Sane Pats fans concerned about this Game!!

Charlie Brown

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dick macPherson for all the marbles!!...I trump all  you guys...ha ha

he was in the hugh millen era (as short as it was)

I remember him get all excited after the pats  won a game finally..lol

Finally? He opened his HC career with a W, so you apparently don't remember that era too well.  

- An owner whose much beloved wife passes away and a few months later he is showing up with some 6 foot blonde amazon babe on his aging arm.  The coach also cements his rep a s a sleaze by having an affair or so.  The star QB's high character shows by him dumping his pregnant girlfriend for a model

I kind of admire Kraft for requiring his team to wear commemorative patches and helmet stickers for his deceased wife while he was plowing Brigitte II. 

LOL!  Same old angry Assmop.  Walk-thru provem to be bullsh*t.  MIT?  Really?  Brady getting paid under the table now?  Avacado ice cream is  a PED?  Wow....you've actually gotten crazier.

Just because the filmer of walkthrus was paid off, it will come out in due time. Brady used same so called trainer as Bonds, we have all seen what brady looked like at combine. sometimes truth hurts, just about every pats fan i know has there head stuck in sand. Will you stand behing your word when brady gets his 4 game suspension next yr?

Here's one reason I'm not:

In seven career games against Belichick’s Patriots, Fitzpatrick is 1-6 and has thrown 17 interceptions to go with 13 touchdowns. He’s thrown at least one pick every time he’s faced the Patriots and two or more in five of those games.

Cool. Was that with this Jets team? 

Here's one reason I'm not:

In seven career games against Belichick’s Patriots, Fitzpatrick is 1-6 and has thrown 17 interceptions to go with 13 touchdowns. He’s thrown at least one pick every time he’s faced the Patriots and two or more in five of those games.

guess it failed to register in your Patsy head that Fitz will be playing with 10 different players to orrow than those 7 games. 

Hate to break it to you but it's not going to be a Brady vs Fitz game. 

So I officially made my first sports bet today.  I bet 10 dollars on the Jets to cover +9 (-125).  I figure either I just paid 10 dollars to enjoy watching my team win a blowout, or I at least get to console myself with an additional 8 dollars in my Bovada account.

guess it failed to register in your Patsy head that Fitz will be playing with 10 different players to orrow than those 7 games. 

Hate to break it to you but it's not going to be a Brady vs Fitz game. 

The QB will be important in this game, I'm sure. And the Jets happen to have an average at best QB. BB owns FitzMagic and unless you plan on bucking that trend...

Yeah, I like the part about how an actual "rule" was correctly called on field. Damn cheaters! Oh, I also like the mention of "long term manipulation of game equipment." I hope someone told Brady his numbers are through the roof when he plays with balls at least 12.5 PSI. A couple other items are there are pretty funny too.

It seems you forgot one bullet point:

- 4x World Champions

The deflation was never about Tom Brady and it was never about what kind of balls he likes to throw.

The deflation was about dramatically reduced rates of fumbling That result from lower ball pressures.  If illegal manipulation of game equipment is required in order to get that "edge" then that was what they were going to do.  This is all Bill Belichick and Tom Brady is simply taking one for the team by refusing to release his phone records which would have shown that this program was organized from the top to begin with.

A fish rots from the head down and an ongoing criminal enterprise is going to do criminal things.  It is what they do.

The NFL is like a club for billionaires and 31 other billionaires are pretty sick and tired of one of their number who has been caught stealing from them over and over again.  It is as if a family member steals valuables from your home every time there is a familiy gathering and when confronted, their defense is that you should have better security in your house.  That is why this is a million percent different from a Greg Hardy or an Adrian Peterson.  And this is why the rest of the league looks at your franchise not with admiration but with disgust.

Greg Hardy and Adrian Peterson were punished because their behavior, as individuals was damaging to the reputation of the NFL.

A team that cheats in order to get better results on the field is directly stealing from the other 31 Franchise owners.  The fact that it may also result in reputational damage to the league as a whole  is neither here nor there.

Kraft should be forced to sell the team and Belichick at this point should get the Pete Rose treatment.

