- That's our point differential in the second half of the games so far:

CLE 17 - 0
IND 10 - 7
PHI 10 - 0
MIA  7 - 7
WSH 24 - 7

Very impressive halftime adjustments by the staff to clamp down on our
opponents

- Have to give credit to the offensive staff for the development of Ivory.
He's not just the power back we saw in his first two years.  Now he's
showing good vision, patience finding holes and improved speed.  In
addition Ivory no longer is a liability in the screen game

CLE 17 - 0
IND 10 - 7
PHI 10 - 0
MIA  7 - 7
WSH 24 - 7

opponents

FWIW, I had read some articles about Ivory concentrating on his speed and receiving in the off-season.  It is not necessarily something to credit the new offensive staff with.  OTOH, credit them with using him.  You can notice the running game go south yesterday when they tried to give him a breather after his long runs.

This team reminds me of 04. That year Donnie Henderson (I think) had the Jets Defense playing great in the 2nd half of games. I think they had like 6 2nd half shutouts. They also had a weak armed smart leader of a QB (Penny), a good o line and a very good RB (Martin). That team should have gone to the AFC Title Game. If the Jets can fix their special teams they could be dangerous.

I think it is even more dramatic in the 3rd Q; This is exactly what it should be, we start kicking butt in the 3rd Q, but in the fourth we have been in the lead, switching to mostly running the football, and often the other team is having to go for it on 4th.  It is actually nice to see other teams get 'desperate' in the fourth against us as we are dominating; unlike in the past when people would go for it on 4th in the 1st half as they didn't respect us.

I love the way we adjust and come out strong in the 2nd half.  It would be nice, however, to start out strong like in the Miami game.  This team actually can play out the 4th strong even if they start strong...

FWIW, I had read some articles about Ivory concentrating on his speed and receiving in the off-season.  It is not necessarily something to credit the new offensive staff with.  OTOH, credit them with using him.  You can notice the running game go south yesterday when they tried to give him a breather after his long runs.

not to take away from Ivory, but with a lead, bringing in Stacy sort of screamed run play given the circumstances.

It's even better than it looks.

37-0 in the 3rd quarter, which - considering we've been comfortably winning all those games where we've conceded in the 4th - means we're giving up nothing but garbage time scores in the 4th.

The defence has been so good. I think people have underrated the pass rushing too, it hasn't been bad. Those lineman are terrifying QB's. I genuinely hope we crush Brady in the most literal sense. Should be awesome seeing two of the league's best units go at it.

I'm loving the fact that the Defense is shutting down teams in the 2 minute drill at the end of the 1st and 2nd half and that our offense has thrived in this area.

With Rex's "D" he would go into a prevent and teams would shred us.... Bowles get's even more agressive! 

What a difference Chan has made... of course BM and Decker along with Ivory are excellent tools to work with.

This team reminds me of 04. That year Donnie Henderson (I think) had the Jets Defense playing great in the 2nd half of games. I think they had like 6 2nd half shutouts. They also had a weak armed smart leader of a QB (Penny), a good o line and a very good RB (Martin). That team should have gone to the AFC Title Game. If the Jets can fix their special teams they could be dangerous.

THANKS FOR MAKING ME REMEMBER DOUG BRIEN BRAH

CLE 17 - 0
IND 10 - 7
PHI 10 - 0
MIA  7 - 7
WSH 24 - 7

opponents

And if not for a blocked punt vs Wash we would have 3 2nd half shutouts

One thing I love about this stat, is that Bowles completely downplays the halftime adjustments as well. Such a change.

Bowles has no desire to act like the Jets are doing anything special yet.  I listened to him closely when he said the defense has just reached the tip of the iceberg and hadn't done anything special yet I said, "Oh Boy we have a coach with the right attitude". 

When we are the level he envisions it's gonna be scary out here!!

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should figure out what the differential is in the 3rd quarter.  I don't think we have given up 3rd quarter points, and scored like 40.  Too much work for a lazy **** such as myself.  

