Quincy Enunwa Suspended

Maxman

Just got this from the NY Jets:

Quincy Enunwa of the New York Jets has been suspended without pay for the team’s next four games for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy

Enunwa’s suspension begins immediately. He will be eligible to return to the Jets’ active roster on Friday, November 13 following the team’s November 12 game against the Buffalo Bills.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enunwa is a total JAG. Actually less of one. If this means Kerley might actually see the field this is good IMO.

Yup...the one game Kerley played (when Decker was out) he produced.  I know he's not what Gaily wants, but he's better than Enunwa.  He catches what's thrown to him.

Was this for an event this year or is this from last year when he had that

issue with his girlfriend???  They'll probably call up Saxton from the

practice squad, he's a good fit as a H-back

Statement by the New York Jets

“We support and respect the NFL’s decision to suspend Quincy Enunwa. The New York Jets share the NFL's ongoing commitment to raising awareness of the frequency and impact of domestic and relationship violence, supporting survivors, and encouraging others to speak out and seek help.”

In theory, you would think Enunwa shouldn't be missed, but there is a little room for concern when you realize he's the only non-RB not named Marshall or Decker to catch anything yesterday.  If Owusu is back then it will mean nothing, otherwise things need to be sorted out for Kerley and/or Smith.

“We support and respect the NFL’s decision to suspend Quincy Enunwa. The New York Jets share the NFL's ongoing commitment to raising awareness of the frequency and impact of domestic and relationship violence, supporting survivors, and encouraging others to speak out and seek help.”

This sh*t again?  Un-friggin-believable.  They really should cut his ass.

Roto states that it stems from his domestic abuse arrest - which I believe he was acquitted of - from September 2014.

translation:

HEY SHELDON!

you're gonna be docked some MORE games and paychecks in 2016.   Leverage: Jets

So this appears to be in response to the issue he had with his girlfriend last year.  Which

means Richardson will probably get another suspension next year

Roto states that it stems from his domestic abuse arrest - which I believe he was acquitted of - from September 2014.

translation:

HEY SHELDON!

not necessarily, the NFL has decided to go especially hard on domestic violence.  Sheldon is a totally unrelated category.

translation:

HEY SHELDON!

Wait... from all the way back then? And they drop the suspension during Patriots week? Yeah, that's not a coincidence.

not necessarily, the NFL has decided to go especially hard on domestic violence.  Sheldon is a totally unrelated category.

Agreed.  If Sheldon gets the resisting arrest dropped they'll be no additional suspension.  He won't get suspended for a speeding ticket - at that point that's all it'll be.

Cumberland is back and that was where I was worried.  I am okay with Kerley and/or Smith for Enunwa.  It is possible that Owusu will come back. He was doubtful this week, but still has not practiced. 

I have to admit that as far as H-back/TE goes, my least favorite player made a couple of nice plays yesterday.  A nice seal block on Ivory's big run and recovering the onside kick that it seemed nobody wanted.  Was that thing greased or something?

No great loss we can easily replace him I'm quite sure theres somebody on someones practice squad that is better than him. 

Or we make a trade for someone better. 

NFL suspended Jets WR Quincy Enunwa four games for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.

The ban is related to Enunwa's September 2014 arrest on domestic violence charges. Enunwa has been heavily utilized this season, playing 49-of-67 snaps in Sunday's win over the Redskins. He has only eight catches, however. Enunwa's absence will likely mean more snaps for Devin Smith, or perhaps even Jeremy Kerley.

Good bye moron.  You were clinging to a spot by your finger nails as it was and have done really nothing to suggest you can be a player other than having some size.  time to go shopping for TE's on other teams psquads.

Commenting on things that you have no idea about (as usual).  This "incident" took place last year and the Jets have been well aware of it.  

translation:

HEY SHELDON!

You can't hide from the long arm of the NFL 

Archived