Tales of the Borderlands

Villain The Foe

Dont play many video games as I used to, however, I purchased "Tales from the Borderlands" on steam. Has anyone else played this game? PURE EPICNESS is the experience. I've never played any of the original Borderlands game prior so this was my first time getting familiar with characters and the game universe, though I've really become a fan of the point & click genre...especially Telltales Studio's work. And the soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in video games. It really compliments the games environment. 

Anyway, I just finished the game and came away really impressed. I wanted to know if anyone else has played this game and what were your thoughts. 

It has a huge following, not a fan of FPS but I do like the RPG aspect to it. Just not my thing.

I feel you on that. I was a huge FPS fan on the nintendo Wii ( wii-mote motion control was just the truth) but I was never really good playing with dual analog sticks so I never played the borderland series. However, this point and click version of the game is just epic. I think this is Telltale's best game in this genre. 

After playing this game I can see why borderlands has such the following as you mentioned. The characters are very well developed and they all add something to the overall experience from what I played. Telltale definitely had a great foundation to work with. 

I feel you on that. I was a huge FPS fan on the nintendo Wii ( wii-mote motion control was just the truth) but I was never really good playing with dual analog sticks so I never played the borderland series. However, this point and click version of the game is just epic. I think this is Telltale's best game in this genre. 

After playing this game I can see why borderlands has such the following as you mentioned. The characters are very well developed and they all add something to the overall experience from what I played. Telltale definitely had a great foundation to work with. 

We do have a videogames thread here, somewhere B)

I haven't played this yet as I usually wait for all of the episodes to be released, then wait for it to go on sale.

But The Walking Dead Season 1 has to be Telltale's benchmark, without it I don't think they would have been able to land these other franchises (BL, GoT, etc).

We do have a videogames thread here, somewhere B)

I haven't played this yet as I usually wait for all of the episodes to be released, then wait for it to go on sale.

But The Walking Dead Season 1 has to be Telltale's benchmark, without it I don't think they would have been able to land these other franchises (BL, GoT, etc).

I agree. I never heard of The Walking Dead until it won game of the year a few years ago. When that happened I purchased it on Xbox. Been in love with the genre ever since and finished both TWD seasons. All of the episodes for Tales of the Borderlands are currently out and should go on sale on Steam soon if you are playing on PC, if on a console you're probably able to buy a used version of the game. Telltale has also done a Game of Thrones point & click that is pretty awesome as well. 

I actually started this game called "Life is strange" from Square Enix yesterday. It's pretty good so far. 

I agree. I never heard of The Walking Dead until it won game of the year a few years ago. When that happened I purchased it on Xbox. Been in love with the genre ever since and finished both TWD seasons. All of the episodes for Tales of the Borderlands are currently out and should go on sale on Steam soon if you are playing on PC, if on a console you're probably able to buy a used version of the game. Telltale has also done a Game of Thrones point & click that is pretty awesome as well. 

I actually started this game called "Life is strange" from Square Enix yesterday. It's pretty good so far. 

The Wolf Among Us is supposed to be pretty awesome as well, I've played TWD Season one on my Vita, very easy game to play on the handheld. I think they are also doing a Minecraft Story Mode as well, which isn't my thing but my kids will love that one. 

The Wolf Among Us is supposed to be pretty awesome as well, I've played TWD Season one on my Vita, very easy game to play on the handheld. I think they are also doing a Minecraft Story Mode as well, which isn't my thing but my kids will love that one. 

Forgot about The wolf among us. completed that as well. I did see that they released the minecraft game which I may play after life is strange. Wolf among us was pretty good. I like how Telltale gets better with each work. TWD season 2 was good, but not as great as the first. The Wolf among us was awesome but Borderlands was just perfect, down to the story, gameplay and especially the soundtrack. 

Archived