Top 5 Moves The NY Jets Made This Year

courtnj18

putting aside the coach/GM. 

1. reacquiring revis

2. acquiring Marshall

3. Skrine

4. Carpenter

5. Fitz(imagine if we still had Simms as the backup when Geno got hurt?)

Perfect. 

Strong honorable mention: Drafting Lenny. He got us through the 4 game suspension, and can potentially turn us into a defensive buzzsaw if by nothing more than by keeping our DL fresh through the season and maintaining our level of play when one of the other guys steps off for a breather. 

I wont include the GM and HC even though I think they've had a huge impact on this franchise.  I'll stick with players. 

Revis - he's the best in the business.  I dont want to hear about that chump Richard Sherman anymore.  He cant hold Revis's jock strap. 

Marshall - seriously the best WR I've see in Green and White since Al Toon.  What he does for this offense is unreal.  Just look at the Fitz reaction to his TD grab last week.

Skrine - his versatility makes this defense very unpredictable.  He can disguise the blitz so well because of his ability to press that he's a nightmare to figure out.  Really need him this week vs. the Cheatriots.

Carpenter - the run game is out of control good and the pass protection has been the best in the biz.  What's the difference from this year since last?  Carpenter. 

Fitz - if they didnt trade for Fitz, we'd have been starting Bryce Petty or some bum like Matt Cassell right now.  Him as a fall back plan being familiar with the system has been huge.  Clearly, this great start is largely contributed to his ability to make quick decisions, get the ball out fast and be a true leader of the team. 

I wont include the GM and HC even though I think they've had a huge impact on this franchise.  I'll stick with players. 

Revis - he's the best in the business.  I dont want to hear about that chump Richard Sherman anymore.  He cant hold Revis's jock strap. 

Marshall - seriously the best WR I've see in Green and White since Al Toon.  What he does for this offense is unreal.  Just look at the Fitz reaction to his TD grab last week.

Skrine - his versatility makes this defense very unpredictable.  He can disguise the blitz so well because of his ability to press that he's a nightmare to figure out.  Really need him this week vs. the Cheatriots.

Carpenter - the run game is out of control good and the pass protection has been the best in the biz.  What's the difference from this year since last?  Carpenter. 

Fitz - if they didnt trade for Fitz, we'd have been starting Bryce Petty or some bum like Matt Cassell right now.  Him as a fall back plan being familiar with the system has been huge.  Clearly, this great start is largely contributed to his ability to make quick decisions, get the ball out fast and be a true leader of the team. 

Skrine and Gilchrist cannot be overlooked. Without them and the way Bowles + crew are scheming, I firmly believe we'd still be vulnerable at times to the TE and slot WRs the way Rex's defenses always were.

Skrine and Gilchrist cannot be overlooked. Without them and the way Bowles + crew are scheming, I firmly believe we'd still be vulnerable at times to the TE and slot WRs the way Rex's defenses always were.

Gilchrist would be my honorable mention.  That dude has been very good.  I thought about him over Carpenter but the run game and the 2 sacks on the year, cant be overlooked when it comes to the success of the team.  After last week, the Jets offense is up to 25.8 ppg.  7th in the league.  WOW

Gilchrist would be my honorable mention.  That dude has been very good.  I thought about him over Carpenter but the run game and the 2 sacks on the year, cant be overlooked when it comes to the success of the team.  After last week, the Jets offense is up to 25.8 ppg.  7th in the league.  WOW

Yup.

Carpenter's presence brings Brick and Mangold back tot he level of play we've grown to expect from them. When 1 offensive lineman improves the play of 3 you have to take notice.

Gilchrist has been awesome, but this secondary was going to be t!ts... having an OL again has made us legit on both sides of the ball.

Yup.

Carpenter's presence brings Brick and Mangold back tot he level of play we've grown to expect from them. When 1 offensive lineman improves the play of 3 you have to take notice.

Gilchrist has been awesome, but this secondary was going to be t!ts... having an OL again has made us legit on both sides of the ball.

sort of the way Faneca did for those guys back in 2008.

Revis - He's the best I've ever seen.

Marshall - Still can't believe we got him so cheap. 

Carpenter - The game is won in the trenches. 

Gilchrist - Most underrated offseason move - guy is a baller and he enabled us to play Pryor at his natural position. A major upgrade to both safety spots - a two for one move. 

Skrine - Dude's the best nickel corner we've had since Mickens. 

Archived