JetNation FanDuel Week 7 League

Maxman

yeah... I am done with this if they set it t 500 again. If Fandrool is going to collect a 13.4% vig on us, I might as well play some of their other tournaments where their cut is less than that.  

Their cut doesn't even bother me as much as the fact as half the people who come in somehow are always able to find the magic formula to having the correct combination of outstanding players. For instance the guy winning our league right now picked stephon digs who has 20 points...who the hell would bet 10$ and pick that guy and what are the odds that Diggs would somehow have the best game of his career today?

Their cut doesn't even bother me as much as the fact as half the people who come in somehow are always able to find the magic formula to having the correct combination of outstanding players. For instance the guy winning our league right now picked stephon digs who has 20 points...who the hell would bet 10$ and pick that guy and what are the odds that Diggs would somehow have the best game of his career today?

I have Diggs in 2 of my 3 my Jetnation lineups.  I have him in my 50/50's also, all of which I will collect from.  He was strong the past two weeks and is quickly becoming Bridgewater's favorite target. Really, anyone paying even a little attention knows Diggs was a good play this week at his low salary.

I have Diggs in 2 of my 3 my Jetnation lineups.  I have him in my 50/50's also, all of which I will collect from.  He was strong the past two weeks and is quickly becoming Bridgewater's favorite target. Really, anyone paying even a little attention knows Diggs was a good play this week at his low salary.

guess I am oblivious, I got second place in our league last week so I really have nothing to complain about anyway I am just losing the money I won last week.

sadly I agree that if it's 500 teams again I'm down to 1 or 2 teams if any at all.  No JNers on page 1 and I'm not interested in testing my mettle against FD's finest.  I have 2 teams in top 20 (which will no doubt get passed) and I'm probably still going to lose money this week.

SO MUCH BLOODSHED. I was at a charity thing watching the game scores going up on a TV in the bar area thinking I'd be in the top ten easy. ALAS, not the case. lol what a brutal week

You were in the top 10 for awhile...the numbers just to place in the money currently are getting close to the numbers that would have won the thing last week.

I have hopes for my cardinals players going today (rly i need them to save my week overall). 

Entries
$279
Entry fees
$289.10
Winning

I have a few teams with only 4 quarters left to play. Heres to hoping john brown plays tonight and fitz and palmer get me some points..Fun story one of the 5 teams i cancelled in our league was ofcourse, phins stacked and would be 15 points in first place . Love hindsight but, I wasent rly high on any of them except landry (which thankfully I have in 14 different teams 63 of those entries.)

I cancelled my entries, but my team was something like: 

Rivers, Gurley, Davonte, Landry, Moncrief, Martavis Bryant, Ladarius Green, Lambo, Steelers D

I never even took the time to fine-tune my other entries. I wonder if that would have been enough to place, given what I'm hearing this morning...

The number to place this week is like 141 right now....crazy. I have one of my 3 at 143, so I'm sure ill get bumped tonight. It's pretty bad when the public game I'm in from the FD lobby has 600+ entries and the score to place is where it should be...around 120 ish. Sucks they are screwing up a great league that Max has worked so hard to set up for us. Besides the Jets losing, this FD week really made for a crappy Sunday. Didn't even watch the 4 pm's or night game.

I'm looking at most of the guys currently in the top 10 and I don't see any issues with their lineups other than they are not JetNation people.  Most of those lineups I think I could have had based on the player pool.  It's just that right little combo that puts you right over the hill.

The number to place this week is like 141 right now....crazy. I have one of my 3 at 143, so I'm sure ill get bumped tonight. It's pretty bad when the public game I'm in from the FD lobby has 600+ entries and the score to place is where it should be...around 120 ish. Sucks they are screwing up a great league that Max has worked so hard to set up for us. Besides the Jets losing, this FD week really made for a crappy Sunday. Didn't even watch the 4 pm's or night game.

Thanks! I agree. I am going to try and talk to them this week to see what we can do.

SO MUCH BLOODSHED. I was at a charity thing watching the game scores going up on a TV in the bar area thinking I'd be in the top ten easy. ALAS, not the case. lol what a brutal week

I stopped reading when you suggested you were at a charity thing.

I'm looking at most of the guys currently in the top 10 and I don't see any issues with their lineups other than they are not JetNation people.  Most of those lineups I think I could have had based on the player pool.  It's just that right little combo that puts you right over the hill.

that's the game..  we all "could have had" their lineups but those guys are willing to spend way more time than I am research putting the pieces together.  I just make up the lineup as I go and tinker with it after the fact.  Start to finish for a team is less than 10 minutes.

143 point cuttoff which will no doubt go to about 150 tonight isn't fun at all.. when you throw in only 1 or 2 recognizable names on the first couple pages it's time to scale way back.

Definitely no fault of Max' and I'm not even that ticked at FD.  They lost a bunch of money for 6 weeks so of course they want to make it back.  I just think if it stays like this it's not fun or interesting any longer.

Of course Larry Fitzgerald puts up 5 points against the worst pass defense in the league. THIS FREAKING GAME

That might have been the only thing that kept me from a complete disaster (even though I had him in a few lineups).  I feel like only losing $30 with 10 teams was a win. 

The guy who entered the same lineup twice and tied himself for first deserves a blanket party.

That might have been the only thing that kept me from a complete disaster (even though I had him in a few lineups).  I feel like only losing $30 with 10 teams was a win. 

The guy who entered the same lineup twice and tied himself for first deserves a blanket party.

That Nate Washington move was savvy. He caught a bunch of passes from Mettenberger last year, too.

That Nate Washington move was savvy. He caught a bunch of passes from Mettenberger last year, too.

I had him in 2 lineups on Fri and kept thinking I should put him in more..  I saw shorts was out and he was coming back but I thought Miami's D would continue to roll... and they did before completely giving up in the 2nd half.

On Sat night I talked myself out of him altogether and swapped him out.  Another Sat night where I beat myself before the games started.  Maybe I should just wait until Sat night to do anything.

link works..  showing as another 500 person league.  Down to 1 or 2 lineups for me.  Which are the other contests that are good to enter?

I am going to create a thread for this but I am not really going to promote it this week. I need to talk to Fan Duel, this isn't right getting the link at the end of the week.

I am going to create a thread for this but I am not really going to promote it this week. I need to talk to Fan Duel, this isn't right getting the link at the end of the week.

yeah it might even be worse than last week in terms of JN participants after last Sundays carnage.  I'd guess we'll be lucky to get 175-200 entries which leaves 300+ for FD's finest.

If we don't get a couple hundred by Sun I'll probably cancel my lineup and look for better games.  Not sure what the solution for you/us would be.  They seem pretty content on making it 500 entries which I'd think more than anything will be what keeps many of us away.

What would it take to make it a truly JN exclusive league?  I'd think the sweet spot would be a 250 max league paying the top 75?  Not sure if they'd customize it like that but worth a shot.

Archived