs. Geno threads every week. Or watching people talk about how this guy played for bad teams yet cant even recognize when their own Jets team is bad across the board. 

Like I said and will always say, Fitz get the benefit of the doubt because his poor play wasnt in a Jets uniform. That doesnt mean that he sucks now because he's been doing just enough to get by. When it comes to wins/losses thats really all that counts in the end of the day, but putting this dude on a pedestal is just laughable. 

Just enjoy the 4-1 record and get ready for New England.

Many people said fitz sucked, you don't suck the way people were going on and still win 4 games.  Fitz is exactly what most people a reasonable outlook thought.  A physically limited player that would make a few mistakes but not down right give games away and be with a good oc.  The unreasonable people dumped,all over him.  Which one were you again?

lol, this is a pretty sad response honestly. You are usually a pretty knowledgeable poster, and good poster, but you obviously take yourself way too seriously. The next time I give two shts about my feedback on a sports teams message board will be the first. Jets are 4-1, sorry you are so butthurt over Geno losing his job, if he had any leadership ability whatsoever, he would have paid his debts and avoided the situation that led to this. He did not, Fitpatrick has the team 4-1, now you are getting bitter and petty, sad.

If you got all of this ^^^^ from me saying that the dude is lucky to have all of this talent around him then I am actually right about the fact that what you're saying in fact doesnt matter. 

I will never wish my team to do bad, or for the guy at the helm not to succeed, but like Sperm Edwards even pointed out, this guy isnt as good on the field as you guys love to portray. Im making that a point because you guys are making the point to make the same freaking thread about nonsense every week. 

If people have problems about criticism and lack of agreement on fitzpatrick then stop making Fitzpatrick/Geno threads every damn week. Fitz is the starter. I obviously understand this, its you guys that have to go through the motion of how awesome he is over Geno that is pretty sad here. 

The fact that someone talks about "love" when making a valid point pretty much sums it up. The fact that we have these exact threads week in or week out sums it up. The fact that I know that if we lose next week and Fitz doesnt have a good game that im going to see "Geno Smith threads" sums it up. 

The fact that this dude makes ridiculous comments shouldnt sum up anything for you in respects to my rebuttal to his comments that historically is worthless here. 

But like I said, im wasting my time arguing what I know because I've been a Jets fan long enough to have seen it before. Im going to enjoy this 4-1 start and hope that we dont get destroyed next week (though I personally think we're going to sweep the Pats this year), because if we do lose bad there's going to be alot of self ownage on this forum and all i'll do is sit back and laugh, just like I did with all the nonsense that came out of that Philly loss. 

It never fails with you guys. 

A declaration that this is not worth your time and the walk away when proven a bit silly. Another page from millennial playbook.

Have fun being bitter Villain. The rest of us moved on the moment Geno got punched, and are much happier for it. 

Jets could be 14-1 going into week 17 and if Jets lose from resting their starters, the Geno lovers will call for a QB change lol

I have literally not read one person giving Fitz most the credit. What most people said is given who he is, he is doing a pretty good job. The credit goes to the defense, Marshall, Ivory, and the coaching staff before Fitz. People are just happy to have a QB making some good decisions and not losing games, and even contributing to some positive plays. How dare we! We are such bad fans!

It's nice to have a leader that doesn't fire backwards into his own troops for a change

Many people said fitz sucked, you don't suck the way people were going on and still win 4 games.  Fitz is exactly what most people a reasonable outlook thought.  A physically limited player that would make a few mistakes but not down right give games away and be with a good oc.  The unreasonable people dumped,all over him.  Which one were you again?

Most of them just regurgitating the ad naseum press opinions that Fitz is "Brett Favre's reckessness with Chad Pennington's arm" because they think it makes them look smart, or fair and balanced. 

Fan, derived from "fanatic," meaning "zealous person, person affected by enthusiasm. It's ok to get swept up in and enjoy the ride, guys.

It's pretty easy to read two witnesses to determine who is likely more credible. Always trust the witness who offers direct evidence in testimony "I saw Joe take the bag of money." Over the one who offers generalizations "The people in the bank agree that Joe took the money."

Who are these "Fans"--you are the one who defines who they are and what they believe? All of those speaking against you offer direct comment specific to you or your opinion. You rely only on generalization. Really not hard to see who speaks with more credibility.

Im going to enjoy this 4-1 record. Im no longer entertaining the stupidity because whenever we get a 2nd loss the tune will be different. Its a wishy washing fanbase. I dont know why I entertain stuff like this, especially after a win. 

Villain, kindly tell us how we're "portraying" Fitz? Not one person here has stated we think he's anything great. Just better than Geno, and pretty clearly so (which isn't all that hard to do). Not sure how a reasonable person can't come to the same conclusion.

I thought he had his best game for us today to be honest.  

Im going to enjoy this 4-1 record. Im no longer entertaining the stupidity because whenever we get a 2nd loss the tune will be different. Its a wishy washing fanbase. I dont know why I entertain stuff like this, especially after a win. 

Wishy washy?????????  How about 46 years and counting bite your tongue 

Well thank goodness we have you here to pee on the campfire before bed to protect the forest

Not against Brady. I'm already taking that as a loss and moving on

Villain, kindly tell us how we're "portraying" Fitz? Not one person here has stated we think he's anything great. Just better than Geno, and pretty clearly so (which isn't all that hard to do). Not sure how a reasonable person can't come to the same conclusion.

