While we were arguing Fitz' worth in the game thread...

GREENBEAN

As much as some of us Jets fans struggle with the idea of Fitz being our QB with his limitations, Here is an interesting little tid bit of fact. not feelings. Turns out we watched the best Jets QB performance in 10 years yesterday.

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

This is stunning: Ryan Fitzpatrick's 99.0 Total QBR was the highest by a Jets' quarterback in a game in the last 10 seasons, according to ESPN Stats & Info. His 18-yard TD run was the longest by a Jets' QB since Richard Todd (1980). Todd Bowles joked with Fitzpatrick on the sideline, saying they should install the read-option. No thanks, Fitzpatrick replied.

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
12h

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as some of us Jets fans struggle with the idea of Fitz being our QB with his limitations, Here is an interesting little tid bit of fact. not feelings. Turns out we watched the best Jets QB performance in 10 years yesterday.

This is stunning: Ryan Fitzpatrick's 99.0 Total QBR was the highest by a Jets' quarterback in a game in the last 10 seasons, according to ESPN Stats & Info. His 18-yard TD run was the longest by a Jets' QB since Richard Todd (1980). Todd Bowles joked with Fitzpatrick on the sideline, saying they should install the read-option. No thanks, Fitzpatrick replied.

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
12h

Too bad some people didn't get to enjoy it because they hate the guy for not having a stronger arm.

While there is nothing spectacular about Fitzpatrick...at the present time, he's getting it done. If he was better...we'd be 5-0...but I also have my doubts that we'd be 4-1 with Geno in there. Fitz has earned a bit of good faith with me...and his teammates, most importantly.

Im content with enjoying our good fortune...for now.

While there is nothing spectacular about Fitzpatrick...at the present time, he's getting it done. If he was better...we'd be 5-0...but I also have my doubts that we'd be 4-1 with Geno in there. Fitz has earned a bit of good faith with me...and his teammates, most importantly.

Im content with enjoying our good fortune...for now.

We lost 1 game this year and it was the defenses fault.  So there is no scenario where we are 5-0.

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
12h

it was not the Jets best performance by a QB in 10 years.  He played by far his best of the season but let's not get silly.

it was not the Jets best performance by a QB in 10 years.  He played by far his best of the season but let's not get silly.

If you want silly look no further than JetNation's NYJ Report Card .... 

Fitzpatrick: 19/26, 253 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 4 rushes for 31 yards, 1 TD 

"It was an up and down day for Fitzpatrick..." 

Grade: C

Too bad some people didn't get to enjoy it because they hate the guy for not having a stronger arm.

I don't think trying to polarize people that disagree with you is helpful.  I think that all of us hope that either Geno or Fitz (or both) will perform better this year than their history suggests they will.  We don't have a particularly high bar.  

Trying to bait people with inflammatory comments - not based on anything in this thread - doesn't really accomplish anything.

I don't think trying to polarize people that disagree with you is helpful.  I think that all of us hope that either Geno or Fitz (or both) will perform better this year than their history suggests they will.  We don't have a particularly high bar.  

Trying to bait people with inflammatory comments - not based on anything in this thread - doesn't really accomplish anything.

Right, because nobody was polarized before.

Which is why the article says highest "QBR in 10 years", not "best performance".

You argue with people constantly for things that weren't printed or said, because you seem to think your own misinterpretation is everyone's misinterpretation. 

If in your world that's a polarizing and inflammatory comment that is baiting people into ...blah blah blah  - you're probably not going to like it here ...  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I have been down on Fitz most of the year but I thought he played really well yesterday.

Which is why the article says highest "QBR in 10 years", not "best performance".

You argue with people constantly for things that weren't printed or said, because you seem to think your own misinterpretation is everyone's misinterpretation. 

at some point you need to actually read.  PLEASE try reading, it will help all of us.  My post was in response to another poster writing

Turns out we watched the best Jets QB performance in 10 years yesterday.

A C grade is absurd. Fitz had a great game, whether you graded with your eyes or the stats. 

It was a brilliant game but I'm not sure about QBR, it's a bizarre stay with no credibility as far as I'm concerned.

He's definitely the best QB we've had since Favre got hurt, said it at the time we got him. He'll be frustrating with his inconsistency but he's got a great handle on everything up to the pass - His running of the offence, his movement in the pocket and his decisions with his feet have been exceptional, no less than you'd expect from a Harvard grad. It's actually pretty amazing that he can make some of the poor throwing decisions he does.

