Fitzpatrick micd up on Marshalls TD catch

joewilly12

I didn't notice stacy bumped into him. 

After the Jets beat Washington, 34-20, on Sunday, quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick admitted he couldn't quite believe wideout Brandon Marshall scored a touchdown on an underthrown pass Fitzpatrick had delivered as he was being hit in the third quarter. But you really have to hear Fitzpatrick's stunned reaction in the moment.

Marshall somehow was able to come back to the ball around a defender, catch it inches off the ground, and dash to the end zone for a 35-yard touchdown. Not many receivers could do what he did.

"I've thrown so many of those where's I'm getting hit as I release it and they get picked in my career," Fitzpatrick said. "I was thinking, 'Oh boy, here we go.' How he caught it, I don't know. How he turned it in to a touchdown, I really don't know."

PLUS: Jets players wait tables at Mo Wilkerson charity dinner (PHOTOS)

But as the play unfolded, Fitzpatrick was a bit more excited and surprised to learn Marshall had caught the ball, and that Marshall had managed to score. Check it out in the video above. Fitzpatrick's hilarious reaction comes at the 18-second mark.

Archived