Thats the problem there. He's better than Geno how? His record? How's he better than Geno, have we seen Geno with this group? No. The statement is nothing more than assumption based on hatred because of past history with lackluster talent and poor coaching. 

But like I told JGB, arguing this is like yelling at a baby, as if a baby would understand your yelling and frustration. It's my fault for even doing so because everything I just said above will be shown irrelvant by the response, because we're dealing with favoritism and hatred, not a good 4-1 record and start to the season. Its continuing to try to throw this man's d""k in the dirt because its fun for people to do that. 

Then watch @jgb ask "who are these "people" you're talking about. lol. 

So I've responded to the two of you and I hope you guys enjoy your Geno bashing and 4-1 record to support the act. 

Thats the problem there. He's better than Geno how? His record? How's he better than Geno, have we seen Geno with this group? No. The statement is nothing more than assumption based on hatred because of past history with lackluster talent and poor coaching. 

But like I told JGB, arguing this is like yelling at a baby, as if a baby would understand your yelling and frustration. It's my fault for even doing so because everything I just said above will be shown irrelvant by the response, because we're dealing with favoritism and hatred, not a good 4-1 record and start to the season. Its continuing to try to throw this man's d""k in the dirt because its fun for people to do that. 

So I've responded to the two of you and I hope you guys enjoy your Geno bashing and 4-1 record to support the act. 

Fitz is better based on actual real evidence of performance on field during games, which is the point. Argument for Geno is the side based totally on assumptions, speculation, extrapolations, totally unproveable arguments like "ceiling," and Twits sent from training camp

Because I believe Fitzpatrick is a better leader. Marshall and Decker like him. Geno. on the other hand, managed to get punched in the face in his own locker room without anyone coming to his aid.

If you got all of this ^^^^ from me saying that the dude is lucky to have all of this talent around him then I am actually right about the fact that what you're saying in fact doesnt matter. 

I will never wish my team to do bad, or for the guy at the helm not to succeed, but like Sperm Edwards even pointed out, this guy isnt as good on the field as you guys love to portray. Im making that a point because you guys are making the point to make the same freaking thread about nonsense every week. 

If people have problems about criticism and lack of agreement on fitzpatrick then stop making Fitzpatrick/Geno threads every damn week. Fitz is the starter. I obviously understand this, its you guys that have to go through the motion of how awesome he is over Geno that is pretty sad here. 

if the jets finish 8-8 the fitzy lovers will cry that with geno we are 4-12

funny thing.. He is not better than Geno per se. He plays better, uses his head and clearly gets the entire playbook and gameplay.

Geno Can throw better and is physically better.  But I'll stick wi th the beard....

Villy,  you ignorant slut!

Fitz is better based on actual real evidence of performance on field during games, which is the point. Argument for Geno is the side based totally on assumptions, speculation, extrapolations, totally unproveable arguments like "ceiling," and Twits sent from training camp

That sure as hell wasnt the case before the beginning of this season right? Geno has won more games in a season than Fitz did. 

It was all assumption based on pass performance, however what you guys are doing is saying that he's better based on bullsh*t. Its not like Geno had this group and couldnt succeed then Fitz came in and straightened things up. Geno hasnt played with this talent. Thats all im saying. No need for the comparisons 6 weeks into the freaking season when the're no way to prove it. But it looks like its not just my ego at play here that cant seem to "let it go" given that this 4-1 is giving guys heart to speak on it though they'd be the same ones humble if things were different

Like I said, when Geno plays and fails with this group then I'll be on board with the comparison, for now im on board with 4-1 but not taking unnecessary shots at my back up QB. Hopefully we dont get into situations where Fitz has to throw deep alot and we should be good. 

That sure as hell wasnt the case before the beginning of this season right? Geno has won more games in a season than Fitz did. 

It was all assumption based on pass performance, however what you guys are doing is saying that he's better based on bullsh*t. Its not like Geno had this group and couldnt succeed then Fitz came in and straightened things up. Geno hasnt played with this talent. Thats all im saying. No need for the comparisons 6 weeks into the freaking season when the're no way to prove it. But it looks like its not just my ego at play here that cant seem to "let it go". 

Like I said, when Geno plays and fails with this group then I'll be on board with the comparison, for now im on board with 4-1 but not taking unnecessary shots at my back up QB. Hopefully we dont get into situations where Fitz has to throw deep alot and we should be good. 

This has nothing to do with letting it go. This has to do with being happy after a victory and saying nothing

Complaining after a win is dumb. Period. Say NOTHING. Don't say "Oh he's a lucky guy." I dont give a sh*t. We won the game and that's that

Then dont make a thread comparing a starter to a guy who's not on the field. How about discussing the win...Period. 

How about you lead by example since you're engaged in the convo that you shouldnt be having PERIOD. 

He did a good job today. Give him his props and move along. Now if this thread pops up in a game where he is bad, I could understand frustration

I did give him props, the amount he deserved. When it came to comparing then I made sure to clear the fact that this success isnt based on the arm of Fitz but as a collective. If you have a problem with me addressing this then dont read my comments. Block me or something. 

Archived