Nothing we do this week could possibly be as bad as this...

Integrity28

I say that play overtakes the buttfumble as the worst play of all time.  Buttfumble was funny and pathetic and sad all at the same time, but it least it wasn't on purpose.  They didn't draw it up that way (I hope)...but this disaster?  It may also supplant throwing it from the 1 in the SB as the worst call of all time.

I say that play overtakes the buttfumble as the worst play of all time.  Buttfumble was funny and pathetic and sad all at the same time, but it least it wasn't on purpose.  They didn't draw it up that way (I hope)...but this disaster?  It may also supplant throwing it from the 1 in the SB as the worst call of all time.

You know, this stupid fake punt at least got the Pats fans to stop talking about the Seahawks decision to throw it on the goal line... so there's that.

This was obviously not the result of stupidity on Pagano's part. Pagano is the victim here, guys, and I'll tell you why.

This is clearly, to my trained eye, the work of none other than the New England Patriots.

Somewhere in the crowd sat a masked and bearded Ernie Adams, furiously shooting telepathic brainwaves directly into Pagano's mind, thus lowering his IQ.

But, don't blame Belechick, you guys. He had no idea. Ernie was ACTUALLY working under orders from Tom Brady. But, to be fair, Pagano was not the intended target, and their goal--would you believe--was NOT to cheat. Pagano was collateral damage because Ernie was actually aiming to brainwash Luck. As it turns out, Brady wanted to see if Luck's carpet matched his face-drapes.

Brady likes the tickle.

This is the part that bothers me the most about the Pats either they get lucky as ... Dallas without Romo/Bryant, tuck rule, etc. or teams just implode on them.  Not sure if Indy wins this game anyway, but why pull this with the game being close and their D holding?

Yup... teams never fail to look across the field at Tom Brady and wet their ******* pants. It's disgusting.

I can honestly say, that was the worst call of any sort that I've ever seen on any level in my entire life.   

I heard a full explanation on NFL Radio last night.  In brief, they rehearsed the play they wanted to run, which was designed to never be snapped, but only to try to pull the Patriots offsides.  Otherwise, they take the 5 yard penalty for DoG and punt.  No biggie.  Three problems...(summarized to my best recollection)

1) The starting Center, who practiced the play during the week went out for injury

2) The backup who was in, was not at practice Friday when they reset the audibles so he did not know the audible for "DON'T SNAP"

3) The Special Teams coach should have made certain the backup knew the audibles but in the heat of the game forgot (he is the real goat on this). 

It was sort of a mini-perfect-storm event where all three things had to go wrong but it did happen and now they get to feel the burn for a few weeks.

I heard a full explanation on NFL Radio last night.  In brief, they rehearsed the play they wanted to run, which was designed to never be snapped, but only to try to pull the Patriots offsides.  Otherwise, they take the 5 yard penalty for DoG and punt.  No biggie.  Three problems...(summarized to my best recollection)

1) The starting Center, who practiced the play during the week went out for injury

2) The backup who was in, was not at practice Friday when they reset the audibles so he did not know the audible for "DON'T SNAP"

3) The Special Teams coach should have made certain the backup knew the audibles but in the heat of the game forgot (he is the real goat on this). 

It was sort of a mini-perfect-storm event where all three things had to go wrong but it did happen and now they get to feel the burn for a few weeks.

What about the problem that it was an illegal formation and even if they did snap it and get the first down, it wouldnt have mattered?  lol

Hands down the stupidest play I've ever seen.

What about the problem that it was an illegal formation and even if they did snap it and get the first down, it wouldnt have mattered?  lol

I agree that the explanation that nycdan gave (which is also what I heard) explains a lot of it - but not the fact that they were lined up in an illegal formation!  Was everyone on the punt team missing from that Friday practice?

You know, this stupid fake punt at least got the Pats fans to stop talking about the Seahawks decision to throw it on the goal line... so there's that.

There was NOTHING wrong with Seattle throwing in that situation. What was wrong was calling that particular play which is just super dangerous in the red zone and the Super Bowl (ask Kurt Warner). Russell Wilson play action roll to the left in that situation with pass/run option is a TD 85% of the time.

There was NOTHING wrong with Seattle throwing in that situation. What was wrong was calling that particular play which is just super dangerous in the red zone and the Super Bowl (ask Kurt Warner). Russell Wilson play action roll to the left in that situation with pass/run option is a TD 85% of the time.

I didn't ask.

i said the Pats fans talk about it.

I was still talking about the lucky catch that put Seattle at the goal line.

because you have an inferiority complex that leads you to believe you and your team are the victims... thank you for punctuating the point I made earlier.

