Back from my first Metlife Experience...

Maxman

So as many of you know the legendary @JiF went to the Jets \ Redskins game. It was great meeting him, he is really nice. And unfortunately he is as good looking as he says he is.

He was here with his girlfriend and she is amazing as well.

Sad story though, Marvin Jones saw Mrs. Jif and he stole her. Swept her heart right away.

So sorry Jif. NJ can be very unforgiving like that.

This is a true story people.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finally got a chance to see the Jets in Metlife on Sunday.  We met some awesome JN posters and got my first tailgate Joe experience as well.  I saw plenty of games in the old stadium and being an out of the area Jets fan, plenty of road games since the stadium was built (especially in Florida) but last Sunday was my first trip to Metlife and we picked a great game to attend!

First off, thank you to all the welcoming and friendly JN posters who opened up their tailgate and invited me and my girlfriend in as part of the regular crew:

Maxman and son of the Maxman, Faba, BP, Courtnj18 (i think my gf has a new bf), Ecurb, De-Jet-Erate/Duane, AFJF, Panzer, Joebabyny and thanks Faba for walking me over to meet JoeC and 124.  If I forgot someone, I blame the beer and the Jetfuel shots JoeC forced down my throat.

Metlife stadium is u-g-l-y, ugly, on the outside.  When we got over the bridge to the middle of nowhere and saw our first view, I thought to myself, I've never seen an uglier stadium in my life.  The inside was nice though, at least where we were seated. We had some killer club seats so I didnt get to see the entire stadium but the section we were in (213, 50 yard line view) was awesome.  Comfy seats, plenty of leg room, friendly people, great view and easy access to the bar!  A couple of interesting things I noticed in my section, is no vendors walk the sections.  Zero.  No beers, food, nothing.  Never been to game like that before.  Also, "Alcohol Compliance", I guess officers?  That was a first too.  Saw them checking a ton of ID's for under age drinking and giving a lot of folks who even slightly looked drunk a very hard time.  So that was new. 

The crowd was pretty mild. The Jets chants were weak to say the least.  Nobody in my section even joined in when it happened.  I think I was the only one partaking.  Only one obnoxious Jets fan moment when a drunken idiot was leaving his seats he turned to a Skins fans sitting right next to me, stuck a middle finger in his face and screamed "**** the hogs".  Pretty interesting situation because this skins fans was 6'5, 250 and as soon as the Jets fan realized it, he backed off and apologized.  Felt bad for the Skins fan too.  He was a super nice guy and being totally respectful.  He barely even cheered when the skins were up.  The only other slightly obnoxious Jets fan moment, is when some dude screamed "Go Gators" to Marvin Jones when he made an appearance at the tailgate.

Thanks for all the tips from the board on what route we should take to get to the game.  We ended up just going the Uber route and the ride in was cake.  The ride back, was a nightmare.  2 1/2 hours stuck in traffic trying to get back to the city.  I love NYC but man, I couldnt not handle living their on a full time basis.  Not sure how anyone can but hey, to each his own, clearly there are plenty who disagree. 

Joe's tailgate food is legit.  After years of seeing pictures on the site, reading about the ingredients, I finally got to put it to the test and he did not disappoint.  That sausage roll was seriously one of the best I've ever tasted.  The gf and I attended the Jets + Chefs event for the NYCWFF and his sausage roll was better than anything we sampled at the event.  The Riceball too. Great spread all together with burgers and dogs an desserts.  I was full for the entire day!  I dont want to forget Maxman here.  He had a killer after game spread for us to chow on while watching the end of the Broncos/Browns game. :)

All in all, it was a great game day experience.  The tailgate scene was a lot of fun.  Lots of passionate Jets fans getting loose before the start of the game.  Thanks again to the JN crew. You really made me and the gf feel like we've know you for years.  I truly appreciated it, as I was slightly worried how she was going to take meeting a bunch of e-friends from the site but she really had a great time getting to know everyone.

Go Jets!  Lets take it to the Pats! 

Crusher nearly had a heart attack that would have had little to do with food after reading this thread title.  For a second I thought JiF went surfing in a hurricane or something until I remembered he was at the Jets game. 

For once, JiF wasn't a jinx.  The Jets and Mets both won despite his presence in the city.  So this story obviously had a very happy ending.

Crusher nearly had a heart attack that would have had little to do with food after reading this thread title.  For a second I thought JiF went surfing in a hurricane or something until I remembered he was at the Jets game. 

For once, JiF wasn't a jinx.  The Jets and Mets both won despite his presence in the city.  So this story obviously had a very happy ending.

Trust me, I had some serious anxiety about being that close to everything in such a crucial NY sports weekend. 

Maxman isnt lying though.  And as nice as everyone was, nobody even tried to help me.  They all just stood and watched as Marvin Jones stole my chick while cried like a baby.

Trust me, I had some serious anxiety about being that close to everything in such a crucial NY sports weekend. 

Maxman isnt lying though.  And as nice as everyone was, nobody even tried to help me.  They all just stood and watched as Marvin Jones stole my chick while cried like a baby.

52787784.jpg

The question is...did Shadetree have a happy ending as well.

JIF was a cool guy- his girlfriend came from my area originally in New Jersey- good people

Between you, Court and the fact she grew up with that guy that works for Max too, it was like she'd been posting on the board for a decade and not me.

Another solid turnout of JN posters....moving back overseas on 15 months and I already know that meeting up at MetLife is what I'll probably miss the most.

It was cool that Marvin Jones showed up and hit on JiF's girl too.

What was anyone to do? She is the one that can't be trusted. I feel for you man, but there's a lot more fish in the sea and maybe you'll find one with good character next time.

So as many of you know the legendary @JiF went to the Jets \ Redskins game. It was great meeting him, he is really nice. And unfortunately he is as good looking as he says he is.

He was here with his girlfriend and she is amazing as well.

Sad story though, Marvin Jones saw Mrs. Jif and he stole her. Swept her heart right away.

So sorry Jif. NJ can be very unforgiving like that.

This is a true story people.

I cant imagine what Jones could offer that JIF couldn't???

Honestly I just thought CTM did something to ruin everything. Like not show up. 

I thought it was great that it took Marvin Jones a second to realize what you yelled before looking back to scream at you...you guys gonna' make it up to a game again next year?

I thought it was great that it took Marvin Jones a second to realize what you yelled before looking back to scream at you...you guys gonna' make it up to a game again next year?

Yeah, his face was priceless.  

Definitely going to try and make a yearly trip up to a game.  We had a really great time and now that I know a little bit more about the whole adventure, I think I can plan it a little bit better as well.  Hell, I might try to make another one this year...well maybe not because I'm a big pusswah when it comes to cold weather.  I was freezing until the sun kicked in that afternoon.  haha

Between you, Court and the fact she grew up with that guy that works for Max too, it was like she'd been posting on the board for a decade and not me.

She knew so much about us. We were like, who are you again?  LOL.

Archived