What does a win next week say?

jetsfan719

I for one did not think we would be 4-1 by this time in the season. Its annoying we should be 5-0 given a few plays but thats football. I dont think anyone thought we would be coming out like this. However the teams we have been playing have been slightly on the easy side except the colts. Next week we go against the most dominant team in nfl. I can honestly say im afraid next week. Any dumb fumbles or turnovers and we can easily be blown out by half time by brady. However, what type of statement does this team make if we shut down the pats next week. Do u think bowles has them coming out hungry next week ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one did not think we would be 4-1 by this time in the season. Its annoying we should be 5-0 given a few plays but thats football. I dont think anyone thought we would be coming out like this. However the teams we have been playing have been slightly on the easy side except the colts. Next week we go against the most dominant team in nfl. I can honestly say im afraid next week. Any dumb fumbles or turnovers and we can easily be blown out by half time by brady. However, what type of statement does this team make if we shut down the pats next week. Do u think bowles has them coming out hungry next week ?

I'm not. I think we are going to lose, especially there. I think we have a better chance against them later in the year. The game after that in Oakland is a big game, because I think we can go to the playoffs and we need to win these games.

it means they over came the headsets going dead on a key 4th quarter drive, belicheat sending ballboys into look at the jets whiteboards, probably a fire alarm going off in the hotel at 3:00 am, and the pats* running 37 illegal pick plays and getting away with it

Nothing. It means we're 5-1, and will at least be 5-11 for the season. Bowles is clear you don't win or lose championships in Octover. Beating NE simply means we'd be 5-1. Tying anything more than that into the game this early in the season is foolish.

I'm not. I think we are going to lose, especially there. I think we have a better chance against them later in the year. The game after that in Oakland is a big game, because I think we can go to the playoffs and we need to win these games.

Go look at the film from last year how a pathetic Jet team lost to the Pats by a total of 3 points in 2 games and lets not forget we had one of the worst HC's in team history..

If the Jets win next week it means that they are legitimate Superbowl contenders and not just a playoff team. It would also say that the division is not out of the question, like most of us assume it is.

This game will say a lot about where the Jets are truly at. I can't wait to see how Todd Bowles matches up with Belicheat.

If the Jets win next week it means that they are legitimate Superbowl contenders and not just a playoff team. It would also say that the division is not out of the question, like most of us assume it is.

This game will say a lot about where the Jets are truly at. I can't wait to see how Todd Bowles matches up with Belicheat.

Face palm.

I understand championships arent won in october, but for a team to come in expecting to come out flat wit no qb in beginning of season, i think its saying teams need to start taking us seriously. Like previous posts. We came within 2 pts last year with an atrocious team. This team is the dream team compared to last years.

Jets need to be focused more than hungry 

I just dont understand how were being written off for this game. I get pats are steam rollin through the league but if any team has a chance to stop them its our def.

The Steelers were steam rolling last year then ran into the 1-8 Jets and lost..

It says we are 5-1 with a much improved Raiders team coming up after that

If the Jets win next week, they become a serious contender. Bowles has brought discipline to this team, and they are clicking on both sides of the ball.

If you can't enjoy the ride, then what's the point? Go Jets!

Contender for what? The 5-1 championship?

Contender for what? The 5-1 championship?

The division and a Superbowl run. The Jets have one of the best defenses in the league, an adequate offense, and they would be coming off a road victory against the potentially undefeated defending Superbowl champs.

They would certainly be in the conversation. Why not?

The division and a Superbowl run. The Jets have one of the best defenses in the league, an adequate offense, and they would be coming off a road victory against the potentially undefeated defending Superbowl champs.

They would certainly be in the conversation. Why not?

Why not? Because 5-1 means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Yes it's nice to be there if we do, but nobody is a SB contender at 5-1, just like it doesn't mean we're doomed if we're 4-2. Every week is one game, that's it. 5-1 clinches nothing. It guarantees nothing, and it certainly doesn't make us SB contenders.

I would love for the Jets to win, but I think the Pats are just too good at this point.  Maybe we can slow them down a lot with our D, but even their weak defense will likely be able to slow us down; if the game gets away, we will not be able to come back.  Just my opinion.

Ryan, somehow, always kept the Pats close (except for the one bad game); I hope Bowles has it in them.  If the D is really charged and starts out strong like Dallas did, and we can control the clock - maybe; it would be f'n great and line us up for a chance for the division if not a playoff spot, but I don't think it will happen.

Why not? Because 5-1 means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Yes it's nice to be there if we do, but nobody is a SB contender at 5-1, just like it doesn't mean we're doomed if we're 4-2. Every week is one game, that's it. 5-1 clinches nothing. It guarantees nothing, and it certainly doesn't make us SB contenders.

I agree that it means nothing. Being a contender isn't an accomplishment. It's just an opinion at one particular point of the season.

Go look at the film from last year how a pathetic Jet team lost to the Pats by a total of 3 points in 2 games and lets not forget we had one of the worst HC's in team history..

Cute the first part might be correct but you and I know that Rex isn't one of the worst HCs in team history!!

What is scary is someone liked your post!!!

lol at some of you

going up and beating the Pats in their home to get to 5-1 and a share of first place would be HUGE. It's not 'just another game'. This is a team that has dominated the division for 15 years. Super Bowl Champs. 'Best' team in the AFC. A win would cement the Jets place as contenders.

F the Pats.

Watching this game tonight.. the Jets are winning next week. Revis on Edelman. Gronk gets shadowed by Gilcrest. Just have to account for Lewis out of the backfield. Marshall/Decker are too good for the Pats CBs, and Ivory is going to rip their front 7 apart.

Watching this game tonight.. the Jets are winning next week. Revis on Edelman. Gronk gets shadowed by Gilcrest. Just have to account for Lewis out of the backfield. Marshall/Decker are too good for the Pats CBs, and Ivory is going to rip their front 7 apart.

Love it...let's get the game thread started now...can't believe Brady was arguing about the opi call before the half

Archived