Fitz's Crockpot

Jets_Win

I had to google Pepporcini, there seems to be a wide variety of brands,  any recommendation on a brand type?

nope...just grab a 16-20oz oz jar of whole pepporcini in the condiment aisle..chop em up and DO NOT discard the juice.

..and make it 1 LB of provolone, not a half

PEPPEROCINI BEEF

1 3-5 LB pot roast. (Recipe calls for bottom round but I use top round. I also trim the major slab offat off it, before it goes in crock)

1 16 oz jar pepporcini, chopped and stems removed.(IMPORTANT-SAVE THE JUICE)

1 tablespoon worstecier sauce(sic?)

1/2 LB slice provolone 

16 oz sour cream and hot horseradish mixed together

2 loaves of French bread

-put top round, pepporcini (with juice!), and worstercier in crock and cook on low 8-10 hrs.

-removed top round and shred it in a bowl. Put back in crock pot for 1 hr on high

- put it on 2 loaves of French bread. Don't soak bread w too much juice. Use juice on side for dipping.

-broil provolone on top

-spread sour cream/horseradish mix on top of bread

-slice into 4 inch pieces.

-you are the Sunday afternoon hero.

your recipe sounds delicious. Two questions are pepporcini the same thing as pepperoncini, and does the sour cream horse radish go on the bread between it and the meat then the cheese on top of that? 

I am not afraid to admit I have no idea what the heck pepporcini is.... but that recipe sounds delish.

Pepperoncini (sic??) is the pepper you usually find in anti-pasta salad..

stemmed and chopped pepperoncini (WITH JUICE from pepporcini jar), top round and worstecier (sic?) ALL go in crock pot together, THEN cooked on low for 8-10 hrs. Take out roast, shred it and put back in on high for 1 hr.

sour cream horseradish spread is put on last as a spread (like mayo) 

Pepperoncini (sic??) is the pepper you usually find in anti-pasta salad..

stemmed and chopped pepperoncini (WITH JUICE from pepporcini jar), top round and worstecier (sic?) ALL go in crock pot together, THEN cooked on low for 8-10 hrs. Take out roast, shred it and put back in on high for 1 hr.

sour cream horseradish spread is put on last as a spread (like mayo) 

Damn. If I weren't sick with a cold I'd jump out and buy all that stuff, drop it in a crock, and pray.

PEPPEROCINI BEEF

1 3-5 LB pot roast. (Recipe calls for bottom round but I use top round. I also trim the major slab offat off it, before it goes in crock)

1/2 LB slice provolone 

2 loaves of French bread

-put top round, pepporcini (with juice!), and worstercier in crock and cook on low 8-10 hrs.

-removed top round and shred it in a bowl. Put back in crock pot for 1 hr on high

- put it on 2 loaves of French bread. Don't soak bread w too much juice. Use juice on side for dipping.

-broil provolone on top

Gonna have to try to kosherize that.  Skip the provalone, make it a horseradish mayo, lets see what happens ...

• 1 year later...
On 10/20/2015 at 5:33 PM, Shadetree said:

PEPPEROCINI BEEF

1/2 LB slice provolone 

2 loaves of French bread

-broil provolone on top

...thought I'd bump this recipe for those of you heading to supermarket and getting ready for snow and football.

im making this tomorrow for football. So psyched. Snowed in and watching playoff football guilt-free.

On 10/20/2015 at 11:21 AM, Saul Goodman said:

Ok I'll be the homo that actually posts a recipe:

4 chicken breasts

1 dry packet Lipton onion soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup (and one can of water added)

Stir/mix the Lipton packet with the cream of mushroom and water, then add the chicken. 4-5 hours on high. That's it. Thank me later.

This

SLOW COOKER TURKEY BREAST WITH GRAVY

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter or olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, peeled and chopped medium
  • 1 celery rib, chopped medium
  • 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • 2 tbsp fresh sage
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 5 lb turkey breast, bone in, skin on (removed later), trimmed of fat
  • salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS:

1. Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and cook until onion is soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
  2. Stir in flour and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of broth and scrape up any browned bits and smooth out any lumps; transfer to slow cooker.
  3.  Stir in remaining broth, water, wine, sage, and bay leaves into the slow cooker.
  4. Season turkey with salt and pepper, place skin side up in the slow cooker, cover and cook 5 to 7 hours on low, or until the turkey reaches 165 degrees with an instant-read thermometer(PS-165 is too high, take it out at 155 and tent it in foil for up to 1 hour before carving; if you have a probe set it at 150; dry turkey sucks)
  5. Transfer turkey to a cutting board tent loosely with with foil and let it rest 20 minutes.
  6. Let braising liquid settle for 5 minutes, then remove the fat from the surface using a large spoon or a gravy fat separator.
  7. Strain braising liquid into saucepan, discard celery, bay leaves and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Discard the skin and carve the turkey and serve with gravy.

Archived