Hes had one really bad game, one really good one and the rest have been decent. He's brought stability to a position that's been a black hole for nearly 10 years. He clearly loves the setup he's been given here, it's the best opportunity he's had in his career to make a name for himself.

Ivory was invisible at Indy and we still won.  there were plays all over the field vs. Philly.  Fitz was dreadful that day. 

Ivory was hurt in the colt game Fitz was dreadful?? He was 22 of 34 passes 64% and 2 tds and a pick.. Ah your a Fitz hater I forgot..LOL

Ivory was hurt in the colt game Fitz was dreadful?? He was 22 of 34 passes 64% and 2 tds and a pick.. Ah your a Fitz hater I forgot..LOL

did you watch the game? we were +4 in TOs midway through the 4th yet only led 10-7.  I am not a Fitz hater, I just don't look at blind stats and pretend Fitrz was good.  he was pretty bad that night and single handedly kept Indy in the game.

did you watch the game? we were +4 in TOs midway through the 4th yet only led 10-7.  I am not a Fitz hater, I just don't look at blind stats and pretend Fitrz was good.  he was pretty bad that night and single handedly kept Indy in the game.

If the punch never happened who would have you liked to see start the season??

If the punch never happened who would have you liked to see start the season??

Geno would have started.  I am not a Geno fan but I sure would have liked to see him w/ these weapons BUT the punch may have been best for him.  He can learn from watching a pro in Fitz.  Chances are we will need Geno at some point.

I think that was play calling. The Jets were up 10-0 and had missed a makeable FG right before the half after a fumble recovery with a minute left.  As soon as the Colts scored the Jets walked down and put them away.  I think the play calls and Fitzpatrick were yellow light with the 10 point lead and went back to green when it was cut to 3.  -To steal a Rex-Sanchezism.

I think that was play calling. The Jets were up 10-0 and had missed a makeable FG right before the half after a fumble recovery with a minute left.  As soon as the Colts scored the Jets walked down and put them away.  I think the play calls and Fitzpatrick were yellow light with the 10 point lead and went back to green when it was cut to 3.  -To steal a Rex-Sanchezism.

yes that is true, gailey had fitz on a short leash, which was a good idea after that horrendous INT. We also got bailed out by forcing the fumble at the goal line

he had some ugly throws in that game but it all factors in.

I'll take the weaker arm and the quick decisions to either get rid of the ball or tuck it and run.    I'd love to have Aaron Rodgers sitting back there picking teams apart but it's so refreshing seeing a QB actually help the OL by getting rid of the ball rather than running backwards 10 yards with no real plan.   

This season has been so much fun this far.   The QB isn't costing the team games and the defense is good enough to keep it close.    nobody is taking the jets seriously yet b/c of the schedule but the game this Sunday is the biggest on the NFL schedule and should be a barometer of how good the D actually is.  Holding the Pats* under 30 won't be easy but at least I can see this offense finding a way to put up 24-27 points.   

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I have been down on Fitz most of the year but I thought he played really well yesterday.

at some point you need to actually read.  PLEASE try reading, it will help all of us.  My post was in response to another poster writing

My response to you inherently corrects him, but it's @GREENBEAN and he's not an obnoxious clod who needs his nose rubbed in it. 

You spend a lot of time here chastising people for you being wrong. The reading comprehension problem is not everyone else's. 

Stats like completion % are misleading with fitz, Marshall is like a vacuum that snatches up poorly thrown wobblers

When you think about it, those passes shouldn't count at all. I'd gladly take that yardage, and any associated points, back if it means proving that Fitzpatrick is just as average as everyone says and knows he is. 

icon-espn-e-@2x.png
12h

I know I'm not the sharpest knife in this box, but Geno had a 158.3 QBR in the last game against Miami last year. How is that different from what we're talking about here?

My response to you inherently corrects him, but it's @GREENBEAN and he's not an obnoxious clod who needs his nose rubbed in it. 

You spend a lot of time here chastising people for you being wrong. The reading comprehension problem is not everyone else's. 

I am no rubbing anything in to anyone, I was merely taking part in the discussion and responding to his post.  you should try it some time.

Have someone read my posts for you then explain it.  That should help.

Archived