Chris Ivory is on his last year of his contract. Talk of being best RB in league not good.

Jetsbb

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are 4-1 Ivory is having a career season no need to talk this sh*t go away. 

Valid point to bring up and discuss that can affect our future. Who made you the thought police? If you don't have something to contribute to the topic then get the **** out.

Adrian Peterson makes 14 mill/year as a reference. Ivory is making 2 mill this year...

I think you're saying it's bad for our players to do well, because then we're going to have to pay them?

Do you hope that Mo, Cro, etc., all have mediocre years so we can win the salary cap wars?

I think you're saying it's bad for our players to do well, because then we're going to have to pay them?

Do you hope that Mo, Cro, etc., all have mediocre years so we can win the salary cap wars?

This is the proper way to shame the OP lol.

joewilly12 please take note. 

I do agree this is an odd thread to start 4 hours after victory. But I took it that he's really happy with Ivory and knows he's not signed for next year. I don't think he's rooting for him to do worse so he's cheaper next year. Just that he sees that it will be more difficult to retain Ivory, and it came up now because he's high on how well Ivory did again. 

I don't know why you guys are being such asses..the point is valid, although I don't think it helps that he brings up Peterson's contract (clearly Ivory isn't going to get $14M/season).

It will be interesting to see how his contract plays out and I do hope that the Jets are able to lock him up on a longer contract. Nothing too long term due to his running style and age but he is one of the better backs out there. 

No I'm not we are wininng 4-1 only the doubters and SOJ fans would bring this up why?????

Larz agrees

Like I said in response to your PM, you have not been elected bouncer at JN. And Larz didn't tell anyone to leave the website. Only you did. You can dislike his topic without chasing away new posters. It is not your job and not your place. 

He LIKES Ivory. Ivory is having a great season. He wants to retain Ivory. Ivory will be more difficult to retain. That is how I took it. He wasn't ripping on Ivory.

I wouldn't have started an oh-no-next-season thread 4 hours after an easy victory, but like I said earlier you were way out of line.

Like I said in response to your PM, you have not been elected bouncer at JN. And Larz didn't tell anyone to leave the website. Only you did. You can dislike his topic without chasing away new posters. It is not your job and not your place. 

He LIKES Ivory. Ivory is having a great season. He wants to retain Ivory. Ivory will be more difficult to retain. That is how I took it. He wasn't ripping on Ivory.

I wouldn't have started an oh-no-next-season thread 4 hours after an easy victory, but like I said earlier you were way out of line.

Ok I guess I was harsh  GO AWAY DUMP and BAN just seemed fitting I apologize for the comments but not for him bringing this up when we are 4-1 

Guilt by association, bitch.

I would like to amend my post.  I should have posted "while the economics of professional football can certainly be frustrating, having a reliable and productive ball carrier greatly enhances a teams chances of winning the game"

Ivory's a really good player. He's also had a history of being injury prone, still missed a game due to injury this season, and if this continues it will obviously be a career year for him.

DeMarco Murray who is essentially the same age as Ivory and also has had a history of being injury prone hit FA this past March (one year younger) after an unbelievable season that Ivory isn't likely to match.

Murray got 5/$40 with $21m guaranteed. Those are much more reasonable figures to throw around than Peterson's $14m per season, and I don't suspect Ivory will even get there given he'll essentially hit FA a little worse than Murray in each of those big picture categories I listed earlier.

And obviously as pointed out by others - if Ivory has the kind of season that it's even a discussion it's a pretty great problem to have. But I don't think 28 year old historically injury prone RB's who are coming off career seasons typically garner $14m per year contracts.

Adrian Peterson makes 14 mill/year as a reference. Ivory is making 2 mill this year...

Ivory is not the best RB in the league. But yes, that 2mil salary will most likely reach 5-7 mil depending on his new deal as he'll most likely get an incentive laden deal with his style of play and injury history.

Ivory is not the best RB in the league. But yes, that 2mil salary will most likely reach 5-7 mil depending on his new deal as he'll most likely get an incentive laden deal with his style of play and injury history.

forsett got 3 years $9M after a pro bowl season last year. he's 30 but has low mileage, Ivory is probably in the same range

Archived