Jets-Pats predictions

faba

That happens, Bowles starts thinking of Geno. I think Fitz breaks through this week. We subtly had good chemistry last week in the second half, think that flows over to this week. If Owusu is back that will be a big positive. Enunwa hurts us running so we will need to pass more.

Yeah, I've been a Geno supporter all season but Fitz has gradually been winning me over with his enthusiasm and decent play despite some limitations.  But if that happens, it'll be Geno time.

A good make or break game for Fitz here.  If he finds a way to win this one, I'll be all-aboard the Fitzmagic train.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets matchup so well against the Pats*...this may finally be our year.

Jets win the TO battle 3-1

Jets win game 27-20

Cro and Gilchrist with picks

Ivory with 120 total yds/2 tds

Marshall with 130 rcvg yds

I'm interested to see which DBs Bowles matches up against the Pats* WRs and TEs.  Does LaFell play?  If no LaFell, who do you match Cromartie up with?  He doesn't seem to be strong against the small & scrappy Edelman/Amendola type.  Who does Revis cover?  Do you put Revis on Gronk?  Do Skrine and Marcus Williams play?  They are both the type of DB who match up well in this game, not necessarily Cromartie.  Marcus Williams shut down Gronk last season.  Skrine might be built to cover Edelman.

All interesting questions.

Yeah, I've been a Geno supporter all season but Fitz has gradually been winning me over with his enthusiasm and decent play despite some limitations.  But if that happens, it'll be Geno time.

A good make or break game for Fitz here.  If he finds a way to win this one, I'll be all-aboard the Fitzmagic train.

I fear the 2nd rise of Penningtology.

Intangibles.

I think it will be stressful

There's no question. Part of me wants to not watch, but of course I will. It's going to be extra frustrating because it's going to be close, and we will lose on a silly mistake or two, and you're going to want to throw something every time you watch the Pats get away with a hold or a pick play, while we get called for at least 1 phantom PI.

I fear the 2nd rise of Penningtology.

Intangibles.

My main worry about Fitz is going to be confirmed or denied Sunday.  With this team, just about any QB could get wins vs mid/low tiered teams.  I just wasn't sure if Fitz had enough to beat the better teams.  If he can, even though I believe Geno could potentially do better, would have to support Fitz.  If nothing else, the guy is enthusiastic and seems to be trying pretty damn hard.  We'll see in a couple days.

I really think that the Jets are just a bad matchup for the Patriots. The Jets can run the football with authority on any team in the league and their defense is the best in football. If the Jets play mistake free football, play solid special teams, and keep Gronkowski in check, a win is very possible.

Jets win and put the entire NFL on notice.

27-17

Here come the Jets.

My main worry about Fitz is going to be confirmed or denied Sunday.  With this team, just about any QB could get wins vs mid/low tiered teams.  I just wasn't sure if Fitz had enough to beat the better teams.  If he can, even though I believe Geno could potentially do better, would have to support Fitz.  If nothing else, the guy is enthusiastic and seems to be trying pretty damn hard.  We'll see in a couple days.

Pretty much exactly the way I see it.  The Jets are a very good team with a very suspect QB in a QB-first league.

More than anything, I'm excited about Skrine and Williams being available for this game. Jets have the defensive front to push the middle of the pocket without blitzing, and enough quality defensive backs to handle the Pats' spread offense. The Jets don't have to do any specific 1-on-1 match-ups defensively. I'd mix up coverages with Skrine or Revis on Edelman, and Cro or Gilchrist on Gronk. If they want to mix in zone coverage, manning Cro on Gronk would be as close as I'd get to a full time assignment. Cro isn't a physical tackler but he's very capable of being physical at the line of scrimmage, and he definitely has the speed over Gronk allowing him to be physical without worrying about Gronk getting past him. 

Offensively, my faith in Gailey is growing. The Jets just have to be smart with the football, and Gailey will stick with the hot hand. That presumably means plenty of Ivory and Marshall until the Pats demonstrate they can stop it. Pats will most likely try to take away Ivory and the short passing field from Fitzpatrick. Decker and whoever is the third WR will be big against such a gameplan. I have some faith in Decker, Owusu, and Kerley in that regard, and in Ivory and Marshall getting their yards despite the Pats doing what they can to stop them. 

Jets are a 7-10 point underdog, and rightly so. Don't have to look past Brady vs. Fitz in NE for the reasons for the line. But this game doesn't scare me. It's a test. A good one, but not nearly impossible. The players are naturally hyped for the game, but Bowles demeanor should keep them relatively even-keeled despite that. Definitely don't expect this coaching staff to do anything stupid just because they're playing the Pats. 

I don't like to make predictions, but I like the Jets chances. 

I'm sorry but I really don't think the Jets have the offensive fire power to keep up with the Pats.  As good as our defense can be, the Pats offense is going to put up points and it'll be hard for us to keep pace.  I wish I didn't feel this way, but from I've seen from both teams this one isn't close.

31-17 Pats...(sorry)

hehehehehe . . . . 

per roto:

Patriots LT Marcus Cannon (toe) has been ruled out for Week 7.

Cameron Fleming will start at right tackle, with Sebastian Vollmer moving to the blindside. Cannon should be considered questionable for Week 8.

Oct 23 - 6:32 PM

GREAT NEWS!

23-21 Pats in overtime.

I know our team is legit and i'm convinced that we'll have a great season, but winning at Foxboro against an undefeated Patriots team is a step too far. The team will play its ass off, but something will stop them from winning: the refs, a bad bounce, a missed FG/XP (god forbid) or something.

There is a reason why the Patriots never lose at Foxboro, and it doesn't always have to do with football.

There's no question. Part of me wants to not watch, but of course I will. It's going to be extra frustrating because it's going to be close, and we will lose on a silly mistake or two, and you're going to want to throw something every time you watch the Pats get away with a hold or a pick play, while we get called for at least 1 phantom PI.

the last 4 games were decided by a total of 9 points !!!   things will be broken !!!   its just so annoying that everybody knows the jets are fighting the refs in ratsboro, and there is nothing you can do about it

between revis, cro and skrine, I'd say we are looking at 4 DPI's

Jets at Patriots — Bill Vinovich

rs 2014 crew Occupation
R 52 Bill Vinovich 11   accountant, former NFL officiating supervisor
U 121 Paul King 7 * school teacher
HL 110 Phil McKinnely 14 * inventory control
LJ 90 Mike Spanier 17   middle school principal
FJ 117 John Jenkins 2 * sales executive
SJ 60 Gary Cavaletto 13   general manager, agricultural operations
BJ 63 Jim Quirk 6   financial advisor
Replay official: Larry Nemmers
Replay assistant: Mark Butterworth
Position changes: Cavaletto (FJ to SJ)

Pretty much exactly the way I see it.  The Jets are a very good team with a very suspect QB in a QB-first league.

Fitzpatrick is the first QB for the Jets since QBR was a thing 10 years ago that has 2 back2back 90+ ratings.  I know QBR doesn't tell everything and can be kind of weird but if he does it this week it shows he's doing things better than Pennington, Bollinger, Klemons, Testaverde, Favre, Sanchez, Vick and Geno.  This is also the most talented offensive unit we've put together in the last 10 years but hey, we can't play what ifs only whats dealt.

OH yeah this is a prediction thread :P

24-23

Jets win, Fitz gets the ball last and marches down the field for a Folk Hero game winning FG.

Archived