One additional portion which you left out: the original plan (according to a Pat MacAfee interview on local radio) was to trick the opposing team into substituting.  The offense bunched up near the sideline to make it look like they were about to come onto the field.  The punt team however would not actually substitute, just line up in a swinging gate formation, and the hope was to snap the ball while the opposing special team unit tried to substitute and catch them with 12 men.  Then if not 12 men, hope for offsides.  Then if not offside, eat the delay of game.

But the rest of your post is 100% correct.

Inferiority complex? Maybe if we go back to Patriots 1990-91. In the 21st century, I'm high as a kite on this team, total superiority. I don't apologize for winning and I've never felt the victim. Whatever the point you were trying to make, just remember this: Patriots were world champions in 2001, are defending world champions now, and will be world champions again come February. Once you deal with that, you may stop worrying about the success of others and won't feel the need to paint us with your "gloomy" brush as to bring us down to your level.

I wonder what the excuses will be come Sunday. You should probably start early on that I'm sure you'll have many.

I explained this to you earlier, and you still don't understand. It's easier if you just put a sock in it. Nobody here is going to be sympathetic to your blabbering insecurity.

As for excuses on Sunday... The Patriots are playing at home and heavily favored. Why would any of us need to make an excuse? If we lose, we lost a game we were supposed to. If we win, then that's great, we stole one. It's pretty cut and dry... unless you're a Pats fan and need every win to define you as an individual. Again, coming full circle to the point I made about the inferiority complex.

Why don't you google what that means, before you decide to wet your pants further.

Thanks.

in·fe·ri·or·i·ty com·plex
noun
noun: inferiority complex
  1. an unrealistic feeling of general inadequacy caused by actual or supposed inferiority in one sphere, sometimes marked by aggressive behavior in compensation.

Yes, finally I see what you are saying. You are making perfect sense! I know it's hard when the team you hate the most is always better than you. But someday things will change and you may be the better team. If you can just hold out for a bit longer...

an unrealistic feeling of general inadequacy - We've been to 6 SB and won 4 this century!
caused by actual or supposed inferiority in one sphere - Since 2001, we've won the division 12 times, the Jets, 1.

sometimes marked by aggressive behavior in compensation - We are scoring 36.6 PPG this season.

dude.  what is up with this weak crap ?  we have had trolls here forever.  nobody trolls the jets harder than jets fans, lol

seriously, if you are going to troll you need some finesse and don't make it so obvious

in·fe·ri·or·i·ty com·plex
noun
noun: inferiority complex
  1. an unrealistic feeling of general inadequacy caused by actual or supposed inferiority in one sphere, sometimes marked by aggressive behavior in compensation.

Yes, finally I see what you are saying. You are making perfect sense! I know it's hard when the team you hate the most is always better than you. But someday things will change and you may be the better team. If you can just hold out for a bit longer...

an unrealistic feeling of general inadequacy - We've been to 6 SB and won 4 this century!
caused by actual or supposed inferiority in one sphere - Since 2001, we've won the division 12 times, the Jets, 1.

sometimes marked by aggressive behavior in compensation - We are scoring 36.6 PPG this season.

You're going to great lengths to try and change the context. Nothing I say from here on could prove what I said more than your responses do.

You aren't very good at trolling. 

Hands down the stupidest play I've ever seen.

the illegal formation is not a problem because they never intended on snapping the ball.

Dude.... I was called out for an "inferiority complex." I simply had to clear things up. No trolling there. As a football fan (only sport), I've never heard of winning leading to an inferiority complex, just losing. So I'm thinking it's total projection or the guy is just mad that my teams wins all the time. Either way, I can't control the Patriots and their winning ways. It's just something they do (well).

who gives a sh*t take it like a man

A friend of mine thinks the NFL is rigged, this moment gave him a bit more ammo to support that statement.

the refs fix a lot of NFL and nba games because they work on the side for the mob and corporations in Vegas.  Which is why nobody was allowed to touch Jordan for about 7 years in the 90's, you get called for holding for breathing on Julian Edelman and Quinton Coples gets an unnecessary roughness call for what was a perfectly legal sack.

the refs fix a lot of NFL and nba games because they work on the side for the mob and corporations in Vegas.  Which is why nobody was allowed to touch Jordan for about 7 years in the 90's, you get called for holding for breathing on Julian Edelman and Quinton Coples gets an unnecessary roughness call for what was a perfectly legal sack.

Who can forget the phone call Pete Carroll got on the sideline in the last Super Bowl that said you give Lynch the ball your a dead man..LOL

Archived