So lazy you didn't read Irish Jets post! :P  It was 37-0 in 3rd quarter and in the 4th its actually only 7 pts as 14 pts were given up by special teams 

not to take away from Ivory, but with a lead, bringing in Stacy sort of screamed run play given the circumstances.

Not sure what you mean.  They weren't ahead the first couple of times they did it and they used Powell.  He went nowhere.  In particular after the 54 yarder.  It stalled the drive. Powell has been on the injured list too, so maybe that contributed.

Not sure what you mean.  They weren't ahead the first couple of times they did it and they used Powell.  He went nowhere.  In particular after the 54 yarder.  It stalled the drive. Powell has been on the injured list too, so maybe that contributed.

Yeah, talking about Stacy and the end of the game when it was obvious we were grinding the clock down. You can't hold it against Stacy that he was running to kill the clock in obvious run situations.

Yeah, talking about Stacy and the end of the game when it was obvious we were grinding the clock down. You can't hold it against Stacy that he was running to kill the clock in obvious run situations.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I love that Bowles takes Ivory and Decker out of play once we have a comfortable lead and the clock is on our side. In fact, play all the backups during garbage time, I say. 

I freak whenever an OL gets run into during a garbage time run to kill the clock. We're just trying to take somewhere between 110-120 seconds off the clock before punting it back to the other team anyway. Losing a Mangold- or even a Breno for an extended time on a garbage time run would dump us. 

Bowles has no desire to act like the Jets are doing anything special yet.  I listened to him closely when he said the defense has just reached the tip of the iceberg and hadn't done anything special yet I said, "Oh Boy we have a coach with the right attitude". 

When we are the level he envisions it's gonna be scary out here!!

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually what I really like is we'll never get to that level because I don't think Bowles has a point where he would be content.  His goal is to keep the guys hungry and keep improving. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I love that Bowles takes Ivory and Decker out of play once we have a comfortable lead and the clock is on our side. In fact, play all the backups during garbage time, I say. 

I freak whenever an OL gets run into during a garbage time run to kill the clock. We're just trying to take somewhere between 110-120 seconds off the clock before punting it back to the other team anyway. Losing a Mangold- or even a Breno for an extended time on a garbage time run would dump us. 

It could, but given the job he did in Arizona last year (with all those injuries), I think Bowles and his staff are the type that would be able to scheme around injuries better than past coaches.

Frankly, I don't want to find out.

It could, but given the job he did in Arizona last year (with all those injuries), I think Bowles and his staff are the type that would be able to scheme around injuries better than past coaches.

Frankly, I don't want to find out.

I'm not sure that extends to the offense.  They have already schemed around losing Richardson and injuries to Coples, Allen, and a ton of the bit players on D, like Mauldin.  They did not do so well scheming around the loss of Ivory and Decker.  I guess they are doing alright without Geno though. 

I'm not sure that extends to the offense.  They have already schemed around losing Richardson and injuries to Coples, Allen, and a ton of the bit players on D, like Mauldin.  They did not do so well scheming around the loss of Ivory and Decker.  I guess they are doing alright without Geno though. 

I'm not saying that success is guaranteed. I'm just saying, I'm not so sure losing a guy here or there is going to "sink" us.

Ultimately, I think this coaching staff is probably better prepared to foster a "next man up" environment. Rex was awful about that sh*t.

I'm not saying that success is guaranteed. I'm just saying, I'm not so sure losing a guy here or there is going to "sink" us.

Ultimately, I think this coaching staff is probably better prepared to foster a "next man up" environment. Rex was awful about that sh*t.

Right back to Rex.  I mean he didn't survive the loss of Jenkins at all.  Revis missed 3 games in 2010, the Pace and Ellis suspensions, Leonhard being injured.   The "next man up" environment succeeds from having better than dog sh*t next up. . 

Right back to Rex.  I mean he didn't survive the loss of Jenkins at all.  Revis missed 3 games in 2010, the Pace and Ellis suspensions, Leonhard being injured.   The "next man up" environment succeeds from having better than dog sh*t next up. . 

Right back to the scapegoats. Saw exactly where you were going... You're about as unpredictable as Dora the explorer. I'm not allowed to disagree with people so I cut to the chase. 

Archived