The deflation was never about Tom Brady and it was never about what kind of balls he likes to throw.

The deflation was about dramatically reduced rates of fumbling That result from lower ball pressures.  If illegal manipulation of game equipment is required in order to get that "edge" then that was what they were going to do.  This is all Bill Belichick and Tom Brady is simply taking one for the team by refusing to release his phone records which would have shown that this program was organized from the top to begin with.

A fish rots from the head down and an ongoing criminal enterprise is going to do criminal things.  It is what they do.

The NFL is like a club for billionaires and 31 other billionaires are pretty sick and tired of one of their number who has been caught stealing from them over and over again.  It is as if a family member steals valuables from your home every time there is a familiy gathering and when confronted, their defense is that you should have better security in your house.  That is why this is a million percent different from a Greg Hardy or an Adrian Peterson.  And this is why the rest of the league looks at your franchise not with admiration but with disgust.

Oh, fumbling... this chart seems to be wrong then. Someone forgot to tell the Patriots to fumble more with properly inflated footballs.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/fumbles-per-game

And, and since they have been deflating footballs for a LONG time, look at this chart:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/fumbles-per-game?date=2014-02-02

Did anyone think they simply teach ball handling well?

The hard part for anyone who wants to get the Patriots for cheating is that especially for deflategate, there has been zero benefit for which the stats/numbers bear out. Brady just likes his balls on the light side. Plain and simple. No cheating to see there.

Oh, fumbling... this chart seems to be wrong then. Someone forgot to tell the Patriots to fumble more with properly inflated footballs.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/fumbles-per-game

And, and since they have been deflating footballs for a LONG time, look at this chart:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/fumbles-per-game?date=2014-02-02

Did anyone think they simply teach ball handling well?

The hard part for anyone who wants to get the Patriots for cheating is that especially for deflategate, there has been zero benefit for which the stats/numbers bear out. Brady just likes his balls on the light side. Plain and simple. No cheating to see there.

Every team in the league stresses ball handling.  Yes, every team in the league including the Patriots because of the critical importance of turnovers.

The Patriots preached this before the rules change on ball pressure.  I guess their teaching was just not "off the charts effective" before they got the opportunity to doctor the footballs before the game.  The statiscitc show that their "off-the-charts" teaching was not off the charts before 2006.  Bill Belichick taught good ball handling when he was with the giants and the Browns and the Jets.  I guess he was just not such a good teacher then.  But then again, the rules on ball preparation did not permit pregame doctoring of the footballs at that time either.

Players who were so well coached not to fumble in New England suddenly must have forgotten all of that "good coaching" when they went elsewhere and began to fumble at normal rates once again.  Well, either they forgot all of that good coaching or they simply did not have the benefit of playing with doctored footballs.  I wonder which of the two it is?

We do not have one or two seasons worth of new data as yet and the weather is not yet cold so let's just agree that your statistics through five game this year are pretty much the bullsh!t.

Finally, if your idea of good coaching means having a set of coaches who were willing to crate a game day environment where fumbling was less likely then yes, by the standards of a cheating franchise I guess that would indeed constitute "good coaching"

Every team in the league stresses ball handling.  Yes, every team in the league including the Patriots because of the critical importance of turnovers.

The Patriots preached this before the rules change on ball pressure.  I guess their teaching was just not "off the charts effective" before they got the opportunity to doctor the footballs before the game.  The statiscitc show that their "off-the-charts" teaching was not off the charts before 2006.  Bill Belichick taught good ball handling when he was with the giants and the Browns and the Jets.  I guess he was just not such a good teacher then.  But then again, the rules on ball preparation did not permit pregame doctoring of the footballs at that time either.

Players who were so well coached not to fumble in New England suddenly must have forgotten all of that "good coaching" when they went elsewhere and began to fumble at normal rates once again.  Well, either they forgot all of that good coaching or they simply did not have the benefit of playing with doctored footballs.  I wonder which of the two it is?

We do not have one or two seasons worth of new data as yet and the weather is not yet cold so let's just agree that your statistics through five game this year are pretty much the bullsh!t.

