Patriots Week..What's the game plan?

Jetster

Now, we need a thread just to list all the ways the Patriots have to cheat to beat the vaunted Jets. You have a running game with an average QB. If we decide to try and stop the run, and it works, I'll let Fitzpatrick try to beat us all day. Let him throw and throw. Not scared one bit on that front.

That is clever. I am not sure how you stop Marshall. The CBs are average at best. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, we need a thread just to list all the ways the Patriots have to cheat to beat the vaunted Jets. You have a running game with an average QB. If we decide to try and stop the run, and it works, I'll let Fitzpatrick try to beat us all day. Let him throw and throw. Not scared one bit on that front.

average QB with scrambling ability and has better than avg receivers. not a bad compliment to a strong running game.

lol at 'If we decide to try and stop the run, and it works'. probably a good idea. you should give a heads up to bill.

The norm for a pats fan, at least the ones that come on here.  Quote a post and make a reply that has absolutely nothing to do with the quoted post.

According to the tweets I'm reading, this Sunday the Jets should have in the secondary: Revis, Cromartie, Skrine, Pryor, Gilchrist, Williams, Milliner, McDougle.  

#BlanketThePats

Miliner CANNOT play this week, by rule. He will not be playing.

And I don't have a ton of confidence that Williams plays this week or that McDougle doesn't get burned to a crisp.

I agree with pretty much everything JiF just said.  I would have no problems with our team taking some early risks to score tds.  If you are in the redzone vs the pats you have to score tds because they are most often going to score on you.  I'd rather lose taking some risks on offense than losing being passive and kicking 3's.  We've seen that happen a lot in the past with teams that play the Pats.

Agreed.  I'd be perfectly fine with a couple of going for it calls on 4th and in their territory, if necessary.  You have to score TD's vs. the Pats.  

a couple of odd notes:

we have not won at NE in the regular season against NE when Brady has started since 2006 and after that game they tore up the field and went to artificial turf.  Our only other reg season win at NE was our first game ever at Gilette in 2002.

This will be the first 1PM game for the Jets at Foxboro since 2007.  This tells us the sched makers did not expect us to be any good.

Let's hope we get reg season win #3 in Foxboro against Brady.

Archived