Fitz's Crockpot

Jets_Win

Listening to Fitz talk to the press after games I noticed he references his crockpot a lot. After the Jets beat the Redskins he said he was going to eat chili out of it. I know it's not a metaphor.

What are your favorite crockpot recipes, and what does Fitz's seeming obsession with crockpot cooking say about him?

Listening to Fitz talk to the press after games I noticed he references his crockpot a lot. After the Jets beat the Redskins he said he was going to eat chili out of it. I know it's not a metaphor.

What are your favorite crockpot recipes, and what does Fitz's seeming obsession with crockpot cooking say about him?

You know how fans always bitch about pro athletes that squander playing the game we love? Ryan Fitzpatrick seems like he isn't the squandering type.

He also seems like he like chili. I like chili. 

Ok I'll be the homo that actually posts a recipe:

4 chicken breasts

1 dry packet Lipton onion soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup (and one can of water added)

Stir/mix the Lipton packet with the cream of mushroom and water, then add the chicken. 4-5 hours on high. That's it. Thank me later.

Slow cook one whole chicken.

When chicken is done, debone and skin, leave drippings in pot.

Add a whole bunch of skinned tomatoes to the pot, put chicken meat back in and cook some more.  (Add mushrooms if you like)

Once tomatoes have basically been cooked down into sauce add some rice and cook until rice is ready.

Ok I'll be the homo that actually posts a recipe:

4 chicken breasts

1 dry packet Lipton onion soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup (and one can of water added)

Stir/mix the Lipton packet with the cream of mushroom and water, then add the chicken. 4-5 hours on high. That's it. Thank me later.

I very much like the sound of this.  will try it.

All I know Geno's crockpot chili has been pretty awful in the past, but with all these new fresh ingredients, I'm pretty sure Geno's chili would be much better than Fitz's chili.  It's flavor profile just has more upside.  Also, anyone who disagrees clearly has no pallet.

All I know Geno's crockpot chili has been pretty awful in the past, but with all these new fresh ingredients, I'm pretty sure Geno's chili would be much better than Fitz's chili.  It's flavor profile just has more upside.  Also, anyone who disagrees clearly has no pallet.

Geno's chilli will give you the poops.

Geno's chili also throws a better deep ball

The best sausage and peppers you will ever have can be achieved through using a crock pot.

THe entire recipe is the same. Just cook it for 6-8 hours in a crock pot instead. You will not believe how amazingly improved it is. 

I found Geno's chili thin and watery.  Almost as if someone was planning on eating it through a straw.  Weird huh?

PEPPEROCINI BEEF

1 3-5 LB pot roast. (Recipe calls for bottom round but I use top round. I also trim the major slab offat off it, before it goes in crock)

1 16 oz jar pepporcini, chopped and stems removed.(IMPORTANT-SAVE THE JUICE)

1 tablespoon worstecier sauce(sic?)

1/2 LB slice provolone 

16 oz sour cream and hot horseradish mixed together

2 loaves of French bread

-put top round, pepporcini (with juice!), and worstercier in crock and cook on low 8-10 hrs.

-removed top round and shred it in a bowl. Put back in crock pot for 1 hr on high

- put it on 2 loaves of French bread. Don't soak bread w too much juice. Use juice on side for dipping.

-broil provolone on top

-spread sour cream/horseradish mix on top of bread

-slice into 4 inch pieces.

-you are the Sunday afternoon hero.

PEPPEROCINI BEEF

1 3-5 LB pot roast. (Recipe calls for bottom round but I use top round. I also trim the major slab offat off it, before it goes in crock)

1 16 oz jar pepporcini, chopped and stems removed.(IMPORTANT-SAVE THE JUICE)

1 tablespoon worstecier sauce(sic?)

1/2 LB slice provolone 

16 oz sour cream and hot horseradish mixed together

2 loaves of French bread

-put top round, pepporcini (with juice!), and worstercier in crock and cook on low 8-10 hrs.

-removed top round and shred it in a bowl. Put back in crock pot for 1 hr on high

- put it on 2 loaves of French bread. Don't soak bread w too much juice. Use juice on side for dipping.

-broil provolone on top

-spread sour cream/horseradish mix on top of bread

-slice into 4 inch pieces.

-you are the Sunday afternoon hero.

That sounds positively delicious.

That sounds positively delicious.

it's freaking awesome. It's one of those dishes that's so good that you cook it over and over until you say, "we need a break from that one."

one of these days I'm gonna try it with some type of hot pepper instead of pepporcini, but if you making 1 st time stick w original recipe. Never fails.

it tells me fitz is a very smart man. a few years ago, my stove sh*t the bed. it was one of those slide in units that are expensive. told the wife that I need a week or so to come up with the dough, start using the crockpot. the food was so good, the next week or so turned into 2 months..lol. wife threatened to leave if I didn't replace the stove. best 2 months of mylife

it tells me fitz is a very smart man. a few years ago, my stove sh*t the bed. it was one of those slide in units that are expensive. told the wife that I need a week or so to come up with the dough, start using the crockpot. the food was so good, the next week or so turned into 2 months..lol. wife threatened to leave if I didn't replace the stove. best 2 months of mylife

However if you didn't replace the stove at all the rest of your life could have been better..:)

it's freaking awesome. It's one of those dishes that's so good that you cook it over and over until you say, "we need a break from that one."

one of these days I'm gonna try it with some type of hot pepper instead of pepporcini, but if you making 1 st time stick w original recipe. Never fails.

I had to google Pepporcini, there seems to be a wide variety of brands,  any recommendation on a brand type?

Archived