Finally, if your idea of good coaching means having a set of coaches who were willing to crate a game day environment where fumbling was less likely then yes, by the standards of a cheating franchise I guess that would indeed constitute "good coaching"

Stats don't lie. They are holding onto the ball with 12.5+ PSI and they fumbled more with (11.5 PSI. Those pesky facts often get in the way of a good argument...

Stats don't lie. They are holding onto the ball with 12.5+ PSI and they fumbled more with (11.5 PSI. Those pesky facts often get in the way of a good argument...

Good line.  I hope you continue too feel that way once the weather gets colder and once we have a statistically significant sample size.

the last 4 games have been decided by a total of 9 points, and If I am not mistaken the jets could have won two of those games with a FG but one was missed and another was blocked

pats* fans don't want to admit it, but division games are usually tough.  this jets team has a better defense, and more importantly, an offense that converts in the redzone

the big concern for me is I'm sure on tape its obvious to everyone that fitz is in love with marshall, and will chuck it up to him pretty much regardless of coverage.  belicheat will call a lot of trap coverages and drop LB's and lineman to get in the passing lanes to force some TO's.

this would be a pretty sweet week for smith, kerley or thompkins to give the jets a 3rd option. 

The QB will be important in this game, I'm sure. And the Jets happen to have an average at best QB. BB owns FitzMagic and unless you plan on bucking that trend...

a average at best QB with a better QBR than your QB.  Who has better WRs at his disposal and a better RB.  Fitz's not Brady but he is better than average.  BB is running a below average D,  Buck that trend. 

the last 4 games have been decided by a total of 9 points, and If I am not mistaken the jets could have won two of those games with a FG but one was missed and another was blocked

Yup!  I remember that one well.  I don't bet much, but decided to that game because the odds were crazy.  One of those sites that adds 50% to your initial deposit.  Think I put in $75 or something.  Took the moneyline, not the points.  If that kick was good woulda made like $750 off $75.  I was freakin pissed!

a average at best QB with a better QBR than your QB.  Who has better WRs at his disposal and a better RB.  Fitz's not Brady but he is better than average.  BB is running a below average D,  Buck that trend. 

On the other hand the Jets have 8 sacks the Pats 19 and we are known for a bad ass D-line?? :(

Yup!  I remember that one well.  I don't bet much, but decided to that game because the odds were crazy.  One of those sites that adds 50% to your initial deposit.  Think I put in $75 or something.  Took the moneyline, not the points.  If that kick was good woulda made like $750 off $75.  I was freakin pissed!

ouch !

On the other hand the Jets have 8 sacks the Pats 19 and we are known for a bad ass D-line?? :(

well they can't stop the run and it's much easier to get sacks when you're leading and know the other team is passing every down.  Stats can be misleading which is why I said Fitz isn't Brady.  Used numbers to indicate he doesn't suck. 

Honestly, I'm actually a little worried for some of the Jets like you, no offense but I honestly don't think you really get how much better the pats are than the jets. It's like you barely beat a bunch of scrubs and all of a sudden you all think your going to walk into Foxboro and take down the pats? Sorry but you're all in for a really rude awakening. This is going to be a soul crushing defeat  for jet

Oh really? Besides Indy, which the Jets defeated better than the Pats did, you haven't beat a legit team since Week 1 and that was by one TD.

Which goes to show you how much the ESPN-created QBR rating really means... Weeden had a better QBR than Brady in the Dallas game... but go look at the actual stat line. If you want to hang your hat on the QBR, be my guest. As for receivers, as long as Brady is throwing to Gronk and Edelman, and I suspect Lewis will get a bunch of targets, I'm happy. LaFell should help us down the stretch this season. I have NEVER been worried about Brady's targets.

Good line.  I hope you continue too feel that way once the weather gets colder and once we have a statistically significant sample size.

The cold weather actually helps their ball grip. Since Brady has the balls at the NFL minimum of 12.5 PSI, as soon as the balls hit the cold air, they are illegal, just the way he likes them :)

The cold weather actually helps their ball grip. Since Brady has the balls at the NFL minimum of 12.5 PSI, as soon as the balls hit the cold air, they are illegal, just the way he likes them :)

Thanks for confirming that you are an idiot

Archived